HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 6:58 PM

Huge News for Downtown Meridian today!! It appears with the ground breaking of the new apartments north of City Hall, it's signaled to other developers it times to start building in Downtown.
Two large projects announced:

Keller Associates office building in the works in downtown Meridian; more on the way
https://www.idahopress.com/meridian/...2d5f4057a.html
Quote:
It’s been more than 16 years since an office building was constructed in downtown Meridian.

Earlier this year downtown officials broke ground on a project, the Old Town Lofts, that will change that — bringing apartments, restaurants, shops and office space to downtown Meridian when it is complete.

Now, another office building is in the pipeline on the other side of the railroad tracks.

Owners of Keller Associates, known as MKA, are in conversations with the city of Meridian about building a three-story, 18,000-square-foot office building in downtown, on the northeast corner of Main and East Bower streets.
Rendering:

Site Plan:

Condos, convention center part of 6-building site plan for downtown Meridian

https://www.idahopress.com/meridian/...84da5313f.html
Quote:
MERIDIAN — Across from Meridian City Hall, and in the heart of downtown Meridian, is a patch of industry land that sticks out in the mostly urban area.

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to walk out to that property and say, ‘Jeez, this isn’t being used very well,’” said Bill Ditz, managing member for the Mountain West Group.

It has been Ditz’s vision for 10 years to build something on the land that would better fit the area. A piece of that vision is within arm’s reach.

Ditz is in the preliminary stages of a six-building development that would bring new businesses, restaurants and shops downtown Meridian — something city staff have been trying to incentivize for years. The project, known as the Landmark Center at Meridian Station, would include retail shops, offices, theater space, 190 condo and apartment units, and possibly a convention center on the southeast corner of Broadway Avenue and Main Street.
Site Plan:

This appears to be the next iteration of a plan I posted about awhile ago. They've tinkered with the block plan and clearly have added larger elements (theater, convention center) to it. I'm surprised they're going with an underground garage though. It seems like it'd be overkill. Either way, exciting news for downtown Meridian!!

Original Plan:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post

Agenda Packet, rendering on page 24:
https://mdcfile.s3.amazonaws.com/Boa...t%20v_1_24.pdf

Proposal:

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 12:02 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Good to see downtown Meridian growing. The changes taking place in the historic cores of Nampa and Caldwell are refreshing.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 12:03 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 9:13 PM
All man. Half nuts.

nice video from a visitor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9e5ljLYOpw

Old Posted Aug 2, 2019, 10:28 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The parking lot @ Eleventh & Idaho is about to vanish|The fence is up!

The lengthy demise of 820 Washington in The Northend.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 2:40 PM
All man. Half nuts.

anyone know what's going in that lot at 820 Washington?

I've seen activity there for awhile now, but haven't heard if a new project is being built there.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
anyone know what's going in that lot at 820 Washington?

I've seen activity there for awhile now, but haven't heard if a new project is being built there.
It'll be a new parking lot...

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...id=DRH18-00463

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 6:55 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVurban View Post

oh. goody.

I found a rendering:

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 7:11 PM

Quote:
two-tower and skybridge proposal was approved today -- story in Idaho Press:

https://www.idahopress.com/news/loca...0495e51a0.html

Anyone know what the status of this dealio is?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 5:05 PM
All man. Half nuts.

last I heard, the south lot was potentially being sold to Local Construct. There was an article in the Statesman about it not long ago. The article was a bit confusing--the headline said the property was sold, but the story itself said Ludwig still planned on building the project:

Quote:
Jul 22, 2019 - Scot Ludwig, a member of the Boise City Council, planned two towers, ... to develop the property sold to LocalConstruct's company, Ludwig said in a ... If Broad Street was unable to develop its project, Local Construct would ...

I also saw somewhere that that the Cartee could be put on hold indefinitely due to high construction costs. That could explain why many of these proposals have been stagnant.

Last edited by Boisebro; Aug 7, 2019 at 9:03 PM.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 7:44 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Here is the link for the latest Insta video update of the progress up at Tamarack

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B036mlR...=15x7agzej0x5q

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 8:57 PM

Quote:

last I heard, the south lot was potentially being sold to Local Construct. There was an article in the Statesman about it not long ago. The article was a bit confusing--the headline said the property was sold, but the story itself said Ludwig still planned on building the project:

I also saw somewhere that that the Cartee could be put on hold indefinitely due to high construction costs. That could explain why none of these proposals have been stagnant.
Boooooo!!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 6:35 PM

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for taking your time in posting consistant updates on current highrise projects in and around the city of Boise. I have been following for some years now and have to say Boise is a beautiful city! Can anyone post a recent picture that captures the skyline aerial photos if you can!? Thank you very much!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 3:30 AM

Well I finally caved and bought a drone. I'm in the process of learning the ropes with flying it now and of course post editing. I'm hopeful to put together a cool little montage video of Boise eventually. When I do I will be sure to share it here.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 6:28 PM

https://www.idahostatesman.com/enter...ylink=featured

Roaring Springs Water Park to add new $1 million ride — first of its kind in Northwest

Source:
https://www.idahostatesman.com/lates...68/Capture.JPG

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 6:24 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 3:01 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post

in the time it's taking them to construct those stairs, they could've installed an elevator and finished the two spires that the church was originally supposed to have.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 8:44 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
in the time it's taking them to construct those stairs, they could've installed an elevator and finished the two spires that the church was originally supposed to have.

Hopefully the towers are in their plans at some point. They have done a great job of matching the new stone to the historic existing stone so I'm sure they could pull the towers off without looking tacky.
I have some updated photos of the stairs I might post soon.

Last edited by Sawtooth; Aug 18, 2019 at 8:59 PM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 8:59 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Sunday

11th and Idaho

it is no more

mid-block

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 5:06 PM

Does anyone have info on the status of this project?

https://themetboise.com/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West