HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 3:03 PM

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 8:31 PM

TomofBoston - thanks for the link. Very interesting. Hope they get the building renovated as promised.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 8:43 PM
Low on the food chain

Super awesome! Everything looks so pleasant. Did you just happen upon that round house? Lucky find if so! I used to walk by it often when I had a girlfriend living a couple of blocks from there but never knew its story, so a second thanks for the link, TomOfBoston.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 1:18 AM

Nice tour. Some of the scenes made me think of northern New Jersey. Other scenes, like the wooden houses, are typical Boston metro.

There's quite a few distinctive buildigs there, like that little railway car diner, the round house towards the end, and that Medieval Revival house at the end.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 6:38 PM
Dandy Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColDayMan View Post
Excellent job! I think it goes without saying that everytime I see "Somerville" I see "JBoston."
This is where I grew up!

Expat, you covered my stomping grounds extensively. Even the picture of McGrath Highway looking towards the Pru is where my dad and I used to pick up my mom when she worked at Bradlees (which is now Target). Between this thread and the Saugus thread, you have unknowingly documented everywhere I've been in Boston as a kid. Oh the nostalgia! I'm assuming you went to Neighborhood Restaurant in Union, which apparently has the best breakfast in town. I was in town this past weekend so I'm sure we were both in Davis at the same time. Boston is just so beautiful this time of year.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 8:32 PM

@xzmattzx - Thanks for your comment! I don't know which house you mean - Medieval?

@Pigboy - Yes, stumbled into the Round House. Pure luck. I was getting annoyed with a trash truck & decided to turn left rather than continue. And then, BOOM! There was the Round House. And of course, I slammed on the brakes & hopped out of the car.

@JBoston - Yes, I had breakfast at the Neighborhood Restaurant. I love their breakfast. If you saw a chubby guy taking hundreds of pictures, that was me.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos