HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 6:58 PM

Their sign also said they where open for 8 plus years.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 11:00 AM

Huh I didn't think it was open that long. Time flies I guess.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 11:59 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/24/t...n-ontario.html

Found this on Twitter, nice shout out from New York Times

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 6:54 PM

Mother's Pizza Parlour and Spaghetti House

To our valued Hamilton guests:
It is with deep regret and a heavy heart that Mother’s Pizza Parlour and Spaghetti house has made the decision to permanently close the location at 701 Queenston Road, Hamilton, effective Tuesday September 19th, 2017
We sincerely appreciate the support that you have shown us over the past few years.
In the meantime, please feel free to visit one of our other three locations in Brantford, Kitchener and Waterloo. Any gift cards, gift certificate or coupon offers will be honored at all these locations.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us through email at info@mothersrestaurants.com
Regards,
Mother’s Management

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 8:44 PM

^ Not surprising at all. I'm not sure I've actually ever seen any cars in their parking lot.

In fact, I've seen the same thing for Boston Pizza two doors down. Always empty.

The location can't be the problem because right next door is Swiss Chalet which is always busy.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 2:05 PM

I went to Mother's when it opened, liked the pizza and never went back, mainly because I live by St. Joe's and didn't feel like trucking all the way out there. Also the interior seemed to modern and light. I would have preferred closer to the old Mother's style for the nostalgia.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 3:49 PM

Some Indian place called Nukkad is opening where Affinity. There's also now a giant parrot painted on the side of the building.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 12:24 AM
Species: Homo Hamiltonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
I went to Mother's when it opened, liked the pizza and never went back, mainly because I live by St. Joe's and didn't feel like trucking all the way out there. Also the interior seemed to modern and light. I would have preferred closer to the old Mother's style for the nostalgia.
I went when it opened too, then haven't had the occasion to do so again, and it's far away for me also. The food was good (I had lasagna but tried the pizza as well since my family had ordered a bunch of things, and both were fine) and the interior was nice.

I'm a bit disappointed they couldn't make it work, but the restaurant biz is tough. Playing on nostalgia can be fun but I think it's really hard to match what people think they actually remember. Hamilton's food scene has evolved by leaps and bounds, and that stretch of Queenston is hard for anything that isn't a QSR, so I think they were in tough. Still, some Italian/pizza restaurants have survived for decades in this town (Capri, Bronzie's, etc.) so there's a formula that does work. I wonder if things would have been better had they'd tried Westdale first instead.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 8:17 PM

I walked by the old Baltimore House location and today it looked like construction is underway now.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 5:16 PM

I suspect this is for the former Baltimore House. Posted on Instagram

thefrenchhamont We have some exciting news coming up, and you have the opportunity to be a part of it in a special way! This Tuesday October 10th we are holding a job fair for our new, highly anticipated restaurant opening shortly on King William. This job fair is specifically looking for additional cooks and dishwashers, and will be held from 11AM to 12PM, as well as from 3PM to 4PM at the Aberdeen Tavern. If you cannot make either of these two time slots, please do not hesitate to contact us regardless, and we will work with you in order to set something up.

We are really excited about the newest addition to our family of restaurants. We believe that this space will create an atmosphere to contribute to Hamilton’s blossoming growth and narrative. We would love nothing more than to have you help shape this story alongside us. For more information and registration, please contact Matt Beasley (matt@equalparts.ca)anytime before October 10th. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend and we can't wait to hear from you!🍁#hamont #jobfair #jobs #hiring #cooks #dishwashers #comingsoon #hamontjobs #hr #opportunity #equalparts

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 8:06 PM

CIMA Enoteca is finally open on Locke

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation