HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 7:33 PM

Pet-friendly St. John's

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time thread maker...

I recently moved back into St. John's after spending time all over Canada. One thing I noticed is that pet culture is different all over (I personally liked Kingston the most). What I am wondering is the following:

1. What is the best pet walks in town (I go on the For Love of Dogs walks, and they're amazing).

2. Besides pet stores, where are there pet friendly businesses in St. John's?

3. How do you guys feel about pet friendly businesses? Would you avoid places that actively allowed in dogs? Would you shop their more often?

My dog does go everywhere with me, and often does go into stores. I'm personally more likely to shop places that I know my 4 legged friend is welcomed.

Not sure if this really fits into the skyscaper forums, but I wanna throw it out there and see what opinions exist.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 7:42 PM

One thing I noticed in Southern California was how pet friendly they are down there. It wasn't uncommon to see people walking around strip malls, even indoor malls and restaurants with their dogs with them. Most weren't small dogs either! It kind of shocked me! I would love to be able to take my Chocolate Lab everywhere with me, but besides pet stores I can't think of any other pet-friendly businesses off the top of my head. Anything outside I guess

I would love it if St. John's was a more pet friendly city, but it doesn't strike me as very pet friendly. I don't know much about the whole pet situation in St. john's though, so my opinion is rather worthless

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 7:46 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

I have two indoor cats so I don't have to worry about getting them out and about - but, yes, I would be willing to make an effort to support pet-friendly businesses in town.

I find it's hard to be a renter here with pets - it took me a while to find a place that was explicitly pet-friendly.

What are these dog walks you mention? Do you all go en masse?

(EDIT: Just added a hyphen to the title; hope you don't mind!)

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
What are these dog walks you mention? Do you all go en masse?

(EDIT: Just added a hyphen to the title; hope you don't mind!)
Yup. They do go en masse. Normally 20-50 pets show up, although I'm sure there has been weeks with a few and weeks with a lot of dogs. My little guy loves it, mostly because he is a social butterfly and just loves smelling dog bum (I'm certain he knows what they had for dinner last night...).

It's also nice socializing for adults, but mostly it's about the pups.

The group exists on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/groups/thetheloveofdogs

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 8:26 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's