HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
Explain to me how continued development in your "now gentrified" area from densification and urbanization somehow destroys your home value? Very few builders/developers are interested in the SFH that you've purchased, nor is that were the value lies. The $$ is in the land, and as development continues and the area continues to add value, your land/home value will also continue to rise accordingly. Having a mixed-use multi-story on the corner a block away from your SFH not only doesn't hurt your investment, it often adds to it by bringing walkability, retail options, and additional character to the neighborhood.
The word your looking for is empathy.
A less judgemental discussion of how some folks might dare to want to keep the neigborhood they bought in. They are allowed.

FYI: I live in a very dense area... highrise, etc..... but I would still fight to make sure development out my window benefited my building and my value.
Any homeowner is a NYMBY at some point.
You have to be.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin