HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
So it is now mid May and the Hakim building still has power. The two law offices still have tenants. Rygar got the funding for the brownfield cleanup. Months ago the company said they would start work in May. I guess that means the tenants should be moving out in the next few weeks. Or will they?
Time will tell....But I don't think there has been tenants in the law offices for awhile... Maybe someone on here can give a real confirmation of if they are still in or not.

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserLDN View Post
Time will tell....But I don't think there has been tenants in the law offices for awhile... Maybe someone on here can give a real confirmation of if they are still in or not.
I thought they said they would be starting construction in June? Trying to check back on the many articles.

I am not sure if the law office is relevant off the start, we really do not know if they intend to complete the foundations for both towers and the center base all at once or not? "Phase 1" as they call it does not look to affect the law offices from this document http://www.london.ca/newsroom/Docume...pplication.PDF

Has there been any activity on site recently, since the approval of funds from the city to help clean up?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2017, 1:52 PM

It looked like the inside of the eye glass building was being worked on which hopefully they are to be demolished.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 12:57 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Your eyes can have it all at Hakim optical.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 1:29 PM

I have driven by a few times at night over the past month and there is activity going on inside the Hakim building not exactly sure what is taking so long to knock it down however.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 4:17 PM

Where are we at with this? Any more movement? Thought they were starting in June...

Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 5:40 PM

No marketing, no website, no phone number to call. They just line up to city hall to get millions of $ for soil testing and they are good at knocking down the row housing. Not very impressed with these guys. I wonder if they are really legit or not.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTallNorth2 View Post
No marketing, no website, no phone number to call. They just line up to city hall to get millions of $ for soil testing and they are good at knocking down the row housing. Not very impressed with these guys. I wonder if they are really legit or not.
They're currently going through the site plan approval process with the City - you can't build anything if you don't have approved plans.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 9:22 PM

They could proceed with demolition permits at any time. The site plan approval doesn't depend on that.

The Hakim building could have been taken down last summer with the Camden Terrace row houses.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 2:13 PM

This article also talks about demolition with Rygars property on Fullarton St. which will start next month and may take up to 5 months to clean the site.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/07/10/ry...anshawe-campus

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 4:14 PM

The first evidence that something is finally happening this morning.

A Hakim van and Hertz rental truck parked at the Hakim building moving fixtures out.

Could this finally be the first step to empty out the building for the demolition to proceed?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 5:56 PM

Quote:
The first evidence that something is finally happening this morning.

A Hakim van and Hertz rental truck parked at the Hakim building moving fixtures out.

Could this finally be the first step to empty out the building for the demolition to proceed?
Interesting I wonder if that was part of the hold up, being that Hakim still had owned product in the building there may have been more behind the scenes stuff going on.

That is some positive news however, really want to see digging for a foundation before I actually get excited however.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2017, 10:35 PM

So now Rygar is saying October based on this article.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/07/27/pr...on-fuels-fears

So when Nov comes and still zero progress on Talbot street?

A number of months ago it was supposed to start July.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2017, 1:32 PM

Building permit in 2 months they say

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/07/31/do...ghrise-project

Old Posted Aug 1, 2017, 5:18 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
So now Rygar is saying October based on this article.

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/07/27/pr...on-fuels-fears

So when Nov comes and still zero progress on Talbot street?

A number of months ago it was supposed to start July.
sounds a lot like the M.O. of Timothy Best and his Cayman Ice Palace.
Bullshit artist extraordinaire.

Tim has a bridge he wants to sell to you:

lfp

http://www.hardsetsports.com/default.html

does not look promising: http://caymanicepalace.com/

Snake oil salesman by any other name

Last edited by MolsonExport; Aug 1, 2017 at 5:29 PM.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 4:16 PM

Well it is now Oct and other then some weed cutting on the pile of bricks where Camden Terrace stood there doesn't appear to be any other activity.

The Law offices still appear to be in business and Hakim optical is still sitting vacant.

Why is there a delay?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 10:52 PM

Well Oct is basically in the books and Rygar has done nothing to advance their proposed project.

I don't think this will ever happen as they stated last spring in Oct.

Given their track record the city would be best to not approve any demolition request for their proposal on Dundas St.

Quote:
Well it is now Oct and other then some weed cutting on the pile of bricks where Camden Terrace stood there doesn't appear to be any other activity.

The Law offices still appear to be in business and Hakim optical is still sitting vacant.

Why is there a delay?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Well Oct is basically in the books and Rygar has done nothing to advance their proposed project.

I don't think this will ever happen as they stated last spring in Oct.

Given their track record the city would be best to not approve any demolition request for their proposal on Dundas St.
I'm so glad we lost that colourful Camden Terrace for a project that was probably bull from the start and instead get another downtown surface parking lot.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliverfox View Post
I'm so glad we lost that colourful Camden Terrace for a project that was probably bull from the start and instead get another downtown surface parking lot.
I should mention that I talked to one of Trigars agents selling the Azure last year about weather or not Rygar was going to build on the site. They told me it was unlikely due to the nature of Rygar being similar to landholding corp like Farhi and just like Farhi doesn't normally develop it's land. What Rygar most likely wants to do is find a developer who wants to buy there land for top dollar and build something there. If Rygar is really motivated they might actually build what they say they want to, so there might be hope of it getting built. Keep in mind this is speculation by the agent.

Last edited by Oliverfox; Oct 31, 2017 at 2:28 AM.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 3:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Rygar is basically full of shit. They do not merit the attention they get from the LFP, city council, or this website.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates