HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Apr 18, 2015, 6:24 AM

Gotta agree with their top location for this development....Also interesting is that the Dakota Place tower is in the rendering for the ramp complex...

Fargo consultants favor parking-office-retail complex in north end of downtown
By Tu-Uyen Tran on Apr 17, 2015 at 6:00 a.m. Fargo Forum

FARGO — The best site for a new downtown parking ramp is not the city-owned lot on NP Avenue, the longtime favorite, but the block where Schumacher Goodyear is located, consultants told the Parking Commission on Thursday.

Consultants from Carl Walker Parking of Kalamazoo, Mich., and Helenske Design Group of Fargo examined seven downtown sites.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3724518-...h-end-downtown

Old Posted Apr 18, 2015, 6:44 AM

^^ BigTicket: Where is Kilbourne's proposal supposed to go?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2015, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
^^ BigTicket: Where is Kilbourne's proposal supposed to go?

The Dakota Place is the Kilbourne project, if that's what the confusion was (the big tower in the above rendering).
The plan was in front of the Radisson on the US Bank lot on Broadway, if nothing has changed.
With that said, Kilbourne Group better get their act together and think about erecting that building soon or they are going to run out of possible tenants to all the other ideas floating around downtown...Fargo isn't that big.

Last edited by Tony Almeida; Apr 19, 2015 at 7:38 AM.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2015, 7:57 AM

^^^ Thanks for the info! Don't know much about Fargo.... I've been up there 3-4 times over the years and seems like a nice town!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 3:51 AM

So the Iron Skillet at the Petro Stopping Center (the truck stop) closed and a Popeyes Chicken will replace that.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2015, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2109 View Post
So the Iron Skillet at the Petro Stopping Center (the truck stop) closed and a Popeyes Chicken will replace that.
There's also a couple other restaurants going in along with Popeyes, I'm assuming one will be a 24 hr type place to replace the Iron Skillet or else there are going to be some mad truckers...

Old Posted Apr 29, 2015, 8:00 PM

There Goes my Diet

Quote:
This is the biggest news tohit FM in quite a while. Even though it's not a skyscraper, for those like me who have been craving that spicy chicken and cajun rice, this is huge...(or I'll be Huge).

Old Posted Aug 6, 2015, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Tim Horton's and Charleys Subs will join Popeyes Chicken in the Petro Stopping Center. Their building permit requests went up on Fargo's plan routing page yesterday. Sounds like one more is yet unannounced.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2015, 6:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoTransplant View Post
Tim Horton's and Charleys Subs will join Popeyes Chicken in the Petro Stopping Center. Their building permit requests went up on Fargo's plan routing page yesterday. Sounds like one more is yet unannounced.
Soooo anything good coming in?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 3:53 PM

Kilbourne Group has purchased the Black building in downtown Fargo. Hopefully this means some much needed repairs and renovations are on their way:

Quote:
Doug Burgum’s Kilbourne Group disclosed Friday that it reached a deal to purchase the iconic Black Building on Broadway, a landmark that adds to the firm’s growing list of historic downtown buildings.

The eight-story office tower and retail plaza was acquired from DTL Properties for an undisclosed sum. The Black Building and an adjacent retail building, 110 to 118 Broadway, have an appraised value of $2,457,700, according to records with the Fargo City Assessor’s Office.

“We are honored to assume stewardship of this significant Fargo landmark,” Burgum said in a statement. “We are excited about the future of this incredible structure, and we look forward to receiving input and inspiration from tenants and the community regarding the Black Building’s next chapter.”

Kilbourne Group is also buying the three-level building just south of the Black Building as well as a parking lot at 217 Roberts St.

Lloyd Sampson, who along with Dan Sampson and Todd Nedberg is selling to Kilbourne Group, said in a statement, “Since DTL Properties’ purchase of the Black Building in September 1993, we have been mindful of its place in the history of the city of Fargo. We are appreciative of the many long-tenured tenants who have remained committed to this important downtown property.”

Kilbourne Group said it “will honor all existing leases with current tenants.”

The Black Building is Kilbourne Group’s most recent downtown purchase. In May, Kilbourne acquired a slate of properties once owned by Feder Realty Co., including several locations on Broadway. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but the buildings had an appraised value of $8.8 million.

Kilbourne has acquired many historic downtown properties for renovation, including the Loretta Building, 210 Broadway, which holds its offices.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2015, 2:49 PM

Anyone know whats going to replace Fridays? Just saw the article on inforum saying it closed down and will be replaced by something that people have been requesting for a long time? Maybe a Chick-Fil-a? haha

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 5:33 AM
BANNED

It's really sad how much this thread has died down in the last year. I guess Fargo is overly dependant on the Oil and Gas investment that if it dies down, so does Fargo's growth.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2015, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
It's really sad how much this thread has died down in the last year. I guess Fargo is overly dependant on the Oil and Gas investment that if it dies down, so does Fargo's growth.
I think that is completely untrue. Fargo has grown and thrived well before the oil, which is out west, and will continue to even if it dies down. Fargo really had little to do with the oil. I think the reason this thread has died down is because the major contributor to this thread is no longer around.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2015, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
This thread has died down because a single poster kept it updated constantly. That poster has moved away, so no one else updates this thread the way he did. It has nothing to do with the oil fields. Fargo's economy is one of the most diverse in the U.S. Here's a great article from Fortune Magazine. Worth reading.

http://fortune.com/2015/12/18/fargo-.../?iid=sr-link3

Old Posted Dec 27, 2015, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azstar View Post
This thread has died down because a single poster kept it updated constantly. That poster has moved away, so no one else updates this thread the way he did. It has nothing to do with the oil fields. Fargo's economy is one of the most diverse in the U.S. Here's a great article from Fortune Magazine. Worth reading.

http://fortune.com/2015/12/18/fargo-.../?iid=sr-link3
I appreciate the update and information. I agree

Old Posted Jan 6, 2016, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerz85 View Post
Anyone know whats going to replace Fridays? Just saw the article on inforum saying it closed down and will be replaced by something that people have been requesting for a long time? Maybe a Chick-Fil-a? haha
I wouldn't mind a PF Changs to be honest...no huh uh?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 6:21 AM

Some development news....

Developers pitch big plans for replacing two downtown Fargo parking lots
By Forum News Service on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:39 a.m.

FARGO – Contenders to provide yet another sizable jolt to the recent flurry of development downtown were unveiled Monday, plans that would all add new dimensions to the city's skyline.

Three local developers are vying to win the city's go-ahead to allow them to develop two city-owned lots and possibly some adjacent private lots near the corner of Second Avenue North and Roberts Street just west of Broadway.

Two of the projects would have price tags pushing near $50 million.Roers, Kilbourne Group and Enclave Development submitted to the city last week their proposals to build new parking ramps on the lots, as well as mixed-use buildings including both residential and retail space.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/north-dakot...o-parking-lots

ECTW Proposal....

Kilbourne Proposal...

Roers Proposal...

Old Posted Feb 1, 2016, 8:10 PM

New Skyscraper has got the green light.

Hey everyone. I have been following this forum for a while but I have decided to create an account. Anyways I have some good news; the new skyscraper will officially be built with construction starting this fall. RDO equipment will be the anchor teanet and TMI hospitality will be managing the hotel portion. I'm glad to see this thing taking off. How about the rest of you? Hope to see more skyscrapers in the next 20-30 years. Here is the article:

http://www.inforum.com/business/3937...wn-fargo-tower

Old Posted Feb 2, 2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman4426 View Post
Hey everyone. I have been following this forum for a while but I have decided to create an account. Anyways I have some good news; the new skyscraper will officially be built with construction starting this fall. RDO equipment will be the anchor teanet and TMI hospitality will be managing the hotel portion. I'm glad to see this thing taking off. How about the rest of you? Hope to see more skyscrapers in the next 20-30 years. Here is the article:

http://www.inforum.com/business/3937...wn-fargo-tower
I'm a little disappointed that they scaled this down considerably...it's too bad Kilbourne Group couldn't get their original plan finalized with RDO sticking to their original plan as well, building the Fort Nox tower. I pictured two new towers with one being 350 ft but now it's scaled down to one tower only at 15-16 stories, oh well...with that said I am still excited for this, i hope this is just the beginning of what could be a bright future for downtown Fargo....

Any news on the riverside tower developments in downtown Fargo that was posted on here a while back...actually just one page(144) back? It would be great if these came to fruition as well...downtown Fargo would look pretty amazing.

On a side note, Sioux Falls is not messing around, they have some huge plans for their downtown and it involves a couple towers with one that's a 20+ story hotel/residential tower along with other multi-million dollar projects...

Let's not let Sioux Falls finally beat us vertically...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2016, 4:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
On a side note, Sioux Falls is not messing around, they have some huge plans for their downtown and it involves a couple towers with one that's a 20+ story hotel/residential tower along with other multi-million dollar projects...

Let's not let Sioux Falls finally beat us vertically...

Are you talking about this? In my honest but personal opinion, this has got to be the ugliest piece of architecture I've ever seen, and I would gladly allow Sioux Falls to beat us vertically... to the world's ugliest skyline. We are very fortunate to have companies such as Kilbourne Group that are incredibly thoughtful and tasteful in their design processes.

Yes, I was also hoping to see Block 9 at least be taller than the state capitol (and maybe it will), but I'm sure that they'll at least make it taller than the Radisson, and at least with that we will no longer have to say that the anchor tenant of our tallest building is a hotel.

In addition, there is no doubt that the development of the Block 9 project, as well as the many others taking place now will bring a significant boost to the residential and workforce population downtown, which along with additional parking structures and flood protection measures, is sure to bring increasingly larger developments over time.

I'm perfectly content with things taking their sweet time, as long as we continue to make sound design choices that keep the classy vibe that is second-to-none in downtown Fargo! One colossal, grotesque development could take that away from us.

BTW, I have been following this thread for quite some time and finally decided to register and put in my two cents.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest