HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 2:14 AM

Trinity Plaza/Trinity Place

Thanks 1977 for the great photo of the market and link - you are sharp! I remember there used to be a market in that block in the 1970s - long gone. If only we had digital cameras 40 years ago - so many buildingsa are gone and we cannot remember what was there!

Being that I will have to look at the Trinity Place complex from my window till I probably die, I'm happy to say that I like what I see now and look forward to seeing the whole complex finished. There are times I have doubts about it, but the 1st building does change it's character depending on the time of day and light.

Unfortunately the Holiday Inn blocks my view of the corner of Mission and 8th Streets, so it will be awhile before I can post pictures from my window.

Last edited by Jerry of San Fran; Mar 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 5:57 AM

333 Harrison is set to begin construction in the next month or so!

Quote:
San Francisco-based Emerald Fund Inc. hopes to begin construction in the next 30 days on a $105 million, 326-unit apartment complex at 333 Harrison St. in San Francisco.

The move follows notification from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that a $70 million loan guarantee has passed muster at the federal level.

“We have verbal confirmation from HUD that we have been approved by HUD’s National Loan Committee, and we are moving forward,” said Alastair Mactaggart of Emerald.

The company began work to gain entitlements for the seven-story complex beginning in 2007, succeeding in 2009. Without the HUD loan guarantee, the project could not progress. “The construction financing market was so dead and is so dead that there is no way to do it without them,” Mactaggart said.

The lender is RED Mortgage Capital LLC, the mortgage banking arm of Columbus, Ohio, -based RED Capital Group. RED provides debt and equity to the multifamily, student and senior-housing sectors, as well as the health care industry. RED managed the processing of the Emerald Fund loan through the federal housing department.

San Mateo’s Webcor Builders has been selected as the general contractor. The project has a $65 million construction budget. Construction should last 18 months.

The project includes 49 affordable units intended for rent to families earning 30 percent of the San Francisco median income. The HUD backing also limits rents on the remaining units as well, Mactaggart said.

The development has benefitted from an $11.5 million infill infrastructure grant from the state’s housing department. That grant acknowledges its affordable housing contribution, its proximity to public transit and other services, its readiness to proceed and its density.

The project includes a fitness center and a rooftop terrace as well as two levels of subterranean parking and 171 stalls, a ratio of not quite one parking place for every two units. “It is true workforce housing,” Mactaggart said.

The architect is Christiani Johnson Architects.
Source: http://www.theregistrysf.com/

Here's a picture for reference:

Source: http://www.dbarchitect.com/

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 6:32 AM
Metal Up Your !

Sweet! The tower gets a brother to stand tall with! Awesome, nice to see some more construction in the City on the Bay.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
Sweet! The tower gets a brother to stand tall with! Awesome, nice to see some more construction in the City on the Bay.
Note that this project is the little 7-story one in color nestled amongst the towers. A nice little project and great to see it going up, but not exactly "standing tall".

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 4:19 PM
Only Mostly Dead

If only this was news about ORH2. 333 is a nice little project too though. I don't recall and can't seem to find anything online about timing for the park. Is that to be done by the developer or is that funded and managed separately?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Thanks for the updates Jerry and edwards, and for the history lesson, 1977. Very interesting all the way around.

Eric - That's right, you mentioned that in the Trinity thread. Have you had a chance to examine (in person) the Trinity building that is already built? Maybe in person you'll like it better than the renderings? I'm pretty excited about that whole development myself, but I can see your concern -- especially given they will fill an entire block. Hopefully Trinity and the Tenderloin buildings won't look too dated in a couple of decades. I guess time will tell.
I have only seen the Trinity Building from a great distance, my girlfriend's apartment deck in Bernal Heights, so perhaps I need to see it closer. I am with you, I hope they stand the test of time! Either way, I was alarmed to see the other project with a somewhat similar design in the Tenderloin and was worried about a undesirable trend.

Thanks for the updates 1977!

Anyone see this article in NYT about SF's parklets? http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...ames.html?_r=2

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
333 Harrison is set to begin construction in the next month or so!

Source: http://www.theregistrysf.com/

Here's a picture for reference:

Source: http://www.dbarchitect.com/
I'm not too crazy about how this meets the sidewalk on Harrison.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 4:25 PM

This is very interesting, but sadly it's just a pipe dream.

http://www.archdaily.com/123689/heli...uary-team-cls/

Wouldn't be a bad idea for Treasure Island.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Frangelino View Post
This is very interesting, but sadly it's just a pipe dream.

http://www.archdaily.com/123689/heli...uary-team-cls/

Wouldn't be a bad idea for Treasure Island.
Very interesting indeed, thanks for posting! Yeah, I agree, that would work very nicely for Treasure Island.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 9:13 PM

According to SocketSite, this bland box recently broke ground...

Image Source: www.socketsite.com

Image Source: www.socketsite.com

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 10:36 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

^Where is that?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 10:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint View Post
^Where is that?
701 Golden Gate. Can't you see the seniors walking in front of it?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
701 Golden Gate. Can't you see the seniors walking in front of it?
Haha. Yeah, 701 Golden Gate and Franklin. I guess it's better than a parking lot but I wish we could see a more inspired design.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 4:38 PM
Only Mostly Dead

A couple more details from SocketSite: there will be 100 apartments for low-income seniors and it's supposed to open in 2013. So clearly we're not going to see the most leading-edge design here and I'm glad to see a surface lot bite the dust. But yuck! Maybe this isn't the final design? Hopefully? Please?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 5:16 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

What, you'd rather be dazzled by a sweet rendering and then sharply disappointed when the project hits cost overruns and they dispense with all the nice stuff and build it out like this more honest if craptastic rendering here?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2011, 6:50 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Ha ha! Good point, fflint. Gotta look for the silver lining!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 12:55 AM

I know this is a little out of line but I just saw this and realized something like this has to be built in SF near the transbay redevelopment area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownCharlieBrown View Post

ArchNew.com

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 5:56 PM

^Umm, what do you mean?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 6:03 PM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST500 View Post
I know this is a little out of line but I just saw this and realized something like this has to be built in SF near the transbay redevelopment area.
The transbay area needs some architecturally appealing buildings with height, not this short, hideous Hollywood proposal.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
The transbay area needs some architecturally appealing buildings with height, not this short, hideous Hollywood proposal.
well.....something ideally taller. maybe 40-50 stories and just the tower without the rest of the building. Its bassically based on the Hearst Tower which I conisider to be the most spectabular modern skyscraper. SF really needs something along those lines.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations