HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 4:33 AM

I am Hispanic and I have been living in the great state of AZ for 4 years.
It is a great state full of opportunities, I have never feel discriminated here
People have been nice to me, I support the law 1000000%.
I can understand why people are tired of illegal immigration. People that are legal have nothing to worry about.
People are giving false information about this law. Police will not be asking for papers just because you look Hispanic. Even if they do I will be more than happy to show them.
I used to love going to California, but after what they are doing, I am planning to spend my money here in the state. We have so many nice resorts and to do.
It is time we do something about illegal immigration. I can understand the people want to come here and most people are hard working people and good people. But we can’t have everyone here.
Time to close the doors, not all Hispanics are against the law.

This is not Hispanic vs the rest. We are with you on this AZ

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix22 View Post

This is not Hispanic vs the rest. We are with you on this AZ
How do you feel about the banning of ethnic studies bill? I honestly didn't even know they had special classes for people of certain races or ethnic backgrounds with "curricula" geared towards them in a separatist manner. Man, if that practice wasn't divisive, I don't know what is.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDweller View Post
How do you feel about the banning of ethnic studies bill? I honestly didn't even know they had special classes for people of certain races or ethnic backgrounds with "curricula" geared towards them in a separatist manner. Man, if that practice wasn't divisive, I don't know what is.
i tell you what really pissed me off lately. i applied for a job at anadarko here in houston and one their "profiling" questions by those masters of fairness in HR was basically "are you latino or hispanic?" what the fuck? so if i'm latino or hispanic, im in like flynnt? what the fuck business is it of yours? i mean the racial question is racist in my opinion but to drill down even more to just, hey are you this? just this? cuz we need this. fuck that. fuck anadarko and all the companies led by super rich white assholes that bow down to liberal bullshit agendas. hey, i know its the law but fuck the law...if we all start ignoring the law, well we become the law...

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 3:57 PM
BANNED

You dont have to answer the race question.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
You dont have to answer the race question.
And they also don't have to hire him.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 4:15 PM
BANNED

No but if they do any sort of hiring based on race they are very much in trouble.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 4:20 PM

They weren't gonna hire his white ass anyways so what does it matter? Just say you are mexican. Not like they are gonna do a DNA sample. I always check that I am.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
No but if they do any sort of hiring based on race they are very much in trouble.
ORLY? Affirmative Action ring a bell?

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 6:20 PM
BANNED

What? You mean employers can legally discriminate? I always assumed the same laws as fair housing applied.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
So Leo,

Most americans... meaning the ONLY (((994))) people that where polled speak for the 310 million americans??? now thats a joke. go to other polls that show the same thing where it says most americans believe in the poll. when in actually only 100-1,000 people where asked...

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 9:47 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
No. They don't "have to come illegally". They can do it the legal way like most of our immigrants do.
This is so mind boggingly ignorant and silly its insane.

Lets go over the situation and see what you would do:

You live in a shitty town, in a shitty country. You have a family and kids, but no education or skills beyond basic labor. Unfortunately thousands if not millions of people in your area are in the same situation and thus the job market is flooded. However a few hundred miles the North is a country where they need more low skill workers who will work for what you will. Your family and kids need the money, however there's some laws that prevent you from becoming a citizen and there's no simple system to get a Workers permit.

Do you A. obey the law of the other country and let your family go hungry? Or B. break the law? Obviously anyone who's not an idiot would choose B.

Quote:
This is a hypocritical statement. Everybody, yourself included, hates it when people make ignorant stereotype generalizations, yet here you are doing it against our highly trained law enforcement officers and agents, who must go through a stringent application process of background, polygraph, psych test, PPT, financial checks, education requirements (for higher ups)...etc
Again, I've worked with these people, have you? When you hear dozens of them using racist words and generally speaking with the intelligence level befitting of a GED holder it doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence. Do you not follow the news at all? Do you not see how Arpaio and his cronies stomp on Civil Liberties all the time to get what they want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDweller View Post
WRONG.
Well thanks for this completely worthless, non thought of a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnjamin View Post
I am honestly amazed that more people care about the rights of Mexicans than of homosexuals.
What does this even mean? I (and I assume most people) care about human rights and don't care the color, gender or sexual orientation of the person.

Leo, you sure are obsessed with polls and people voting on things. Ever heard the phrase "democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on whats for dinner"? Just because a law is passed and the majority likes it doesn't make it constitutional or moral. The Founders knew this and tried to put in protections so that people wouldn't vote away their constitutional rights in a hysteria.

But hey, in 1933 over 17 million Germans voted for Hitler- how could they be wrong!? They had enough votes to get him elected, and once something is agreed on by the majority it must be the right and moral solution.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 9:52 PM

^It means that this country has gone ape shit crazy with boycotts and national news stories demonizing Arizona for infringing upon the rights of people who aren't even citizens of this country. Meanwhile, no one gives a fuck when a state takes away the constitutional rights of LEGAL CITIZENS to marry, own property, have children, or even leave a will when that citizen is a homosexual.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 9:53 PM
The Man

Quote:
^It means that this country has gone ape shit crazy with boycotts and national news stories demonizing Arizona for infringing upon the rights of people who aren't even citizens of this country. Meanwhile, no one gives a fuck when a state takes away the constitutional rights of LEGAL CITIZENS to marry, own property, have children, or even leave a will when that citizen is a homosexual.
I don't think most people are particularly concerned about taking away the rights of illegal immigrants, that's a red herring. People are concerned that the rights of citizens and legal immigrants are going to be trampled on in a witch hunt looking for illegal imigrants.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 9:59 PM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadswor View Post
I don't think most people are particularly concerned about taking away the rights of illegal immigrants, that's a red herring. People are concerned that the rights of citizens and legal immigrants are going to be trampled on in a witch hunt looking for illegal imigrants.
You take your logic, reason and well-thought-out responses and go suck a horse!

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 10:11 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
I just don't understand what in the hell it has to do with this thread.

If we have a thread about taxes being too high would you yell "WHAT ABOUT GAY RIGHTS!?? HRRRRR"

No one in this thread was talking about gays until you brought it up, Im sure many people are like me and want gays and Mexicans and everyone to have human rights. But derailing the thread wasn't really necessary.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 10:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltnpapi4u View Post
So Leo,

Most americans... meaning the ONLY (((994))) people that where polled speak for the 310 million americans??? now thats a joke. go to other polls that show the same thing where it says most americans believe in the poll. when in actually only 100-1,000 people where asked...
I didn't conduct the poll. It is a scientific poll. It tells you the margin of error.
They are very actually amazingly accurate. They are used to track all kinds of moving trends. Your argument over polling is ridiculous.

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 10:21 PM
BANNED

should i start a poll to see who has a better understanding of polls?

Old Posted May 14, 2010, 10:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
This is so mind boggingly ignorant and silly its insane.

Lets go over the situation and see what you would do:

You live in a shitty town, in a shitty country. You have a family and kids, but no education or skills beyond basic labor. Unfortunately thousands if not millions of people in your area are in the same situation and thus the job market is flooded. However a few hundred miles the North is a country where they need more low skill workers who will work for what you will. Your family and kids need the money, however there's some laws that prevent you from becoming a citizen and there's no simple system to get a Workers permit.

Do you A. obey the law of the other country and let your family go hungry? Or B. break the law? Obviously anyone who's not an idiot would choose B.
Are you serious right now? The answer is A. My family did it legally as recently as the 20th century. I still have many cousins "back there". Not everybody came, it is their choice to stay or come the legal way. There is no excuse to break the laws, period. You can't defend it, you know you're simply wrong on the issue.

Quote:
Again, I've worked with these people, have you? When you hear dozens of them using racist words and generally speaking with the intelligence level befitting of a GED holder it doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence. Do you not follow the news at all? Do you not see how Arpaio and his cronies stomp on Civil Liberties all the time to get what they want?
Wow, so you've "worked" with those people...congratulations. Again, are you serious? I feel bad for you that you have such a mistrust for our first responders. Hopefully you won't ever have to use any of our first responders ever in any situation.

Quote:
Well thanks for this completely worthless, non thought of a post.
This is a completely worthless response to his worthless post.

Quote:
Leo, you sure are obsessed with polls and people voting on things. Ever heard the phrase "democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on whats for dinner"? Just because a law is passed and the majority likes it doesn't make it constitutional or moral. The Founders knew this and tried to put in protections so that people wouldn't vote away their constitutional rights in a hysteria.
No, I'm just posting actual stats/facts/data instead of teenage style rants.

Quote:
But hey, in 1933 over 17 million Germans voted for Hitler- how could they be wrong!? They had enough votes to get him elected, and once something is agreed on by the majority it must be the right and moral solution.
Funny how you equate things in AZ to Nazi Germany. Try this argument out and see how it works for you. Again, you provided no insight or facts. You can't provide anything insightful so you resort to name calling and throwing the Nazi line out. Good one. Get original.

Why do you get so pissed when, god forbid, somebody may disagree with you?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2010, 1:49 PM

Can US citizens be deported to another country based on their color of their skin?

I know some stories...

http://vivirlatino.com/2010/05/28/pu...-to-mexico.php

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN...1?feedType=RSS

Old Posted Jun 4, 2010, 4:14 PM
BANNED

this thread got unlocked?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest