HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Nov 26, 2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
I did enjoy the place tremendously when it was first opened though.
Maybe it's just that the honeymoon is over and the feeling of something truly new has worn out.

No, you are completely correct with your comment and I complained the same some time ago. Their business is just doing so well that they don't have to care. I hope another Chipotle in Downtown would force them to shape up.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Is that the old Moxies location? I guess the Gaglardis are cycling through their restaurant portfolio to see what works there! Do they own that building?
Yup - the old Moxies location.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 8:32 AM

Ceilis Kitsilano will be closing Sunday, November 30th.

The Location has been sold to Kelly O'Bryan's Neighborhood Pubs (http://kobcob.com/).

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 7:43 AM

Dennys has opened, the inside is still Rockford.

No plans to close the other location, until the rent becomes too expensive

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAKer View Post
Ceilis Kitsilano will be closing Sunday, November 30th.

The Location has been sold to Kelly O'Bryan's Neighborhood Pubs (http://kobcob.com/).
And more specifically they will open under the Carlos O'Bryan brand

Old Posted Dec 11, 2014, 11:54 PM

Story about the North Vancouver Tap & Barrel:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/12/t...ation-opening/

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Chipotle in Downtown must be the most disorganized restaurant with the most unattentive staff I have ever been to. Every single time you have to repeat your order several times to ever single employee, as they barely listen to what you say. I understand working in Chipotle being like working on an assembly line, but they pay zero attention to you. And for the love of God, why can't they add a sign next to their guacamole, stating that it is extra price, instead of always mentioning it to every single customer. I also wonder when are they going to get liquor license that their sign has said is pending for over a year now...

Chipotle = bad service and overpriced hipster food, but I have to say that their food is still so good that despite all these annoying things, they are still doing extremely well in Vancouver and also I end up going there once a week. So I guess they don't have to 'care' about the quality of their service as they have a killer product. With that note, I am thinking that franchising a Chipotle restaurant in Vancouver must be the most secure investment one can make in Vancouver.
They don't franchise.. all stores are corporate.

Ron.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 7:37 AM

Gossip:

Donnelly Group has bought or is interested in Gabriola House (formerly Romano's Macaroni Grill) and is putting their 3rd Boston Pizza Location in the Financial District area plus their Theatre District Location will open late December or early January.

Last edited by PeterAKer; Dec 12, 2014 at 7:49 AM.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 8:22 AM

I've seen Boston Pizza "coming soon" ads in the Metro or 24 Hrs for the Hornby location - but no opening date, which is a bit odd.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Chipotle in Downtown must be the most disorganized restaurant with the most unattentive staff I have ever been to. I also wonder when are they going to get liquor license that their sign has said is pending for over a year now...
It's a Christmas miracle! They have they liquor license now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I've seen Boston Pizza "coming soon" ads in the Metro or 24 Hrs for the Hornby location - but no opening date, which is a bit odd.
I peeked in recently and it still looks like lots of work in progress. They are going to be extending the meaning of "Fall 2014"...

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 9:02 PM

Tim Horton's Robson Street

Looks like Tim Hortons at Robson and Jervis (at the base of Pacific Palisades) is now open! Pretty small, but oh so convenient since I live upstairs!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 9:05 PM

Is it going to be 24 hours?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAKer View Post
Gossip:

Donnelly Group has bought or is interested in Gabriola House (formerly Romano's Macaroni Grill) and is putting their 3rd Boston Pizza Location in the Financial District area plus their Theatre District Location will open late December or early January.
went to their stadium location last weekend to watch the canucks... horrible service and their upper portion was "closed" due to lack of staff.... Will be interesting to see if they can really turn this around...

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 11:38 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

I've been to the Stadium location twice now, first time the service was horrible, we had to go get our own utesils as the server spent the evening flirting with the bartender. I acutally emailed corporate regarding the experience and they were good and offered a make up pizza but I didn't take them up on it. Decided to give them another shot, drinks were not as advertised and pointed out to our waitress, she never returned to make it right nor take our food order, we waived down another waitress to find ours, after another 20min of no sign we walked out without paying for our drinks. Never done that before but I was pissed, I will not visit that location again. I've not yet emailed corporate about the second visit but if this continues Boston Pizza will have serious damage done to their brand.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 2:43 AM
be nice to the crackheads

I'd email them again. That kind of service should be reported every time.

I worked in F&B for a good chunk of my young life, and I (and pretty everyone else I worked with) broke my back making sure people were having a good experience. If I didn't, management would have taken me to task, which makes me think there's a big problem with management at the Stadium Boston Pizza.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
I've been to the Stadium location twice now, first time the service was horrible, we had to go get our own utesils as the server spent the evening flirting with the bartender. I acutally emailed corporate regarding the experience and they were good and offered a make up pizza but I didn't take them up on it. Decided to give them another shot, drinks were not as advertised and pointed out to our waitress, she never returned to make it right nor take our food order, we waived down another waitress to find ours, after another 20min of no sign we walked out without paying for our drinks. Never done that before but I was pissed, I will not visit that location again. I've not yet emailed corporate about the second visit but if this continues Boston Pizza will have serious damage done to their brand.
I'll echo that.. I was there for a drink and the service was crap, super slow and had to wait forever for the bill and it wasn't like it was super busy at the time.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2014, 5:51 PM

Boston Pizza Stadium District has a score of only 2.5/5 at Yelp. Similar kind of stories in reviews...

Old Posted Dec 16, 2014, 4:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerBunny View Post
Looks like Tim Hortons at Robson and Jervis (at the base of Pacific Palisades) is now open! Pretty small, but oh so convenient since I live upstairs!
Walked by yesterday and I am not sure if their signs fit the building that well. It looks so unlike their other locations.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2015, 9:45 PM

Boston Pizza Theatre District had a sign up saying they are opening next week on January 8th.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2015, 10:23 PM

Looks like The Flying Pig at the Olympic Village is now opened for business. Quite a lot of people there when I walked by on the weekend. They gotta spruce up the area and lay proper sidewalk by 2nd Avenue, and not just some asphalt patch work.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining