HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 18, 2018, 10:05 PM
-

2121 Chartres St·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code: YBV31N
Download (9) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Donald Maginnis
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/15/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Renovations of an existing 38,625 sq ft building as a live music venue, offices, and parking as per plans.

3036 St Claude Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: RJ6D4S
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Louis Williams
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/16/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Change of use from restaurant to live music venue. No work to be done.

827 Carondelet St·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code: T4YEZ5
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Kirk Fabacher
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/17/2018
Closed:
No
Description
for initial review by the HDLC to determine the acceptable setbacks for a penthouse addition to an existing vacant building. Interior build-out to be permitted separately

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 1:04 AM
-

3511 S Carrollton Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: J06A8H
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Diane Hickman
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/10/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Renovations to interior and exterior of existing restaurant into an I-Hop restaurant as per plans and attached DAC Approval #DR099-18

djsnola
2310 Perdido St·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code: J6RW7X
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Larry Jones
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/10/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Turn an existing 14,000 SFT dock-high warehouse into a Mardi Gras warehouse den. Full description on CS-1.

djsnola
3600 Macarthur Blvd Ste J·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: 301W3M
Download (13) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Bokio Johnson
Application Review
Date Filed:
8/14/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Non-structural renovation to establish business as a Donut Shop as per plans. Includes electrical and plumbing.

djsnola
600 Decatur St, 4th Level·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: 3KC0WB
Type:
Applicant:
Gregory Leighton
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/14/2018
Closed:
No
Description
1) Add five upright poles (flagpoles) to existing seven upright poles to facilitate suspension of low-level lighting. 2) Hang lighting in crossing pattern over 4,000 sq ft Decatur Street Terrace. NOTES: 1) Lights are illuminated for a 4-5 hour evening period during special events (wedding ceremonies, etc.) which are conducted 1-2 times per week (on average) throughout the year. 2) Electrician not engaged as the lighting is plugged into existing outlets.

546 Carondelet St, Bar Tenant·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code: 60UHNS
Type:
Applicant:
Edr Architects
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/14/2018
Closed:
No
Description
This permit package covers tenant improvement scope within the first floor only. Some occupancy information within the drawings refers to previously permitted work on the first and upper floors. All kitchen and other plumbing scope serving the first floor areas were reviewed and permitted previously as part of the full building renovation work.

djsnola
1148 S Peters St·Interior Demolition · Ref Code: 6HEHFD
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Kirk Fabacher
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/16/2018
Closed:
No
Description
INTERIOR DEMOLITION OF EXISTING 5-STORY BUILDING IN PREPARATION FOR PROPOSED HOTEL TO BE PERMITTED SEPARATELY.

2841 S Claiborne Ave·Demolition · Ref Code: UYYJP4
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Charles Neyrey
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/16/2018
Closed:
No
Description
This is a demolition of an existing 3,419.94 SF existing retail suite shopping center which EXCLUDES THE DEMOLITION OF THE FRONT FACADE. A licensed plumber must secure a separate permit from the Sewerage and Water Board to cap off sewer lines and remove water meter prior to demolition. Any further use shall require a separate permit.

djsnola
3125 Tulane Ave·Demolition · Ref Code: MYA7QU
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Hummel Construction LLC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/18/2018
Closed:
No
Description
Demolition of existing cinder block building including all associated structures

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
djsnola
1148 S Peters St·Interior Demolition · Ref Code: 6HEHFD
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Kirk Fabacher
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
8/16/2018
Closed:
No
Description
INTERIOR DEMOLITION OF EXISTING 5-STORY BUILDING IN PREPARATION FOR PROPOSED HOTEL TO BE PERMITTED SEPARATELY.
Glad to see this moving forward as it's an attractive design. I wonder if the developers were hesitant with the prospect of the convention center's hotel. It would be hard to compete with such a highly subsidized project.

On that note, I wonder if they have seriously consider moving the CC hotel to the lot next to the expressway. Maybe being located a bit closer to the CBD would help. While that lot would be a great location for a convention hotel, it isn't great for much else, although I had seen in some past proposals a separate convention hall for that block.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 2:38 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Glad to see this moving forward as it's an attractive design. I wonder if the developers were hesitant with the prospect of the convention center's hotel. It would be hard to compete with such a highly subsidized project.

On that note, I wonder if they have seriously consider moving the CC hotel to the lot next to the expressway. Maybe being located a bit closer to the CBD would help. While that lot would be a great location for a convention hotel, it isn't great for much else, although I had seen in some past proposals a separate convention hall for that block.
This hotel would benefit from any convention center hotel ... mainly as overflow ... however not many knew that this was in a lawsuit that was finally settled in their favor late last year ... btw it was one guy suing the city over his opinion of what the bza and the hdlc should and could do ... hes in charge of a local neighborhood group but the catch his hes the only one that basically is a member of it ... some people are so ridiculous ... even the courts said this group appears to be nothing more than you and a couple of friends... nice to see nimbys lose

Last edited by tennis1400; Aug 19, 2018 at 2:57 AM.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 3:50 PM

Quote:
This hotel would benefit from any convention center hotel ... mainly as overflow ... however not many knew that this was in a lawsuit that was finally settled in their favor late last year ... btw it was one guy suing the city over his opinion of what the bza and the hdlc should and could do ... hes in charge of a local neighborhood group but the catch his hes the only one that basically is a member of it ... some people are so ridiculous ... even the courts said this group appears to be nothing more than you and a couple of friends... nice to see nimbys lose
The applicant for the interior demolition is Kirk Fabacher, of Terrell-Fabacher Architects. It would appear they have switched architects; the other design with new tower was proposed by EDR. I would speculate there will be no new construction and the historic building will be converted to short term rentals, especially considering we haven't seen any new HDLC or ARC submittals associated with this project. I hope I am wrong, however.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 4:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckett5425 View Post
The applicant for the interior demolition is Kirk Fabacher, of Terrell-Fabacher Architects. It would appear they have switched architects; the other design with new tower was proposed by EDR. I would speculate there will be no new construction and the historic building will be converted to short term rentals, especially considering we haven't seen any new HDLC or ARC submittals associated with this project. I hope I am wrong, however.
since we havent seen any new submittals I would assume the previous approved designs are what they are going with. but yes it could be they are just doing this building but considering the layout of the previous version im not sure .. guess we will see going forward... also the architect is well regarded for older buildings so its possible too that hes just being used for the older portion of the project

Louis Vuitton opening New Orleans store in 2019

https://www.nola.com/business/index....eans_cana.html

Chubbies Coming Soon

https://www.chubbiesshorts.com/

Nice to see the retail scene really picking up here!

Last edited by tennis1400; Aug 19, 2018 at 4:52 PM.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:28 PM

thanks for the updates!! Lots of development happening, which is great!

SO glad to see that eyesore on Tulane finally being torn down. Do we have any idea what will be going there?!

Also, where it the Chubbies store opening??

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Louis Vuitton opening New Orleans store in 2019
Awesome. So materialist Asian tourists and women married to local millionaires can kill boredom.
Seriously, that's still something to serve the local community.

But you wise guys don't get screwed, huh? You'd better shop at Chubbies.
It's probably easier atmosphere in there, and they won't ruin your bank account just for a dumb purse.
Hé hé.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckett5425 View Post
What I heard is their focus is the existing building and I think Buckett you have it right here.

In other news this is great to read from a developer stand point: https://realestate.nola.com/realesta...eans_2018.html

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:46 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalia View Post
What I heard is their focus is the existing building and I think Buckett you have it right here.

In other news this is great to read from a developer stand point: https://realestate.nola.com/realesta...eans_2018.html
since the same owner owns the whole parcel I would seriously doubt nothing gets built or added to where the parking lot is... but a demo permit is just that interior demo... we shall see but unless they are doing that exact project id suspect we will see a new filing for hdlc and arc soon

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:47 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
thanks for the updates!! Lots of development happening, which is great!

SO glad to see that eyesore on Tulane finally being torn down. Do we have any idea what will be going there?!

Also, where it the Chubbies store opening??
no clue i just saw this while browsing .. im betting somewhere on Magazine.. thats where Untuckit is going

Old Posted Aug 20, 2018, 2:11 PM
-

The Sewerage & Water Board is constructing two 200-foot-tall water towers at the Carrollton Water Plant as part of the $80 million Water Hammer Hazard Mitigation Program. Funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), the project is designed to prevent major damage to the city’s water piping infrastructure from water hammer effects.

A water hammer effect occurs when water in the system is suddenly forced to stop moving due to a loss of power or a major water main break and the valve closure slams shut, reverberating through the system. The momentum of the water stopping abruptly creates a pressure wave that travels through the water in the pipe system, which subjects everything in that closed system to significant forces. Pressure spikes can do serious damage to a system within a very short time period.

The project will help stabilize water pressure and mitigate the negative effect on the system including preventing damage to water lines and reducing the possibility of broken pipes and future boil water orders.

“It will allow us roughly 30-40 minutes of continuous water pressure in the event of a power failure,” said Chris Bergeron, P.E., Water Hammer Program Manager. “There’s no operation involved – no turning it on. It ties into the main water pressure of the system so it’s always just working.”

Each of the towers is constructed using a 54” pipe inside of the tower’s pedestal that carries the water to and from the steel top where the water is stored.

“Imagine if we pumped water into the tank with a pipe attached to the water system, but we put a valve in there,” explains Bergeron. “So basically we have two million gallons of water in the air being held up by a valve. Once we open the valve, it will all flow out into the system. In reality, instead of a valve, it’s the pressure in the system holding that water up. It’s a direct relationship of the pressure in the system and elevation of the water in the tank, so 68 psi in the system means the water in the tank is 157 feet up. As that pressure drops, so does the water in the tank.”

The project, which began with the design phase in 2011, is scheduled to be completed in 2023. Construction of the project is divided into three phases. Phase 1 is the construction of the two water towers – the Claiborne Tower and the Panola Tower – and Phase 2 includes improvements to the Claiborne Pumping Station and the four water distribution pumps and motors. Phase 3 includes improvements to the Panola Pump Room and the steam pump rooms and replacing metering, valves and auxiliaries.

The Claiborne Tower is slated for completion this summer, and the Panola Water Tower is scheduled to be complete in March 2019.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 1:48 PM
-

First Tenant in The Julia:

Oprah-Backed True Food Kitchen Is Coming to New Orleans

https://nola.eater.com/2018/8/20/177...w-orleans-nola

Also heard from a good source that an organic grocer will open in the bottom of The Garage.. no idea what brand or anything

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 3:35 PM

^ Ha ha, yeah, the setting is just about perfect. I could sit in there all day, enjoy the atmosphere and wouldn't mind.

Good approach when it comes to the menu contents too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola.eater.com
The dishes don’t stick to any specific flavor profile and include Moroccan chicken, tacos, herb hummus, edamame dumplings, gluten-free lasagna, kale guacamole, and pad Thai, with plenty of vegan, vegetarians, and gluten-free choices.
https://nola.eater.com/2018/8/20/177...w-orleans-nola

Best possible strategy for a contemporary resto, so anyone can be more or less satisfied.

Personally, I don't like sheep meat at all. I don't know whether they would serve any in there, but it's too fat. You shouldn't order any sheep.
Some Moroccan/Arabic cuisine is hugely inspirational otherwise. Like they can use spices and stuff alike, which is highly sophisticated.
I think it's fairly close to Indian gastronomy, since Arabs and Indians have been historically and culturally related.
You're likely to enjoy this.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 4:29 PM

"Only 2 developers submit plans for Charity Hospital"
https://www.nola.com/politics/index....proposals.html

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 5:14 PM
-

Quote:
"Only 2 developers submit plans for Charity Hospital"
https://www.nola.com/politics/index....proposals.html
Kind of understandable since the prinicpal member of third geoup died last week... always thought it would be one of the two remaining groups anyways

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 5:16 PM

Let's just hope they take care of procedure and don't end up delayed like the Four Seasons. Anything is better than the vacant eyesore at this point.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 5:24 PM
-

Quote:
Let's just hope they take care of procedure and don't end up delayed like the Four Seasons. Anything is better than the vacant eyesore at this point.
Try living next to it lol but the city and state have learned alot since four seasons andnairport about how to write contracts to eliminate potential issues like we had where somone bought a company for a dollar and then sued and wasnt even part of the proccess .

the city and state arent really running this though.. LSU is

Nice to see some increased activity at the Canopy Of Peace

Last edited by tennis1400; Aug 21, 2018 at 5:53 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 7:02 PM
NOLA Razorback

I'm curious what the holdups been. I figured some of the pieces didn't fit right is my guess

Nice to see some increased activity at the Canopy Of Peace

[/QUOTE]

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 7:29 PM
NOLA Razorback

Odeon/Four Seasons

Also I think its safe to say that the Odeon and Four Seasons are both full steam ahead on construction. Lots of activity on both sites and I follow one of the project architects for SMD insta and looks like they'll be driving a billion piles for the next 90 days or so at the Odeon. Four seasons looks like they're doing a bunch of demo work and site prep for pile driving the additions

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations