HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Is Angel Knolls (next to Angel's Flight incline?) a big enough parcel for a supertall? How about fronting on Pershing Square?
Yes it is big enough. Supertalls are going up in tiny spaces in NYC, all the super slender towers. But this lot has enough space to hold a massive building.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. Is Angel Knolls (next to Angel's Flight incline?) a big enough parcel for a supertall? How about fronting on Pershing Square?
Barring some sort of demolition, I doubt we could have a supertall adjacent to Pershing Square. However, I don't think it's necessarily crazy to think that the lot just south of Pershing square on The east side of Olive St behind the immigration court is a perfect size for a nice slender super tall. One can dream.

I'm more excited for the day that parking minimums are relaxed or removed altogether downtown and we can start to see those slender lots (which outnumber the large parking lots 10:1) give way to interesting developments.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:19 PM

Lightbulb

^^^ Maybe that day may come sooner than later. The BEST thing about this boom, minus the obvious height, sheer amount of towers and economic boom happening downtown, is the fact that that most of the "Big wide open lots" are gone. So now we're getting down to plots of land that can only hold one tower and not 3-4 towers.

The city will be pressured to figure out the parking minimum mess since some of these lots are too small to actually consider holding any kind of large amounts of parking. Best example.... The parking lot that serves the Pantry..... If/when that 975 ft tower gets built. That Pantry parking lot is, in my opinion, tooo small to have subterranean parking and/or parking structure. Engineers are brilliant and I'm sure it can be done but its just a waste. We'll start seeing developers saying NO!.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Good news. 4th and Broadway under construction.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:31 PM

^^^ AMAZING. GREAT NEWS ! Let the construction train keep on rolling.

Just an opinion. I know everyone has their sights set on Angel Knolls for the cities next supertall. But in my opinion, (purely for aesthetic purposes) I think a supertall, hopefully somewhere in the 1200-plus range, should be on that lot across the street from Macys plaza on flower street.....There's also that parking lot next to the standard hotel that could hold something pretty tall... Both spots will Keep LAs famous "Peak" in the skyline if they were chosen.

And I know I'm going to get backlash for this.... I always do...But....im going to say it again anyway. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TEAR DOWN THAT DAM* SMART & FINAL STORE ON FIG ! PLEASE ! IT NEEDS TO GO!. That lot can easily hold 2 modest towers and maybe a supertall. It would be a great way to link Metropolis with the fig corridor.

Old Posted Today, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
^^^ AMAZING. GREAT NEWS ! Let the construction train keep on rolling.

Just an opinion. I know everyone has their sights set on Angel Knolls for the cities next supertall. But in my opinion, (purely for aesthetic purposes) I think a supertall, hopefully somewhere in the 1200-plus range, should be on that lot across the street from Macys plaza on flower street.....There's also that parking lot next to the standard hotel that could hold something pretty tall... Both spots will Keep LAs famous "Peak" in the skyline if they were chosen.

And I know I'm going to get backlash for this.... I always do...But....im going to say it again anyway. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TEAR DOWN THAT DAM* SMART & FINAL STORE ON FIG ! PLEASE ! IT NEEDS TO GO!. That lot can easily hold 2 modest towers and maybe a supertall. It would be a great way to link Metropolis with the fig corridor.
I actually agree 100%.

Old Posted Today, 6:24 AM

This has nothing to do with any projects currently in the works or under construction but I would like to share my thoughts and get some opinions. I have always hated the substantial gap left between Bunker Hill and US Bank. CBRE is there, but not tall enough to create a "flowing" skyline, if you will. Is there any possibility of the AT&T switching center getting bought & demolished? Not sure how important it is, as it seems to be a place that still provides cell service so I would guess it won't be going anywhere any time soon. I did a little mock-up below. One is just a taller CRBE, and the other is a tower behind CRBE.

Old Posted Today, 6:56 AM

Quote:
Unlimited height according to few sources.

Old Posted Today, 12:46 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunsberger View Post
This has nothing to do with any projects currently in the works or under construction but I would like to share my thoughts and get some opinions. I have always hated the substantial gap left between Bunker Hill and US Bank. CBRE is there, but not tall enough to create a "flowing" skyline, if you will. Is there any possibility of the AT&T switching center getting bought & demolished? Not sure how important it is, as it seems to be a place that still provides cell service so I would guess it won't be going anywhere any time soon. I did a little mock-up below. One is just a taller CRBE, and the other is a tower behind CRBE.
That building serves 1.3 million users of the 213 area code so I don't think it's going to go anywhere anytime soon. There's a couple of parking lots around the building but I'm not sure how safe it is living next to a giant microwave tower.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations