HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilljemalm View Post
I'm with you. It just doesn't fit in to that part of Park City. It looks more like something you'd find in the forest outside Stockholm rather than in Park City.
It does look totally Scandinavian. Who designed it?

UPDATE: Answered my own question, it's a Danish architect, Bjarke Ingels.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 1:42 PM

Clever is an excellent word for this Orlando. I do think this is one of those projects we must be patient with as far as final judgement. Let's see how it progresses over the next year. I'm going to side with those that think it's going to be a positive addition to the Park City scene.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 4:44 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

I noticed as I was driving up state street earlier this week that a lot of stuff on the west side of the street. A little south of 2100 had been demolished... Looked like there was more in preparation for demolition.

Is somthing finally happening with this area??

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 6:15 PM

The only thing happening on the properties are demolitions at this time. South Salt Lake City owns the vast majority of the properties and are demolishing the vacant structures to make it easier for a developer to come in and start on a new project.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 7:28 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
The only thing happening on the properties are demolitions at this time. South Salt Lake City owns the vast majority of the properties and are demolishing the vacant structures to make it easier for a developer to come in and start on a new project.
Is market station still a go for that area or is it dead? If its dead is the city hoping for a new developer to come in since the city is clearing out the site?
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 7:30 PM

I think some of the demolition might be for the Sugarhouse Streetcar line.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 9:22 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I think you are correct. If I'm not mistaken from the last drawings I saw the line is shifting a bit from where the old tracks sit, so the demolition is necessary to accomodate that. Has something to do with platform configuration I think.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 1:10 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Updated photos of the Adobe Campus from today. The building is topped out and glass is starting to go up on the first floor.
Link to pictures
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 1:38 AM

The renderings we had were pretty vague. That looks like it's going to be a very cool structure.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 10:18 PM

I think this is going to be a very cool project in terms of architecture. It's too bad this wasn't done in downtown SLC.

Btw, will someone please take some pics of the data center over at camp williams? The renderings showed this to also be a pretty cool looking building.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post

I think this is going to be a very cool project in terms of architecture. It's too bad this wasn't done in downtown SLC.

Btw, will someone please take some pics of the data center over at camp williams? The renderings showed this to also be a pretty cool looking building.
Agreed, this will be a cool looking building and will catch your eye from the freeway. I do wish that Adobe built in a city center/down town. I know that Adobe was originally considering doing one large building in down town Provo about 11-13 floors but did this instead due to the cost of land. Oh well, this is still a cool building.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 4:50 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

What happens to Jordan commons?

I haven't been there in a while. It seems like its loosing it's flair. They Myan is closed... Looks like its being converted in to another IMAX screen or something. The Italian places is  also closed down now. They no longer have the huge game area.. It's now some grove Satalite VIP room. There is less of a verity in concessions. It seems like most of the concession areas just have the same stuff now.. There use to be an icecream shop and everything...  

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 4:52 PM

I would really like to see an IMAX downtown that plays hollywood films. Perhaps a new Clark Planetarium could be built across the street, and the IMAX there could be incorporated into the Megaplex.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post

I would really like to see an IMAX downtown that plays hollywood films. Perhaps a new Clark Planetarium could be built across the street, and the IMAX there could be incorporated into the Megaplex.
Megaplex sometimes uses the IMAX theater at the Planetarium. I saw Mission Impossible 4 there in 3D.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 5:21 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
Megaplex sometimes uses the IMAX theater at the Planetarium. I saw Mission Impossible 4 there in 3D.

Yeah iv seen 3 or 4 IMAX movies there.. Megaplex probably uses it more then the planetarium

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 5:25 PM

Is there now an inside connection between the megaplex and the planetarium? They really should connect the two if they haven't already.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2012, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Is there now an inside connection between the megaplex and the planetarium? They really should connect the two if they haven't already.
Yes, it looks like an emergency exit door--at the end of the north-south hallway on the east side of the building.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:06 AM

Quote:

Inner film geek warning:

I'd like to see an IMAX screen in Utah that actually plays IMAX. Y'see, digital IMAX is not really IMAX, since IMAX is a film size format. What you see on digital LIEMAX is larger than the average film projection, but smaller than actual film IMAX.

Any theater that is not Jordan Commons, Thanksgiving Pointe, or Clark Planetarium that claims to have an IMAX screen really just moved the screen closer to the seats.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 3:30 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

I wish the Century 16 on state street would add an IMAX. They have a lot of property.. And I would love to have a noon LHM IMAX

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Has here been any word of what will become of the old fashion place mall sears location once the close??

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West