HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Today, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoVerde View Post
The city has begun cutting down some very old trees along Boyle Avenue, between E. 1st and E. 4th Streets. Most still remain.

There is no environmental impact report. The city said it was not required under current laws. I think they are referring to CEQA law so I am looking for a CEQA attorney in L.A.

If anyone can point me to such an attorney, or if anyone has any other input, etc. then please let me know.

One way that this forum can definitely help is by referring me to historical images of these trees, and also historical context for them. For example, I know they are very old, but I don't know if anyone can actually date them

Any, any help or communication is profoundly appreciated. This issue is very troubling for me and it harkens back visions of the Aliso and the Eagle Tree in Compton.

Thank you in advance for any input.
Here is some additional info and images I've come across:

I feel fairly certain that the trees in question are the ones in this image:

The excerpt from this book may imply that Workman himself may have been responsible for the planting of these trees:

This is a recent image:

I will try to take photos of the trees they've already cut for tomorrow.

Again, most of the trees still stand but are scheduled to come down soon. I think they are planning on cutting more down this Saturday. I'd like to stop this from happening if at all possible.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos