HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 5:29 PM

Some new news

23. Case: P19-066 Preliminary and Final Major Site Plan with Deviations
Applicant: Tower Cove Jersey City Urban Renewal, Inc.
Review Planner: Matt Ward
Address: 444 Washington Blvd
Attorney: Francis X. Regan
Block: 11603 Lot: 6
Zone: Harsimus Cove Station

Description: Proposed of a residential 70-story tower with 950 residential dwelling units, a six level parking garage with 17,192 square feet of commercial, along with residential amenities, alterations to site circulation and addition of public open spaces including access points to riverfront walkway, plaza with play area and plaza with water feature. Two existing 5-story residential buildings to remain. Site also known as Avalon Cove.

Deviations: parking to be wrapped by principal use, number of signs permitted, type of signs permitted, location of signs, minimum yard factor, two principal structures on a lot

Credit: https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 9:01 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction Update: 533 Mercer Street

Credit: NYY

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 12:38 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

JERSEY CITY | 15 Nardone Place | 13 + 11 FLOORS | 144 FT

Project: 15 Nardone Place

Quote:
Currently occupied by a one-story building and parking lot formerly used as a real estate office, the parcels are owned by Chosen 15 Nardone LLC. That company is registered out of a suburban home in Short Hills and lists an individual named Kotla Srinath as its sole member.

The future vision for the land was drawn up by Hoboken-based Minervini Vandermark and would feature several components in a complex set to rise 13 stories and 144 feet at its highest point.

The first and tallest section would include a total of 233 hotel rooms, while the second appears to rise eleven stories and consists of 41 luxury residential units.

The two buildings would share a combined podium set to accommodate lobby spaces, and a storefront for a sidewalk cafe is included in the design.
=============
Jersey Digs

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 1:00 AM

Nice-looking hotel. Will have great Manhattan views, since it's in Jersey City Heights.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 3:16 PM

WOW at the hotel! When I lived in the Heights, I use to hate walking to Journal Square because I'd have to pass this no man's land. This new hotel development will do wonders to help connect the two neighborhoods.

Then I read this article... https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/08/re...y-heights.html

The sense of entitlement -- to hold hold everyone else back in order to preserve their free on-street parking:

“If I have to go out after five or six o’clock, I got to stay home,” added her husband Jerry. “I am not going to find a parking spot.”

“Traffic is overwhelming. There’s no parking," said Dowd. “I know we have a big fight ahead of us but dammit we are down to fight.”

I wish Jersey City would institute parking permit fees citywide that actually reflected demand. Free parking and the entitlement it brings is ruining the city! $15 a year is obviously too low if residents aren't able to find parking in their neighborhood.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 6:58 AM

Have y'all seen this one yet. 414 Hoboken Ave?

Image from lwdmr architects: https://www.lwdmr.com/projects/414-hoboken-ave

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 7:05 AM

I found some new news. And it's BIG!

I'll post in the general development thread.

Last edited by C.; Sep 3, 2019 at 7:31 AM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
I found some new news. And it's BIG!

I'll post in the general development thread.
It must be to warrant first a thread in the general development area... can't wait to hear!

414 Hoboken Avenue is nice!!! Two tower, major project! I'm even more excited now about the big one you're about to announce since this looks damned significant in its own right!

C, can you add any info on 414 Hoboken? I remember the Tribeca Grande 22 story project it originally was going to become, but this is much bigger... looks like two towers in the 30 story range and this is not far off the Square if I'm correct? Looked up more info but can't find anything up to date.

Last edited by citybooster; Sep 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 12:56 PM

700 Washington - in Newport on border w/Hoboken - has significantly more activity today. It has been dormant for well over a year after doing foundation work. Looks like over a dozen construction workers starting vertical rebar.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 2:53 PM

I wonder what the hold up is in C putting up that exciting new development in the regular New York City area forum? Hope it didn't prove an errant piece of info.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 5:14 PM

Thumbs up

It’s the Journal Square PATH station redevelopment in the general development forum.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 5:15 PM

No other info on 414 Hoboken. I thought this one was previously know, but don’t remember if we’ve seen the renders.

Edit. It’s one of the Central Avenue extension projects. I think it was Hamilton that first mentioned the towers associated with this project. That and the Homestead extension. Journal Square has gone nuclear. There will be close to 10,000 new high income earners moving into the neighborhood from all the development that has been announced. That’s going to have profound change on the area (hopefully for the better!)

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 10:04 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New Renderings Revealed for Jersey City’s West Side Square

Quote:
Toronto-based company Altree Developments bought the property earlier this year for $48 million and released a 3-D model of what the redesigned project would look like.

The latest renderings flesh out details of the development, which will feature two 13-story towers connected by a series of five-story buildings including a total of 23,000 square feet for commercial space.

285 garage parking spaces are included in West Side Square, which has been designed by Hoboken-based Marchetto Higgins Stieve and will feature a mix of units ranging between 450 square feet and 1,300 square feet. Initial renderings had shown an outdoor pool, but the latest round has eliminated that feature.
================
Jersey Digs

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 3:42 PM

Little construction update from this morning - 331 Marin (piling) and 351 Marin (completing demo). Both are 38-40 story buildings. Looks like both may be rising simultaneously

Most recent renders:

331 Marin Ave (via Marchetto Higgins Stieve)

351 Marin Ave (via Jerseydigs - most likely outdated)

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 3:51 PM

Nice, and long overdue. JC is finally coming into its own.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Nice, and long overdue. JC is finally coming into its own.
Yes, it will be great for the city - two more parking lots bite the dust, and only a few blocks from the PATH.

Not as great for my view and the general PATH crowding though

Last edited by Oron Zchut; Sep 6, 2019 at 6:36 PM.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Have y'all seen this one yet. 414 Hoboken Ave?

Image from lwdmr architects: https://www.lwdmr.com/projects/414-hoboken-ave
Apparently it's called Bergen Arch Plaza. 2 x 28 floor mixed-use buildings (or is it 20 floor?!). 524 units and 50,000 sqft of office and retail.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 12:47 PM

Pavonia will have the canyon-effect one day. It's growing big and bold.

571-577 Pavonia Ave - 25 floors - 265ft - 341 units
616-618 Pavonia Ave - 27 floors - 293ft - 376 units

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 2:44 PM

While Jersey City has been approving thousands of new units, it's actually Bayonne that has issued the most building permits so far this year. The majority of Jersey City's permits have been from single-family homes, likely tear downs of older 2 and 3-family homes that are replaced, ironically, by Bayonne Boxes. Bayonne has issued building permits for the most new multifamily units in the state by far. In 2018, Jersey City did permit more multi-family units than Bayonne, but not by that much.

https://www.nj.gov/labor/lpa/industr...pmun/bpytd.htm
https://www.nj.gov/labor/lpa/industr...un/bpann18.htm

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 5:08 PM

Quote:
While Jersey City has been approving thousands of new units, it's actually Bayonne that has issued the most building permits so far this year. The majority of Jersey City's permits have been from single-family homes, likely tear downs of older 2 and 3-family homes that are replaced, ironically, by Bayonne Boxes. Bayonne has issued building permits for the most new multifamily units in the state by far. In 2018, Jersey City did permit more multi-family units than Bayonne, but not by that much.

https://www.nj.gov/labor/lpa/industr...pmun/bpytd.htm
https://www.nj.gov/labor/lpa/industr...un/bpann18.htm
Hate those Bayonne Box type homes.... wasteful as well to give as much space for one family units that could go to 2 or 3 units instead.

On the Pavonia buildup(with the Homestead project) and the Central Avenue extension, we'll have a nice number of 20-30 story midrises buildup up just behind Journal Square... how close to it is the 414 Hoboken Bergen Arch Plaza one? Counting the floors looks like 28 each at least.

Love the West Side Avenue project on the former Puccini's lot and the revisions make it look even better. Hopefully another PATH extension through that area comes relatively soon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations