HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 7:17 AM

According to the airport's website, A&W will be opening up where Burger King used to be. Pannizza will be in place of the Chickenburger.

I'll check it out as I have a flight to Toronto in a few hours.

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 3:09 PM

I'm surprised at the amount of dining/retail turnover at the airport recently. Seems like a rather sudden significant shift.

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 10:25 PM

I suspect it is the ongoing jacking of rental rates by HIAA when it comes time to renew leases. They have a very high opinion of the value of their space.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 11:26 AM

AllNS reports that Newleaf is pulling out of Halifax.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWatson View Post
AllNS reports that Newleaf is pulling out of Halifax.
They are for sure. I have flights scheduled for a round trip between Hamilton and Halifax in a couple of weeks. I got an email last week saying my flight back to Hamilton has been cancelled and that they are pulling out of Halifax effectively October 11th. They 'hope to return in spring 2018'

Suck really, it was a great low cost option. My round trip cost around 350 all in.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 7:41 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

I never really found New Leaf to be that appealing. I realize I provide only one example set of constraints and routes I tend to fly on, but for me the savings never made up for the drawbacks. I never found super cheap fares that had a reasonable number of stopovers and schedule, and flying to Hamilton is a pretty big inconvenience for me compared to, say, flying Porter to the Toronto island airport. Same thing goes for Abbotsford instead of YVR.

On top of that I was always leery of them cancelling flights. I don't think this is the first time they've taken bookings and failed to get customers to their destination.

It's too bad, because the industry could use more competition.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 9:28 PM

Why would you fly Flair Airlines (New Leaf) when you could fly Westjet non-stop to Hamilton for the same or better price?

I just searched a flight in December Non-Stop on Westjet Halifax to Hamilton Return for $239 all in.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
Why would you fly Flair Airlines (New Leaf) when you could fly Westjet non-stop to Hamilton for the same or better price?

I just searched a flight in December Non-Stop on Westjet Halifax to Hamilton Return for $239 all in.
That rate certainly wasn't there when i searched and booked my flights. I always check every airline and Newleaf was the cheapest by far during the small window period I was looking to go.

As for Porter, I know Billy Bishop is great when you are going into Toronto especially staying downtown it's great. But coming from just outside the GTA it is a hassle getting there, and long term parking is more than double the price. Hamilton's airport is pretty much the same distance from me, easier to get to, way less traffic, smaller and cheaper. I've also had numerous issues with Porter in the past so try to avoid them unless it is a super great deal. I know that doesn't make them worse than any of the others because experiences with companies like these vary from person to person but i have had bad experiences.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure