HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 5:41 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

807-825 Montreal Rd | 32m | 10f | Approved

An application has been received from The Darwin Group for the redevelopment of 807, 811, 817 and 825 Montreal Road. The site is located on the north side of Montreal Road between Codd’s Road and Lang’s Road. It has an area of 5,715.7m2 and a frontage of 76 metres along Montreal Road, and is currently vacant.

The proposal is for the development of a nine storey office building with a lobby entrance located along the west side of the building. The ground floor will be occupied by two commercial units with separate entrances along Montreal Road. Two levels of underground parking are proposed with some surface parking being provided at the rear and west of the building.

Development application:
http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__0SUEFY

chmiel architects

Rendering:

Map:

Siteplan:

Last edited by rocketphish; Jan 8, 2018 at 3:20 AM. Reason: Updated link

Old Posted Apr 28, 2019, 9:47 PM
National Capital Region

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 4:24 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

I didn't realize that this proposal had changed from an office building to a rental apartment building.

"The owners of 807-825 Montreal Road are proposing a 10-storey mixed-use apartment building containing 152 units and an adjacent 2-storey open air parking deck, serving both tenants and visitors."

The ground floor will be occupied by a residential lobby entrance at the south-west corner of the building, and commercial units with separate entrances along Montreal Road. Two levels of above-grade parking are proposed at the rear of the site with some commercial surface parking provided at the east of the building.

The proposed mixed-use building will include commercial/retail uses on the ground floor and residential units throughout the remainder of the building. Units range from 497 sq.ft to 1200 sq.ft with unit types varying from studios to two bedrooms.

Unit breakdown:
Levels 2-4: 19 units (1 x guest, 14 x 1 br, 4 x 2 br)
Levels 5-6: 19 units (1 x studio, 13 x 1 br, 5 x 2 br)
Levels 7-9: 18 units (1 x studio, 14 x 1 br, 3 x 2 br)
Levels 10: 3 units (2 x 1 bed+den, 1 x 2 bed)
Total: 152 units (3 x guest, 5 x studio, 112 x 1 br, 32 x 2 br)

Architect: Figurr Architect Collective

Last edited by rocketphish; Jan 17, 2021 at 3:54 AM. Reason: Added details

Old Posted Jan 17, 2021, 3:55 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Approved on 2020-12-01 with a slightly updated design:

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 9:39 PM

Anyone know why the delay on development on this one? Darwin Group, I believe?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2024, 11:02 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolonel View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I don't have an answer for you, but according to the Environmental Site Assessment:

"Paterson was engaged to conduct this Phase I – ESA by Mr. Anthony Nicolini, of Darwin Group Ottawa, whose office is located at 183 Michael Cowpland Drive, Ottawa, Ontario. Mr. Nicolini can be reached by telephone at (613) 224-6200."

https://webcast.ottawa.ca/plan/All_I...201%20ESA5.PDF

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolonel View Post
Previous development on that stretch of Montreal Rd had affected the well water that all the houses on Fairhaven Way rely on - according to this : https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...tion-1.6257543

According to Geo Ottawa - there's no city water, and no sewer service (or fire hydrants) for that street. Apparently it would cost $1m per house to connect them all up - since the houses are build on bedrock. I assume that price is for all three services.

However - the builder could just pay for some water treatment equipment for each house - assuming they don't already have their own.

UV water sterilizers for an entire home are only $500 to $600 CDN, and they're extremely effective. Then there's reverse osmosis filters and ozone generators. Assuming the problem is just bacteria and viruses, then this should be a non-issue.

I hope they already have something - I wouldn't want to drink untreated ground water.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa