HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Dec 2, 2008, 6:28 PM

well if surrey becomes a core its likely langley and delta would be come suburbs of surrey instead of vancouver and langley is about same distance give or take a bit from vancouver as abby is from surrey

and surreys doing it part i just hope the skytrain doesnt go threw to guildford i want to see the other thing go up cause surrey is finally starting to show a core thats shinning above the dozen others we dont need a skytrain going to guildford and messing everything up and making it all confused again

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 2:34 AM
Hicksville Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
I don't think so cause gas cause is usually 11 cents cheaper in aldergrove because its not part of the GVRD tax on gas thing

you cross that one street and gas jumps
Agreed ... just last week I bought gas for $0.909/litre @ the Chevron station located on the SW corner of 264th and Fraser Hwy (Langley/Aldergrove border) ... I then drove through Aldergrove and voila all the stations located on the eastend of Aldergrove, around 276th Street and Fraser Hwy, were priced @ $0.839/litre ... grrr was I po'd

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 4:33 AM

"well if surrey becomes a core its likely langley and delta would be come suburbs of surrey instead of vancouver...."

That's just retarded.. last time I checked surrey was a suburb of Vancouver and so is Burnaby newwest.. richmond etc etc

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 5:02 AM

People are creatures of habit, and the idea of change frightens them. Surrey could one day become a center all on its own, no one knows, unless you have a time machine? If you do please tell us that the RC gets built! PS - At one time New Westminster was the center of the Lower Mainland while Vancouver was still a sleepy lumber town.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 7:14 AM

By the time (and if) Surrey becomes a center of its own, Abbotsford will probably have developed to the point that it would not join with Surrey, but rather develop towards becoming a third center, as the distance between Surrey and Abbotsford is still quite considerable.

In regards to Aldergrove, I am not certain why the gas is cheaper there than in the rest of Metro Vancouver, but it IS (without a doubt) a part of the Township of Langley and Metro Vancouver. After all, the Greater Vancouver Zoo is located there

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 7:35 AM

Aldergrove is Metro. You see "township of langley' signage in aldergrove and the nearby gloucester industrial area, as you do in, say willoughby and walnut grove. I think the reason for gas price difference is geography - abby is across the line from aldergrove, and aldergrove is somewhat separate by greenbelt from the rest of langley, not unlike the peace river district in BC having to compete with alberta prices.

I do see the start of an early rivalry between surrey and abby, not unlike surrey and vancouver

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
People are creatures of habit, and the idea of change frightens them. Surrey could one day become a center all on its own, no one knows, unless you have a time machine? If you do please tell us that the RC gets built! PS - At one time New Westminster was the center of the Lower Mainland while Vancouver was still a sleepy lumber town.
that's completely true there use to be a time when new west use to eclipse vancouver as a city
i wouldnt have been surprised if those days people thought of vancouver as a suburb of new west lol

theres a funny thought

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 6:46 PM
Traveller Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Very true. Not to mention that Vancouver might one day even become a suburb of Surrey. It is at the centre of the Lower Mainland after all.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickinacan View Post
Very true. Not to mention that Vancouver might one day even become a suburb of Surrey. It is at the centre of the Lower Mainland after all.
if anything they'll become twin citys
vancouver will never become a suburb
burnaby, richmond and maple ridge would stay as suburbs of vancouver
and
delta, langley and if the lrt goes through likely abby would become the suburbs of surrey

Old Posted Dec 3, 2008, 11:00 PM
loafing in lotusland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickinacan View Post
Just like Minneapolis?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley