HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 3:30 AM

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 5:51 AM

Heartline progress as of this last (grey and showery) Sunday:

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 5:14 PM

Photos from early September

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 2:13 AM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Photos from early September

Early planning for the Pearl District established that there would be some pedestrian-only east-west streets (e.g. Irving and Kearney). Was there also some directive or enticement to get developers to build north-south pedestrian ways through their blocks as you see with this project and a number of completed projects?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 5:33 AM

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 1:15 AM

From Eater Portland:

Quote:
POKE IN THE PEARL—Owner Kristofor Lofgren said he wouldn’t open another Bamboo Sushi in Portland after the West End location, but he didn’t say anything about poke. Bamboo Sushi sister-restaurant Quickfish Poke Bar is opening a second Portland location at 1241 NW Johnson St., according to a press release from the Urban Works real estate group. It aims to turn on the lights in spring 2018.

Quickfish was founded during Portland’s poke-slposion of 2016 and has already expanded to Denver, with more locations in the works around the country. [EaterWire]

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 12:59 PM

Crane came down yesterday.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 10:18 PM

A few shots from Jan 11:

20180111_123256 by Ryan Miller, on Flickr

20180111_123031 by Ryan Miller, on Flickr

20180111_123334 by Ryan Miller, on Flickr

20180111_123346 by Ryan Miller, on Flickr

20180111_142307 by Ryan Miller, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 4:29 PM

I very much like the brick office portion - It fits well into the neighborhood, warehouse character. Hopefully the tower will end up as appealing as the renderings made it seem. Thank you for the updated pictures!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 12:13 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

I forgot the smaller brick building will be offices. I was thinking it was apartments too. I agree with you, ORNative. I like it a lot. It really fits the neighborhood. As soon as it's done it won't look new, and I mean that in a good way. It looks like it'll fit right in.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 5:46 PM

Vacasa, expecting to hire hundreds, will expand into new Pearl building
Updated 8:44 AM; Posted 8:44 AM
By Mike Rogoway mrogoway@oregonian.com
The Oregonian/OregonLive

http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-fo...ntire_new.html

Quote:
Fueled by more than $100 million in new investment, vacation rental management company Vacasa on Tuesday said it will occupy all the office space in a new, five-story building in Northwest Portland's Pearl District.

The vacation rental management company's new headquarters will take the top four floors of the five-story Heartline building, due to open this summer. The additional 61,000 square feet will provide space for 300 employees or more, eventually.

Vacasa will retain its current, 36,000-square-foot office across the street from the Heartline on Northwest 13th Avenue. Vacasa said it will sublease some of that space for a time but still expects to have ample room to double the 320 it employs in Portland. It's also expanding a satellite office in Boise, doubling its size to 30,000 square feet.
(continues)...

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 6:37 AM

NYT write-up by Brian Libby. Some nice photos as well.

In Portland, Ore., One Project With 2 Styles Reflects Its Neighborhood
Brian Libby, 6/12/18 NYT

"The N.W. 13th Avenue Historic District ends just one block to the southwest, which meant Heartline would avoid some scrutiny..."

^^^no kidding

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 5:50 PM

I like this project in general and I'm looking forward to checking out the courtyard when it opens, but I'm not convinced by the bright yellow french doors on the midrise building. They were represented in the design review drawings, but came across very subtly in the renderings, and so I wasn't expecting them.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 1:19 AM

Quote:
Heartline: an alternative to the podium

A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to write a New York Times article about the new Heartline development in the Pearl District, designed by Seattle architecture firm Mithun for developer Security Properties.

If you had told me a year or two ago that I would be writing positively about a new project on this site, I would have been quite surprised. After all, this is the block that was long home to the Pacific Northwest College of Art's Feldman Building, a renovated warehouse that I'd spent the better part of 20 years visiting. The Feldman always felt like a hive of activity on the inside, where a double-height central space encircled by mezzanines made for a kind of architectural core sample. Then there was the exterior paint job, a remarkable invented language of squares and rectangles created by designer Randy Higgins to transpose an Arthur Rimbaud poem.

Maybe there wasn't anything extraordinary about the Feldman's architecture, for there was no beautiful exposed brick inside and the building was largely windowless. Yet the demolition of the Feldman seemed like an unwanted precedent, where the old warehouses that defined the first wave of regeneration in the Pearl began to be demolished as the neighborhood cannibalized itself in favor of taller, newer buildings. And while PNCA didn't move out of the neighborhood — they now occupy the Beaux-Arts former federal building at 511 Broadway on the east edge of the Pearl—the old location placed a cultural institution in the heart of the district where now it feels like little more than condos, parks and a few offices.
...continues at Portland Architecture.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Bamboo Sushi’s Third Poke Palace Will Open in the Pearl

As Bamboo Sushi continues to build its school across the country, a local offshoot is opening in the Pearl. QuickFish, Bamboo’s fast-casual “poke bowl” restaurant, will open its third location in the Heartline Building, the new development at 1241 NW Johnson Street. Sustainable Restaurant Group, the company behind both restaurants, has opened two other QuickFish locations in the US: The first in downtown Portland, and then a second in Denver.
...continues at Eater Portland.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 2:10 AM

https://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-f...ipo_moves.html

Quote:
Vacasa, preparing for IPO, moves into new Pearl District HQ
Updated 2:11 PM; Posted 11:40 AM
By Mike Rogoway mrogoway@oregonian.com
The Oregonian/OregonLive

Vacasa chief executive Eric Breon moves around a lot.

He might start his day in a lounge on one floor, move later to a work nook on a higher level, then finish the morning working on his laptop on the Portland company's new rooftop deck.

Vacasa is touting its new, 61,000-square-foot headquarters in Portland's Pearl District. It's a showcase office for the vacation rental management company, which is laying the groundwork for a potential initial public offering.

Anticipating mammoth growth, Vacasa retained a lease on its former headquarters across the street when it moved into the new office in August. The company has 400 employees in Portland now and expects to hire hundreds more in the coming years. It designed its new office to be a recruiting tool in the city's highly competitive technology job market.

Designed by GBD Architects, Vacasa's new headquarters supplements 409 desks with 26 private rooms, 17 nooks and 25 communal spaces. Conference rooms all have exterior windows, and some of the common spaces are outdoors, on little decks carved out of the floor plan to give workers another option to get some air during their workday.
...(continues)

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Photos: Inside Vacasa’s new Pearl District office

Vacation rental property management firm Vacasa has moved into a new office at the recently completed Heartline development in the Pearl District. The firm occupies all 61,000 square feet of Heartline’s office space, with four floors of office and conference areas, a ground-floor lobby with a coffee bar, and a sprawling rooftop deck. The tenant improvement was designed by GBD Architects and built by Swinerton Builders. The Heartline project, which also includes a 15-story mixed-use residential tower, designed by Mithun and built by general contractor Andersen Construction for developer Security Properties.

...continues at the DJC (no paywall).

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Hugely Popular Fast-Food Spot Super Deluxe Will Open a Restaurant in the Pearl

Super Deluxe, the massively popular Foster-Powell burger spot, is doubling down. Owners Matt Lynch and Micah Camden have confirmed that the next Super Deluxe will open in the Pearl District, steps from their popular dairy-free ice cream shop Little Bean.

Yesterday, Instagram account @foodbellypdx spotted newly-papered windows for a second Super Deluxe in the Heartline building, home to restaurants like Little Bean, Kure, and Quickfish. Lynch confirmed that a Super Deluxe would open in that space via email. “Well, as much as it pains me to disappoint anybody that was hoping our next shop would be the dilapidated [Burger King] on Broadway and 33rd (we were trying…), we’re proud to announce the opening of our second shop... just blocks away from where Micah and I started our burger flipping dreams together nearly 10 years ago,” Lynch writes.
...continues at Eater Portland.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland