HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 7:20 PM

Eviva

The UPs and DOWNs of this Eviva project are giving me grey hair!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
This is possible.

This is not. It's doubtful that a hideous permanent chain fence on Peachtree could gain approval.

The fencing has signs calling it "temporary". As of 1 pm, it was extending the entire lot on the Peachtree and 6th Street sides. Staging for 7th doesn't make sense as the owners are now different, and I highly doubt muddy construction vehicles would be permitting to run up and down Peachtree (violating erosion protection laws).

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 7:57 PM

Probably just re-painting the lot.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Probably just re-painting the lot.
It's not THAT temporary....they would just put up some barrels and barricade tape if they were re-paving or re-painting. That fence will be there for some time...so whatever is going on is fairly significant. My two cents....

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 10:22 PM

I'm still not convinced it's finally happening, but it sure is fun to imagine. Last we saw, I think renderings and proposal included 22,000 sq.ft. of retail, including a grocery. If only they were bringing something like a Mariano's down south.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
The fencing has signs calling it "temporary". As of 1 pm, it was extending the entire lot on the Peachtree and 6th Street sides. Staging for 7th doesn't make sense as the owners are now different, and I highly doubt muddy construction vehicles would be permitting to run up and down Peachtree (violating erosion protection laws).
I just said it was possible. Construction vehicles would likely remain on the site under the construction. But they could absolutely use the site in a similar fashion as the 12th and Midtown team has used 1125 Peachtree for several of their projects.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I just said it was possible. Construction vehicles would likely remain on the site under the construction. But they could absolutely use the site in a similar fashion as the 12th and Midtown team has used 1125 Peachtree for several of their projects.
Isn't that because Selig owns that lot? I don't think the Hanover and Eviva lots have the same owners.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 11:16 PM

811 Peachtree by jwbab, on Flickr

The fencing at 811 Peachtree Street (EVIVA) covers only the area above in red, with an open gate marked in orange. They just freshly repainted the parking spaces and the lot looks cleaner than usual. As someone else suggested, It looks like they are simply trying to prevent people from driving over the ledge along Peachtree Street or obstructing the sidewalk on 6th Street, both of which are common occurrences.

Technically, Midtown's zoning prohibits the installation of chain link fencing in sight of any public right of way. So, unless this is construction related, they shouldn't have put up the fence. This is why I suggested earlier that it may be related to construction parking/staging for either the Hanover Midtown or Juniper @ 5th project, which are both nearby.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Isn't that because Selig owns that lot? I don't think the Hanover and Eviva lots have the same owners.
Rohrig just sold the Eviva lot to the Integral group. I think he retained rights to the retail portion of the tower when it is completed.

The Hanover Midtown lot was owned jointly by Loudermilk and Rohrig. Not sure if Rohrig is still involved with it, though.

Loudermilk and Rohrig have jointly owned and developed several other parcels in Midtown and Buckhead. I don't know if they are still working together. Rohrig had some bankruptcy issues and there was a legal dispute between them as to the ownership of the parking lot where the Hanover Buckhead Theater is now being built.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 11:41 PM
BANNED

Hanover Buckhead - New Rendering

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 12:04 AM

EDIT: Ignore, confused Hanover Buckhead with Hanover Midtown

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 1:47 AM

For 880 West Peachtree Staging, Maybe ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
811 Peachtree by jwbab, on Flickr

The fencing at 811 Peachtree Street (EVIVA) covers only the area above in red, with an open gate marked in orange. They just freshly repainted the parking spaces and the lot looks cleaner than usual. As someone else suggested, It looks like they are simply trying to prevent people from driving over the ledge along Peachtree Street or obstructing the sidewalk on 6th Street, both of which are common occurrences.

Technically, Midtown's zoning prohibits the installation of chain link fencing in sight of any public right of way. So, unless this is construction related, they shouldn't have put up the fence. This is why I suggested earlier that it may be related to construction parking/staging for either the Hanover Midtown or Juniper @ 5th project, which are both nearby.
========

Drew Eckl Farham law firm is supposedly vacating 880 West Peachtree at 7th to 8th within the next 2-3 weeks. So, maybe Trammel Crow Residential will use this somewhat nearby lot for staging/excess equipment parking. Thoughts, anyone?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
========

Drew Eckl Farham law firm is supposedly vacating 880 West Peachtree at 7th to 8th within the next 2-3 weeks. So, maybe Trammel Crow Residential will use this somewhat nearby lot for staging/excess equipment parking. Thoughts, anyone?
That's a 1-2 year commitment. That would be a strange arrangement unless the owner of the land has no plans to develop it. If that's the case I'd assume Eviva is no longer a possibility.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
That's a 1-2 year commitment. That would be a strange arrangement unless the owner of the land has no plans to develop it. If that's the case I'd assume Eviva is no longer a possibility.
Site shows retail available early 2018....
http://cartelproperties.com/portfolio/811-peachtree/

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 6:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post

Hanover's went up on 7th....this is the 6th St lot (next to QT and 805 Peachtree).
All I see is crack. Lol!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 11:13 AM

RE Hanover Buckhead: I don't see anything new in that rendering.

RE Eviva: I am done speculating about this project until something is officially confirmed. This development has had as much drama as a reality show.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
RE Eviva: I am done speculating about this project until something is officially confirmed. This development has had as much drama as a reality show.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 2:50 PM

Curbed Article

Curbed has gotten wind of the Eviva "chatter", but the article does not really add anything new to the conversation at this point.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2016/11/4/...ee-street-site

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 2:57 PM

HURT BUILDING SOLD

I have seen the starbucks buildout, but seeing the 80's renovations fall to the original marble will be an added treat. $34 million more dollars invested in Five Points.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...or-almost.html

Last edited by DWNTWN; Nov 4, 2016 at 2:58 PM. Reason: Headline for clarity

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Curbed has gotten wind of the Eviva "chatter", but the article does not really add anything new to the conversation at this point.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2016/11/4/...ee-street-site
Yeah, someone at Curbed lurks on this forum. Often, there are articles on that site shortly after something is discussed here.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations