HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 4:34 PM
the first stamp is free

^ it's softening now. Our realtor told us only around 30% of houses are going for at or over list currently.

We just sold in Wolseley. Our house went for list. I think it should have gone higher, but c'est la vie.

We were advised to list for "what we want" as bidding wars are no longer the norm.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
^ it's softening now. Our realtor told us only around 30% of houses are going for at or over list currently.

We just sold in Wolseley. Our house went for list. I think it should have gone higher, but c'est la vie.

We were advised to list for "what we want" as bidding wars are no longer the norm.
Yeah the market is considered "balanced" right now, as opposed to the sellers market that we had for a while. I noticed one of my neighbours recently dropped their asking by $15k after the house was on the market for a few weeks.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Sept 2011 pricing I was quoted for Sky2 was $281k for a 950 sq ft two bedroom unit. The largest unit which was 1524 sq ft with two beds and two baths was $409k. That was 2 and a half years ago but I see your point.
Sounds about right. I went last spring to the show suite and they didn't have much left, but there was a one bedroom 700 something sq ft for about $255.

Is there a thread about those 62M "spaceship condos" Waterfront near Higgins/Disraeli (north of the cubes)?
http://62m.ca/

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet View Post

Is there a thread about those 62M "spaceship condos" Waterfront near Higgins/Disraeli (north of the cubes)?
http://62m.ca/
There is no thread exclusive to the 62M proposal you've mentioned. It would be difficult to create a thread for every 40 unit proposal due to the current SSP Winnipeg format and the sheer number of condominium, residential, multi-family or even TOD being discussed in Winnipeg and Manitoba. Most will be added to the construction thread, Osborne Village/Crescentwood or the Exchange district....etc..( It has been discussed some where in Construction at one time and listed in the OP of the thread)

An all purpose "Winnipeg Proposal Thread", could include the multitude of smaller projects in the planning stages/being proposed or in the construction phase but has not yet been started

http://www.5468796.ca/ | 5468796 architecture has more details on this particular project.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 5:48 PM

Does anybody know if this thing is under construction yet? There was a crew on site. Wonder if they're still puttering around or actually doing something.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 5:59 PM

they laid gravel all over the site recently.. is this common practice for a construction site?

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
they laid gravel all over the site recently.. is this common practice for a construction site?
They've also left the tractor that laid the gravel sitting on the site for the past couple of weeks. A tiny trailer was added today too. If it isn't for the start of construction, maybe it's a marketing move? A "hey, look, we're really under construction" even though they're not kind of thing?

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 7:34 PM

or a, "hey, we can fit 50 parking spots on here." kind of thing.....

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 8:01 PM

Keeps the site cleaner if it's gravelled. Especially for piling/caissons one would think. On a $60M project a couple thousand worth of gravel would seem like a good investment if it keeps people from sliding around on the clay.

So to answer my question. No, they're still puttering around.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Keeps the site cleaner if it's gravelled. Especially for piling/caissons one would think. On a $60M project a couple thousand worth of gravel would seem like a good investment if it keeps people from sliding around on the clay.

So to answer my question. No, they're still puttering around.
I was pretty sure that was the case, but at the rate this project is proceeding I had to wonder.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 10:24 PM

The bull dozer has a subterranean decal on it. I am guessing they are waiting for one of the rigs to be available.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 4:53 PM

Can anyone confirm whether this proposal has been re-designed at 20F rather then the initial 24F?

Other points: At grade commercial space and the parking situation, as it stood would have added above grade level parking, not underground?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 6:56 PM

Updating specific projects mentioned in the Construction thread.

Quote:
July 16 groundbreaking ceremony for the oft-delayed D Condo project on Assiniboine Avenue.

The D Condo project has also seen good presale numbers. Sandhu said 64 of the 91 units have already been sold, and the buyers have ranged from young professionals to retirees.

When the project was first unveiled in 2012, Sandhu said he hoped to begin construction before the end of that year. Since it involved a riverbank property, it took much longer than expected to finalize the design plans and obtain city approval, he said.

Number of storeys: 24 (including five-storey above-ground parkade)

Unit prices: Most are priced at between $363,900 to $732,000. But there are two penthouse units priced at $1.2 million and $1.5 million each.

- source: Sandhu Developments Inc. via freep

Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 8:26 PM

Looks like dCondo will have the light coloured version of the CentrePoint podium panelling.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Looks like dCondo will have the light coloured version of the CentrePoint podium panelling.
It does look like it is similiar to the Alt podium. The rendering is not exactly high quality but you can see the resemblance.

Up to $732,000 for units !! (-) the 1Million + Units. Well, many have said this wouldn't happen in the Peg or would work or was financially feasible. Very odd?

Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 9:11 PM

I was talking to the sales agent a while back, whatever her name is. She said there are tenants that have combined units, similar to what was said for Glasshouse. So I think the $1M+ plus suites are two units combined. Whatever, doesn't matter. It's still a big deal for Winnipeg to have $1M+ condos downtown! Those must be some nice suites by the way. Looks like they have the high ceilings and almost 270 views, if there's two penthouse units.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 9:20 PM

^ Hey, you can even spend $2.5M on the old Asper condo in Osborne Village if you want to!

http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetai...rtyId=12557163

That building must have been a terrible investment for anyone who bought a unit there ... I remember there were $1,000,000 condos when it was first built about 13 years ago, which was unheard of at the time... they haven't gone up in value at all since then, as there are whole-floor, bare-wall units for sale now for $1M just like a decade ago.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I was talking to the sales agent a while back, whatever her name is. She said there are tenants that have combined units, similar to what was said for Glasshouse. So I think the $1M+ plus suites are two units combined. Whatever, doesn't matter. It's still a big deal for Winnipeg to have $1M+ condos downtown! Those must be some nice suites by the way. Looks like they have the high ceilings and almost 270 views, if there's two penthouse units.
I've seen condos on waterfront listed for over a million.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 12:45 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Hey, you can even spend $2.5M on the old Asper condo in Osborne Village if you want to!

That building must have been a terrible investment for anyone who bought a unit there ... I remember there were $1,000,000 condos when it was first built about 13 years ago, which was unheard of at the time... they haven't gone up in value at all since then, as there are whole-floor, bare-wall units for sale now for $1M just like a decade ago.
I was told by someone who has worked in One Wellington that only one suite is occupied in that building, down from a high of two!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post

My favorite is the $2500/mth condo fees and $40k/yr property taxes...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan