HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Agreed. Maybe Philadelphia College or City College/University of Philadelphia. Otherwise you are selling Delaware County Community College (a fine place, but hardly an international magnet) without the trees. If they go with City College of Philadelphia, they could keep the CCP initials.
How about Spring Garden College? That name is no longer being used.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 9:49 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
Agreed. Maybe Philadelphia College or City College/University of Philadelphia. Otherwise you are selling Delaware County Community College (a fine place, but hardly an international magnet) without the trees. If they go with City College of Philadelphia, they could keep the CCP initials.
Good point, but I think that using "university", when offering only mainly 2-year degrees isn't really accurate. You need to be primarily a 4-year school.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 3:05 PM

CCP Planning A Pair of Student Housing Buildings

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...sing-buildings

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 8:13 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
So, Step 1 of a two-step plan to then attend a 4 years U.S. college. Hmm...interesting.
The traditional cheapskate college student's route!
Quote:
This is not a bad idea. Recall that the City University of New York has community colleges, 4-year schools, and masters programs -- some of renown -- within its sprawling system.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Dec 9, 2016, 11:11 PM

Looks like this development will be called "The Hamilton."

http://www.lsnaphilly.org/announceme...boardmeeting-1

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Looks like this development will be called "The Hamilton."

http://www.lsnaphilly.org/announceme...boardmeeting-1
The Alexander not too far from the Hamilton. Cute.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2016, 6:29 PM

Quote:
The Alexander not too far from the Hamilton. Cute.
They were not throwing away their . . . . . . shot.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 8:21 PM

Looks like this got taller, and more well-designed as per the CDR submission

Last edited by summersm343; Dec 22, 2016 at 5:07 AM.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 8:24 PM

^^Very awesome. 16 floors and 197 feet for the taller one. 11 floors and 147 feet for the shorter one.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 12:34 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Does Blatstein still own the properties just to the south?

Given the, erm, questionable design sensibility we've seen from him lately, I kinda hope he unloads them to somebody who can produce a bunch of nice solid Granary-style midrises.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Dec 22, 2016, 5:07 AM

CDR Submission
Tower 2 - 16 floors - 197 FT
Tower 1 - 11 floors - 147 FT

PDF:
http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...ATION%20sm.pdf

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 5:42 PM

2 residential towers proposed for parking lot near North Broad

Quote:
A two-tower mixed-use development called the Hamilton is in the pipeline for a parking lot near North Broad, according to new renderings released ahead of an upcoming Civic Design Review meeting.

Designed by MY Architecture and developed by Radnor Property Group, the proposal for the Hamilton calls for 600 residential units and 8,000 square feet of retail at 440 N. 15th Street. The total proposed project clocks in at 504,035 square feet, with a 197-foot-tall tower and a shorter 131-foot-tall building, both clad in metal and glass.

The project, which is proposing a two-phase build-out, will also include 150 parking spaces, a mix of above-and below-grade.

Currently, the site is a parking lot that was built by the Philadelphia Inquirer in the 1960s. It’s currently owned by the Community College of Philadelphia and is zoned CMX-4.

The Hamilton would be Radnor Property’s first project along the burgeoning North Broad corridor after developing Vue32 and 3737 Chestnut, both in University City.

The Hamilton project goes to the Civic Design Review on January 10.
http://philly.curbed.com/2017/1/3/14...orth-15-street

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 6:44 PM

Can I ask why older renders get thrown out for the new ones? I can see placing the newest render at the beginning of the thread, but it makes the prior comments nonsensical and it doesn't allow us to see how the project has changed and evolved. Can we place the originals below the current renders rather than delete them?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 11:29 PM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post
Can I ask why older renders get thrown out for the new ones? I can see placing the newest render at the beginning of the thread, but it makes the prior comments nonsensical and it doesn't allow us to see how the project has changed and evolved. Can we place the originals below the current renders rather than delete them?
I concur. It is nice to see the evolution of the development. Everything should not just be purged.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Good point

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 4:20 PM

Renderings

I'd like to keep the old ones up too but this site doesn't host the images, it just pulls them from another site. So if someone doesn't back them up on another site then we may not have access to the old renderings. That's about the extent of my internet knowledge, there might be a better way... maybe.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 4:46 PM
Philly Pholly

So, to be clear. The tall proposal is the newest one? Did they actually upscale?

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 4:58 PM

Baconboy007, you're exactly right.

Guys, I would love to keep the old renderings too, but it's far too much work keeping the new renderings on the first page showing up consistently as it is than even more images of the old renderings as well.

At some point - and I do not know why - images stop showing up on this website. So unless all of the old renderings, along with the new renderings are backed up elsewhere and consistently reposted on every single thread every couple of months, then the old renderings would no longer appear.

It's far too much work for me to maintain the correct renderings of which the project will look like, as well as the old outdated renderings. It would be nice, it's just not practical. Sorry guys

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Baconboy007, you're exactly right.

Guys, I would love to keep the old renderings too, but it's far too much work keeping the new renderings on the first page showing up consistently as it is than even more images of the old renderings as well.

At some point - and I do not know why - images stop showing up on this website. So unless all of the old renderings, along with the new renderings are backed up elsewhere and consistently reposted on every single thread every couple of months, then the old renderings would no longer appear.

It's far too much work for me to maintain the correct renderings of which the project will look like, as well as the old outdated renderings. It would be nice, it's just not practical. Sorry guys
We appreciate the time you take to maintain the site. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe all pictures eventually go away. If they're hosted by Flickr or Imugr, for example, they appear to stay permanently. If they're linked directly to a developer's page or Philly.com or something, over time the link may change and so the photo here breaks.

What I'm suggesting is just put the most recent photos in the first post as you have been doing, but instead of deleting everything that was there, perhaps just draw a red line and write "prior renders" and keep the old photos below it. I don't think that would be any additional work - and if they disappear for whatever reason - so be it.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 5:32 PM

Quote:
We appreciate the time you take to maintain the site. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe all pictures eventually go away. If they're hosted by Flickr or Imugr, for example, they appear to stay permanently. If they're linked directly to a developer's page or Philly.com or something, over time the link may change and so the photo here breaks.

What I'm suggesting is just put the most recent photos in the first post as you have been doing, but instead of deleting everything that was there, perhaps just draw a red line and write "prior renders" and keep the old photos below it. I don't think that would be any additional work - and if they disappear for whatever reason - so be it.
You are correct, but I almost need a secretary or assistant hahaha. Flickr and Imgur seem to stay much longer - if not forever. However, now instead of just copying and posting the images from the articles and links on Philly.com, Philadelphia Business Journal, etc., I now have to go several extra steps and save them to my computer, upload them to Flickr, and then post them on a site. I know it may not sound like a lot, but everything I already do is very time consuming, and this would just take even more time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive