HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

View Poll Results: If anyone, who do you currently support for Mayor
Bob Hawksworth 1 1.23%
Craig Burrows 1 1.23%
Joe Connelly 2 2.47%
Jon Lord 0 0%
Kent Hehr 4 4.94%
Naheed Nenshi 47 58.02%
Paul Hughes 1 1.23%
Ric McIver 6 7.41%
Wayne Stewart 2 2.47%
The Moose who ran through downtown 17 20.99%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 1, 2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild wild west View Post
I certainly hope one or the other would drop out if it was evident their campaign was floundering, to give the one with stronger support a better chance. I would hope either one of Nenshi or Hehr, depending on how things shake out would drop out to give the other a better chance, since considering how the odds are stacked we can't be splitting the votes too much between candidates who support an urbanist agenda. In fact, not sure how many of the current candidates will actually continue. Guys like Lord and Burrows don't seem to be getting a lot of attention in the media or anywhere, unless things pick up for them I don't see much point in them continuing.
In a race like this I wouldn't worry about vote splitting, as it hurts the right more than the left in Calgary. See: 2001 election.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy