HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 6:30 PM

With the announcements today by Amazon and EY, suddenly a big chunk of prime office space under development looks like it will be leased. The Amazon office could take up to 1,000,000 square feet in the Nashville Yards development and the tax accounting firm of EY take up a big amount in the new office building at Chet Adkins. This will be a tremendous boast to projects on the verge of starting construction. I would wonder if this might even inspire the KVB tower development to change back to its original height. Likewise, the 805 Lea project might revert to its 35 story height. I do know that previous Gulch projects regret reducing their completed projects from their initial proposed heights. All of this new influx will certainly stimulate housing growth here in the urban core. Outstanding!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 7:57 PM
Nashville born and raised

More about the Ernst & Young expansion to Nashville...from the TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Multinational accounting and professional services firm EY, formerly called Ernst & Young, will open a 600-person office near Nashville's Music Row in August, the company announced Tuesday morning.

EY's $22 million Exceptional Delivery Growth Engine Center will open next year near Music Row in the new 18th and Chet development, at 820 18th Ave. S. The facility will specialize in tech-enabled tax-managed services, software development, and design and testing.
This sounds like some high level IT jobs and not just pencil pushers (jk). Nashville's IT street cred just went up astronomically today.
This is to be their new home...

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
From the TENNESSEAN...

Amazon in Nashville: Company to bring 5,000 corporate jobs to Nashville Yards

Nashville Yards is a 15 acre development on the west side of downtown. I expect the rendered office buildings to be somewhat taller than shown.

It will have the new "Live at Nashville" development by AEG as a neighbor.

Sorry; gotta keep this posted on the new page for a while. Somebody may have missed the news.

#spikingthefootball

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 8:07 PM

An interview with the architect a week or so ago in the Post implied that the height of the office towers was adjustable according to need. He said something about zoning being unlimited. Do you think that refers to height? From what I can tell from other high rises a million square feet could be 50-60 stories. Now there are four office towers planned. But if I was a developer I would want room for all the companies that will want to be next to Amazon.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinewatcher615 View Post
An interview with the architect a week or so ago in the Post implied that the height of the office towers was adjustable according to need. He said something about zoning being unlimited. Do you think that refers to height? From what I can tell from other high rises a million square feet could be 50-60 stories. Now there are four office towers planned. But if I was a developer I would want room for all the companies that will want to be next to Amazon.
Yes, from what I understand, there are no city limitations on height downtown, but the FAA has reportedly restricted it to 750'. Something about giving Taylor Swift's (or anyone's) plane enough room to climb if they should lose an engine or something according to some geekish people who keep up with that stuff.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 3:45 PM
Chairman

Is the unlimited density related to FAR? Density zoning is more closely related to FAR.

-sb

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 9:09 PM

The Hyatt Regency currently under construction at Nashville Yards was upgraded to a Grand Hyatt today.

https://twitter.com/NSHBIZSichko/sta...72628494671872

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-dub View Post
The Hyatt Regency currently under construction at Nashville Yards was upgraded to a Grand Hyatt today.

And the tower in the far left has been upgraded to an Amazon!!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 2:36 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-dub View Post

Nice!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2018, 8:13 PM

The Nashville Fairgrounds, where the new 30,500 seat soccer specific stadium will be built, was the site of a groundbreaking for the new exhibit halls which will replace the current run-down stock located on the small hill where the stadium is to go.

Per WSMV....

The site plan....

Replacing this....

The stadium is reportedly under design and presumably should not begin construction until the exhibition buildings are complete. The Fair Park, where the youth soccer fields are shown, is near completion.

A recent joke of a law suit by the dying remnants of the opposition was dismissed last week and didn't slow down the progress one bit. (Correction; the court ruled against an injunction to stop work on the project. The trial will continue with a hearing scheduled for November 30, 2018.)

The plan is for the USL team to play in the baseball park one more season, then the MLS team will play in 69,000 seat, Nissan Stadium for at least a year starting in 2020.

The speedway will be upgraded (I don't have details) and there have been some talks with interests trying to bring a minor league version of NASCAR racing to the track.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 24, 2018 at 3:33 PM. Reason: Lawsuit details correction

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Sorry; gotta keep this posted on the new page for a while. Somebody may have missed the news.

#spikingthefootball
This is going to transform downtown Nashville like nothing else. I hope more retail will follow, like an urban Target.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 3:11 PM

Here is a summary of Nashville Office Building stock proposed and under construction. With announcements of Alliance Bernstein, Amazon and Ernst Young opening major Nashville offices, a lot of this space was taken up. It would seem that more office space might be constructed to stay ahead of the demand.

The Nashville Yards buildings are listed as under construction as full demolition has been competed and major site prep is underway.

Some of the information comes from the Nashville development map at Urban Planet.

MUSIC CIRCLE

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 24, 2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: MUSIC CIRCLE IS 69,000 SF

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 5:22 PM
Future God

That 1001 Church Street building is a little puny looking. I'm guessing five years down the road that they are going to wish that they had beefed that up quite a bit!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
That 1001 Church Street building is a little puny looking. I'm guessing five years down the road that they are going to wish that they had beefed that up quite a bit!

It has 225,000 SF.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post

It has some style. Haven't seen that cantilevered look in Nashville, before. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Amazon signing across the street might encourage construction of a taller building to attract future like minded business.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 11:54 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Amazon signing across the street might encourage construction of a taller building to attract future like minded business.
Is it determined that Amazon is occupying only one high-rise within the Nashville Yards development? That 1,000,000 SqFt will all be in one building?

Last edited by Schmoe; Nov 28, 2018 at 9:59 PM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 9:51 PM

Yet another Midtown tower. This one was announced four years ago but given up for dead last year. With our surging business climate, the Graystone Company who is developing a 16-story apartment building in the south Gulch, has decided to pursue this project with a larger size. It will go from 22-stories to 26-stories for the residential tower and the hotel tower will remain at 16-stories. To rise at 19th Avenue and Broadway, this will be the view looking westward from across Broadway.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Yet another Midtown tower. This one was announced four years ago but given up for dead last year. With our surging business climate, the Graystone Company who is developing a 16-story apartment building in the south Gulch, has decided to pursue this project with a larger size. It will go from 22-stories to 26-stories for the residential tower and the hotel tower will remain at 16-stories. To rise at 19th Avenue and Broadway, this will be the view looking westward from across Broadway.

I think this may be an older rendering, but I'm glad to see this back on track anyway. Greystone seems to get things done, so a start for this project is promising. More mid-rise density for Midtown.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 2:30 PM

An updated rendering of the Printing House Nashville from the Hilton Tapestry Hotel collection which was originally proposed some time ago for Nashville’s Sobro District has now been posted in the Architect’s , Ratio Architects, web site.

The building is proposed to be 11 stories, one block from the Convention Center (Music City Center). A second quarter 2019 start date has been announced per the Nashville Post.

A couple more renderings from the Architect's web page...

Last edited by MidTenn1; Dec 4, 2018 at 3:12 PM.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2018, 6:54 AM

Amazon is going with two buildings in the Nashville Yards project.

The first phase looks to be a 23 story building reported to be 566,000 sf. The second phase looks to be similarly sized.

More info when I get it.

Revised view of Nashville Yards from above with the proposed Amazon Towers on the left.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations