HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaccer05 View Post
Hayden West Loop

Nice tower. Horrible blank brick wall. What a waste of street presence catty-corner to new McD's HQ.

looks different...

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 7:59 PM
The City

^ Well, that's probably just the lobby entrance facing the other street, which obviously will still be there

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 8:10 PM
Team Alinghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
looks different...
It was never going to be retail, but this looks like a bait and switch.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 8:12 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
It was never going to be retail, but this looks like a bait and switch.
You think? Still a mostly blank 1st floor, all they did was get rid of the glass and stay with brick.

Not really much of a change...

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 8:19 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
You think? Still a mostly blank 1st floor, all they did was get rid of the glass and stay with brick.

Not really much of a change...
I think the glass would have looked a little better at least. It gives the facade a bit more visual variety. A blank brick wall seems a lot more uninviting to passing pedestrians.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
A blank brick wall seems a lot more uninviting to passing pedestrians.
Pretty sure that is the look they are going for.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 9:12 PM

Hayden West Loop is one of my least favorite projects in the neighborhood right now. The precast brick panels look very, very cheap in person. I'm sure the units will sell fast but man did they cheap out on the exterior.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
Hayden West Loop is one of my least favorite projects in the neighborhood right now. The precast brick panels look very, very cheap in person. I'm sure the units will sell fast but man did they cheap out on the exterior.
Their website says they're 80% sold. Cheap facade materials can't stop the "hotness" of the West Loop.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 9:54 PM
devout Pizzatarian

All 444 N dearborn (river north firehouse redevelopment) discussion has been moved to the highrise thread:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=218289

please continue the discussion there.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Well, that's probably just the lobby entrance facing the other street, which obviously will still be there
That is an accurate rendering of the N face - the windows appear to be for the Lobby. The often cited E wall is totally blank.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
That is an accurate rendering of the N face - the windows appear to be for the Lobby. The often cited E wall is totally blank.
I think it's sad that they did this, but maybe they can put some art murals on the wall, inside the rectangles? Or like another poster mentioned, grow some ivy in there? Maybe that is part of the plan. If I were an owner there, I would propose it to the Condo Board.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:44 PM

If they're relocating near IIT, I suspect it will be one of the large vacant lots between 26th and 31st St.

Mayor Emanuel and DMG MORI Announce Company is Relocating Corporate Headquarters to Chicago
Quote:
Innovative Tech Manufacturer to Locate North American Headquarters Near Illinois Institute of Technology on Chicago’s South Side; Move Follows Mayor’s Economic Mission to Japan and China

Mayor Rahm Emanuel today joined DMG MORI to announce the company is relocating its North American headquarters to Chicago. The move follows a meeting between the company and Mayor Emanuel during a recent trade mission to Japan. The company is working with the Illinois Institute of Technology to identify space on and near the school’s campus for the company to move into and build a product showroom.

“Manufacturing is written in Chicago’s DNA and today the sector is running on all cylinders,” Mayor Emanuel said. “Thanks to world-class institutions like Illinois Tech and global companies like DMG MORI we are creating jobs today while ensuring the future of manufacturing in Chicago is even stronger than its past.”

The move is driven by the DMG Mori’s desire to interact with faculty and recruit talent from IIT. The company is currently headquartered in Hoffman Estates and has approximately 225 employees at that location and more than 1,000 in the US, Mexico and Canada.

“DMG MORI is a world leader in manufacturing technology,” said DMG MORI USA President James Nudo. “The opportunity for us to interact on a daily basis with the faculty and students of Illinois Institute of Technology is unique to our industry. Locating our North American Headquarters in the world class city of Chicago gives us an unlimited potential going forward.”
“Illinois Tech is honored to partner with DMG MORI as it brings its legacy of innovation to the city of Chicago,” Illinois Tech President Alan Cramb said. “As Chicago’s premier tech-focused university, we have a long history of contributing to the economic vitality of this great city. And I know that our talented students and faculty will be an extraordinary resource for the company. Illinois Tech is a university where students learn by creating, building and solving, and we couldn’t think of a better educational opportunity than for our students to work with — and learn from— a company like DMG MORI."
https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/e...DMGMoriHQ.html

Old Posted Today, 4:00 AM

A picture I took a few days ago. The first thing I notice is how much Nema will stand out in the skyline once complete. The second thing is how much of a beast Sears tower really is.

Old Posted Today, 8:17 AM

^ Damn chicago needs 3-4 8-900 footers in the distance behind University Hall. Thats such a dead spot between 311 and OMP.

Old Posted Today, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
A picture I took a few days ago. The first thing I notice is how much Nema will stand out in the skyline once complete. The second thing is how much of a beast Sears tower really is.

As a kid this was always my favorite angle of the city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development