HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Aug 26, 2013, 8:59 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabom View Post
its as far as the green line went lets just stop it here, the people in portland said, this wouldnt have happened if it was a computer making decisions.
Your grammar is so bad that I can't understand what you're trying to say.

Is it this?
"lets just stop it here, the people in portland said"

Or is it this?
"the people in portland said, this wouldnt have happened if it was a computer making decisions."

Those are two very different sentences. A sentence begins with a capital letter and ends with a period, both of which serve a purpose. They let a reader know where the sentence begins and ends.

Do you honestly believe "the people in Portland" make these decisions?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2013, 9:21 PM

people that live close to portland?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2013, 10:05 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
people that live close to portland?
I have no idea what you're asking. People that live close to Portland what? Where's the rest of that sentence? Holy cow man. Express a complete thought.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2013, 10:09 PM

you said that its not people in portlant that make desision

Old Posted Aug 26, 2013, 10:20 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
you said that its not people in portlant that make desision
No I didn't. I asked you a question: Do you honestly believe "the people in Portland" make these decisions?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2013, 10:22 PM

maybe

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 4:34 PM

yes, but who is on first?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 8:43 PM

the car dealerships dont tell the light rail to stop before there property

im not getting it, did the government only have enough for just that many miles?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 9:36 PM

I'm going to go with potato.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I'm going to go with potato.
that is fine, but is it a pa-TAY-toe, or pa-TAH-toe?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post
that is fine, but is it a pa-TAY-toe, or pa-TAH-toe?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 10:45 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

dabom, I'm going to try to say this in the most polite way possible, but what I'm about to address is out of my field of expertise, so I apologize if I am unintentionally rude.

I have to assume that you have a disability which prevents you from understanding things that most people consider to be pretty basic stuff. I'm guessing you have some form of autism, but really, I don't know. You don't seem to have the ability to express a complete thought. In fact, I don't think you understand how communication works. You do have the ability to use mapping tools, but you don't seem to grasp that the houses, for example, are real people's homes. You seem to understand that only as a concept, which is odd since you seem to take everything you are told 100% literally. You seem to have a very limited understanding of money, personal property, social structures, politics, economics, etc.

I have to assume you don't drive, and you're frustrated that light rail doesn't reach where you live, which is why this topic resonates with you. I also assume you still live with your parents, and that you take the "stuff your dad says" literally, which just leads to more misunderstanding.

I think what you need is some form of specialized help to teach you things that most of us take for granted. I think any answers we give you about light rail, for example, are only going to lead you to more misunderstanding because you don't understand basic social structures.

For example, it'd be easy to tell you the government didn't give enough money to make the green line longer. We all understand that is a gross oversimplification that is actually not even correct, but you would take it literally. George Bush didn't decide where the green line should end.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about when you mention car dealerships. I realize it's a complete thought in your head, but you don't understand how communication works. I only have access to the part of the thought you typed. I don't have access to the rest of the thought which is in your head.

Here's an example: The ball is blue. What am I talking about? You may think I'm talking about a toy ball, but really, I'm talking about the Earth as seen from space. No one but me could have known what I was talking about because I didn't express enough of the thought in my head.

Here's another example:

Quote:
the car dealerships dont tell the light rail to stop before there property
I have no idea what you're trying to say because you've only given us part of the thought in your head. What car dealerships? Are they trying to get light rail access? Are you saying they're given light rail access they didn't even ask for? I have no idea what you're saying because you only gave me a tiny piece of what you're trying to express. I also know that if you try to explain it, you're going to only give another fragment of the thought in your head rather than explaining the whole thought.

The bottom line is this: you're going to have to accept that light rail isn't coming where you want it to. And I'm not sure if any of us can do a good enough job of explaining why in a way that you would be able to understand.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 11:03 PM

so basicly its money, thats all i got out of that

most of my life ive lived in the portland metro area where the bus stop is miles away and the busses are getting cut more and more, thats the only reason why i want better transportation

Last edited by dubu; Aug 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2013, 12:12 AM

Hello everybody, this is my first post here on Skyscraperpage. I've followed the forums here for about 2 years, but finally decided to actually join.

@dabom
I seriously do not understand what your trying to say. I'm not trying to be rude at all, but when you try to express your thoughts on here, you leave out so much that nobody knows what your talking about. I think you should proof read what you type a few times, or even let somebody else look at it before you hit the "submit reply" button.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2013, 12:25 AM

im done with city forums, im going to go to the music forum

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure