HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Dec 7, 2023, 7:12 PM

I’m astounded by all of these New York City projects. Most Americans regard NY as a poor city that everyone is leaving for North Carolina, Florida, and Texas. I would have never expected to see all of this construction. I hoped to visit Chicago for my high school graduation present next year, but I’m starting to want to visit NY. It seems that it’s very different from what I and everyone I know think. I went there a few years ago for a few days to see the Macy’s parade and I didn’t see all of this prosperity.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2023, 8:53 PM

It's been tough for the poor New Yorkers, that's for sure. But maybe, with some hard work and just a little luck, the locals can figure this thing out and get the city back on its feet.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2024, 7:39 PM
"Think about the Future"

Post Foundations Underway For Two-Tower Complex At 570 Washington Street In Manhattan

570 Washington Street. Designed by COOKFOX Architects.

From Dec... this is a great accent project that although not a supertall adds to the skyline silhouette particularly from New Jersey

https://newyorkyimby.com/2023/12/fou...t-village.html
Quote:
At number 25 on our annual construction countdown is 570 Washington Street, a two-tower residential project currently underway along the Hudson River waterfront in Manhattan’s West Village. Designed by COOKFOX Architects with SLCE Architects as the architect of record and developed by Zeckendorf Development, Atlas Capital, and The Baupost Group, the $1.25 billion complex will consist of 29- and 36-story towers rising 400 and 450 feet, respectively, and will yield an undisclosed number of condominium units and commercial space on the lower levels. ACI VI Clarkson LLC is the owner and AECOM Tishman is the general contractor for the project, which occupies a 1.3-acre block bound by Clarkson Street to the north, West Houston Street to the south, Washington Street to the east, and West Street to the west. The developers acquired the property for $340 million in early 2022 and have projected a $1 billion sellout on the homes.

Below-grade work has progressed steadily since our last update in early May, when crews were just beginning to break ground at the site. Recent photos show the entire plot unearthed with the exception of a dirt mound toward the northern end, and the foundation slab has begun formation at the northeast corner. YIMBY expects foundation work to continue throughout the winter followed by the emergence of the superstructure next spring.

Last edited by HyperPower; Feb 2, 2024 at 7:40 PM. Reason: Info

Old Posted Feb 26, 2024, 5:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction