HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 4:51 AM

Looks like a nice place.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 6:47 PM

Loved these pictues of Summit and Madison. Lived in NJ for a while, but never made it to these towns, and did not realize they had such interesting downtowns. Thanks for sharing.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2013, 2:54 AM
Beer Stampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Alot of his pictures are taken on depressing days , or quiet days as we call around here and they often make the towns or cities look rather rundown or empty.... Summit and Madison are nice towns , but these photos make it look depressing and dead rather then busy and festive which is what these towns are most of the time or the Urban areas.
I can't speak for the other photographers on SSP, but I prefer doing threads this time of year when it's cloudy due to the positioning of the sun. When it's clear outside, the sun is so low that it's difficult to get a good picture with the glare. When I'm in the opposite direction and I'm trying to take a picture of a building the sun is shining on, it's usually too bright for it to show up well on my camera. I'm sure there are cameras that can fix that, but I don't have a high-end DSLR..plus I'm not very good at figuring things out since I'm not very camera savvy...but anyway....

Very good pictures as always Thundertubs. Neat suburb!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos