HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 1, 2009, 6:40 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroFanatic View Post

We tried to complain against the cop, but you know how it is... a united brotherhood. Sorry if any of you are cops/affiliated with cops, but... I don't like cops. In ever situation I've been with a cop, they're always so callous, even when I'm not doing anything wrong.

I understand where your coming from. I'm also not a big fan of cops. Once I was driving down 11400 near where the district is now. There was a car with two girls ( in their 20's ) driving below the speed limit. I was right behind them and I then started to drive pass them. But as I did they started to speed up so that way I wasn't get in front of them ( The road is a one lane both ways ) I had to get back over since I was on the wrong lane. They then let me pass, but not without her flipping me off. Anyways I guess they call the police on me and got my plates. Later the police track me down and wrote me up a ticket for wreak less driving. It was bullshit and I was pissed. The stupid bitch made up a story and I got stock with a ticket, plus I had then on my Inc. for the next three year. Believe me when I say you do not want to have a wreak less driving on your auto inc. With that I went from paying about $150.00 per month to over $300.00 per month. for the next few years.
Stupid horny cops only believe her since she's a girl with boobs.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I just wanted to let MetroFanatic know that he's wasn't the only one who got screwed by cops.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 1, 2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

I understand where your coming from. I'm also not a big fan of cops. Once I was driving down 11400 near where the district is now. There was a car with two girls ( in their 20's ) driving below the speed limit. I was right behind them and I then started to drive pass them. But as I did they started to speed up so that way I wasn't get in front of them ( The road is a one lane both ways ) I had to get back over since I was on the wrong lane. They then let me pass, but not without her flipping me off. Anyways I guess they call the police on me and got my plates. Later the police track me down and wrote me up a ticket for wreak less driving. It was bullshit and I was pissed. The stupid bitch made up a story and I got stock with a ticket, plus I had then on my Inc. for the next three year. Believe me when I say you do not want to have a wreak less driving on your auto inc. With that I went from paying about $150.00 per month to over $300.00 per month. for the next few years.
Stupid horny cops only believe her since she's a girl with boobs.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I just wanted to let MetroFanatic know that he's wasn't the only one who got screwed by cops.
Yeah, then there are all the horor stories you hear about - like the Russian man who was killed at Vancouver Airport. He flew in and had something wrong with is visa. Not knowing hardly a word of English, he struggled to get the problem resolved. He waited for 13 hours at the airport before finally loosing it. He started freaking out and began to go into a rampage. 5 or 6 cops takled him, hand cuffed him, and started to beat him. Well after they had maintained complete control over him (I mean, you'd think 2 cops would get the job done) they tazzed him. After that, he really started to freak out, so, logically (logic as far as cops on a power trip go), they tazzed him again. He became unconcious and died when his heart stopped hours later. The saddest part was that he had flown in from Russia to visit his elderly mother who he hadn't seen for 5 years or so.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 6:47 AM

I have to agree most cops are arrogant pompous jerkoffs.. that being said ther are also good cops that actually do their jobs lawfully with honor. Most of your old timer cops are professonal and reasonable. Seems to me most younger cops could give a shit less about humanity and reason.
The whole tasering thing, I am very against. Alot of people are killed by "non lethal" tasers. Alot of people didnt deserve to be tasered in the first place. The country's police force is turning into a military more and more every year. I really feel sick thinking about how it's gonna be in the future. I relize police go through alot of serious things, but the way things are going the police will be telling us when to be home and how to live.

sorry for the rant just my 2 cents.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 12:41 AM

53 and 1-15

I found this on the news letter I get from work. there is an image on a pdf file of the building but I cant copy it. It is not like the building that sits there now. and it seems to be right to the east of the current building
I think it looks really good
Quote:
The foundation is being poured at SelectHealth’s new building
at 5383 South Green Street (450 West) in Murray. The new six-story, 147,000-square foot building is scheduled
for completion by the spring of 2010. “Located right off Interstate I-15, the new facility will provide easy access for employees and offer great visibility in the community,” says Todd Trettin, SelectHeatlh’s chief financial officer. “This building project
is part of a long-term space planning decision
made by Intermountain. After Select-Health moves into the new facility, Intermountain employees will relocate to fill the Lake Park campus.” If you have questions about the project, contact Anna Morshedi at 442-7948 or anna.morshedi@selecthealth.org

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 12:44 AM

Update on Riverton Hospital!

This is from the same file I got today
Quote:
You can walk though Riverton Hospital today by clicking on the camera — or by entering mms://media.co.ihc.com/ucrstories/Rivertontourfeb09.wmv from a computer at work. A two-minute tour, hosted by administrator Blair Kent, shows how construction is going throughout the hospital. Some highlights of the areas you’ll walk through:
• The emergency department has 16 treatment rooms including an isolation room and four observation rooms with private restrooms that will allow us to keep patients with their family members who may need to be treated or observed over a longer period of time. A pharmacy kiosk in the ER’s lobby will allow patients to pick up their discharge meds without having to make an extra stop at their neighborhood pharmacy on their way home. The ER will treat an estimated 20,000 to 25,000 patients a year.
• Surgery will include six full-sized ORs, all around 600 square feet, that will offer state-of-the-art care for orthopedic, plastic, and general surgery— just about every kind except heart surgery. The OR also features
a state-of-the-art air flow system to maintain sterile fields during surgery.
• The women’s center has nine labor and delivery rooms and two c-section rooms, which are large and comfortable and designed to support the needs of the families who’ll be served there. Riverton will host around 2,000 births a year.
Riverton Hospital will open this November with 48 beds with room to grow up to 88; it will employ an estimated 400 employees. In addition to the hospital services, the 63-acre campus also will host offices for the Intermountain Medical Group and a Primary Children’s outpatient facility. If you have problems seeing the video, contact Jeff Allred at 314-4029 or jeff.allred@imail.org.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 7:14 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapernerd View Post
I found this on the news letter I get from work. there is an image on a pdf file of the building but I cant copy it. It is not like the building that sits there now. and it seems to be right to the east of the current building
I think it looks really good

Awesome!!! I notice this a few months ago, but later thought that it was just going to be a parking lot. This is great news. I hope this new building will look different then the other building next to it.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 7:27 AM

Just an idea...

I know I'm going to be shot down like a kite in a lightning storm, but I was thinking that maybe Sandy could try some underground roads to help with future congestion

I remember in Chicago, they have 3-level roads and even freeways that go underground. Not that Sandy could ever be anything like Chicago - it's just the concept I was pondering about. Maybe they could put I-15 under ground from 90th - 106th South and put some surface streets and buildings over it. They could even toss in some underground through streets in down town to help ease congestion. I know that the project in Lehi is going to have most of its roads underground - maybe the Proscemium could try something similar

Just a thought.

PS: Before I get any bitter opposition, just remember that this is what urban planners do - through out ideas onto the table and brainstorm solutions to problems. Then, the ideas that stand up to the basic law of cost vs utility and get funding and support make it onto the drawing boards.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 4:03 PM

^^^ The big problem with that right now is that there is not even a fraction of enough tax base to cover a project like that... even downtown SLC probably couldn't afford to do something like that.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTower View Post
^^^ The big problem with that right now is that there is not even a fraction of enough tax base to cover a project like that... even downtown SLC probably couldn't afford to do something like that.
Well, the underground road idea isn't just for this project, but to help alleviate future congestion in general. Sandy doesn't really have traffic issues yet, so it wouldn't make sense. But a couple decades down the road, maybe it will be a good idea

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 9:15 PM
BANNED

Sandy definitely has a problem with pedestrian accessibility. Sandy is just not a safe place for a pedestrian. Shouldn't people come before machines? I feel like I'm on Battlestar Galactica and cars are cylons (machines created by the humans that rebelled and are now trying to take over, even if it means extermination). It's like they're spreading us out thin, so they can divide and conquer.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
Sandy definitely has a problem with pedestrian accessibility. Sandy is just not a safe place for a pedestrian. Shouldn't people come before machines? I feel like I'm on Battlestar Galactica and cars are cylons (machines created by the humans that rebelled and are now trying to take over, even if it means extermination). It's like they're spreading us out thin, so they can divide and conquer.
Wow! You sure have quite the imagination there Urbanboy!!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 8:20 AM
The World Is Welcome Here

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_logic View Post
Wow! You sure have quite the imagination there Urbanboy!!
NO IT'S NOT HIS IMAGINATION IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! AAARRGH!

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 1:50 AM

New hospitals opening doors along Wasatch Front

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705281252,00.html

Wasatch Front residents have expanded hospital services available to them as of this weekend with the opening of two multimillion-dollar expansion projects at hospitals in West Jordan and Orem.

The $52 million expansion to the Jordan Valley Medical Center adds 97,000 square feet to the hospital, nearly doubling its floor space. The completion was celebrated Thursday.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
New hospitals opening doors along Wasatch Front

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705281252,00.html

Wasatch Front residents have expanded hospital services available to them as of this weekend with the opening of two multimillion-dollar expansion projects at hospitals in West Jordan and Orem.

The $52 million expansion to the Jordan Valley Medical Center adds 97,000 square feet to the hospital, nearly doubling its floor space. The completion was celebrated Thursday.
I drive by there all the time! It's sure a nice-looking hospital I like the whole desert vibe

Old Posted Feb 6, 2009, 7:00 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post

[/B]

My mom had to stay at the Hospital back in Dec. But it was just about a month before this new expansion opened. The Doctors their all call it the "Tower" When I heard then call this new building as the "Tower" I had to keep my mouth shut. LOL. Come on guys it only 3-stories.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2009, 12:39 PM

S.L. County buying Jordan River land

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705284281,00.html

...In a land-swap deal with Wasatch Homes, currently developing a residential project in Bluffdale, the county acquired 65 park-like acres on the Jordan River near the project for $3.75 million and, in a bonus brokered by the developer, will also acquire property that could close the final link in a "Lake-to-Lake" trail system connecting Utah Lake with the Great Salt Lake...

Last edited by delts145; Feb 11, 2009 at 2:00 PM.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2009, 12:52 PM

Economist optimistic about Utah

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705284210,00.html

...the point is that at some point in 2011 or 2012, we're going to be back to that pent-up demand shooting out the other side of the strong economic growth and housing activity and so on," ...

...Despite the downturn, Utah is swamped with companies considering expansions or relocations, Perry said.

"In terms of business recruitment, which is part of our office, we have never been busier," Perry told the committee, adding that 120 companies are interested in relocating operations to Utah or expanding their existing activities in the state. "That's a big deal, considering what you might expect from what's happening in our economy." ...

Old Posted Feb 11, 2009, 1:33 PM

Treasure sides prepare for meeting
The Sweeneys are confident in their plans, but neighbors are mobilizing

http://www.parkrecord.com/city/ci_11673104

The Sweeney family and the critics of the family's idea to build the Treasure development on the slopes of Park City Mountain Resort are preparing their cases for what is expected to be a packed, rollicking meeting on Wednesday.

The critics have been especially aggressive as they mobilized for the meeting, sending out e-mail messages about the project and buying newspaper advertisements criticizing the development.

The Sweeneys, meanwhile, are confident as they prepare for the start of what is scheduled to be a series of crucial meetings with the Park City Planning Commission this spring...

Old Posted Feb 11, 2009, 6:17 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Wow, 120 companies! I had no idea there's that many companies that want to move here to utah. That's great news. hope some of those will go downtown move downtown somewhere and maybe even get a new highrise office tower out of it.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 6:47 PM

In-N-Out Burger Coming to Draper!!

KUTV -- Burger fans in Northern Utah have reason to celebrate.

Draper City announced today that the owners of In-N-Out Burger have submitted plans to build a restaurant at the Draper Peaks Shopping Center, located at 12195 S. Factor Outlet Dr.

Draper Mayor Darrell H. Smith said, "We are very pleased to be the first location in northern Utah. Our residents expressed in a survey that this was one of the restaurants they would like to see in Draper."

Draper officials said their city's Economic Development Department has been working with the owners of In-N-Out since last year to bring the popular burger joint to the city.

The proposed restaurant will be over 3,200 square feet, and will feature a drive through and quick-serve restaurant. The owners anticipate hiring between 50 and 60 employees.

No word yet on when the restaurant will open.

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/loc...SQN1qjFug.cspx

Last edited by ski_steve; Feb 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West