HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 9, 2017, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
Graze Burgers will open 2nd location on Broadway/Craycroft. if you're new to Tucson, check out this place!
https://tucsonfoodie.com/2017/07/04/...cond-location/

I like Graze and this is a great building, but I'm pretty sure Tucson's first Habit Burger is going in pretty much right next door to this.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2017, 1:35 AM

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
Finally!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 3:26 PM

Anyone notice a pattern here on the west side? Aside from the single family homes every commercial deal has involved government funding. Senior Housing (HUD), Mercado (tax credits), and now this one (low income housing tax credits).

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPueblo$ View Post
Anyone notice a pattern here on the west side? Aside from the single family homes every commercial deal has involved government funding. Senior Housing (HUD), Mercado (tax credits), and now this one (low income housing tax credits).
I don't see how this differs from any other part of downtown.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 5:22 PM

Umm most projects downtown are done with traditional equity and lending sources. A LIHTC deal, a HUD deal, a new markets tax credit deal is not the same as a project receiving tax incentives with a GPLET.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPueblo$ View Post
Umm most projects downtown are done with traditional equity and lending sources. A LIHTC deal, a HUD deal, a new markets tax credit deal is not the same as a project receiving tax incentives with a GPLET.
The Mercado Annex is being financed by traditional lenders and Rio Nuevo, just like most of the other Rio Nuevo-backed projects downtown. The tax credits awarded to West End Station were also awarded to the Marist, Downtown Motor Apartments, Rally Point Apartments, West Point Apartments, and 7th Avenue Commons. By my count, that's a majority of all housing construction on the east side of 10 downtown.

I'm still not sure what the point here is anyway. Everyone knows the City and Rio Nuevo are trying to push development west of the highway.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
I'm still not sure what the point here is anyway. Everyone knows the City and Rio Nuevo are trying to push development west of the highway.
I think he is pointing out that many of the developments are not market rate apartments. That many of them are low income/senior/veteran... is that what you are pointing out?
I personally have no issue with this. The ridiculously expensive, high income condos or apartments will come eventually. If the point is that the west of I-10 area is getting funding any differently than the east of I-10 portion of Downtown then I dunno. Ted is exactly right that this doesn't differ from the majority of developments throughout downtown, including all the ones he listed.

Last edited by cdsuofa; Jul 17, 2017 at 1:45 PM.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 3:08 AM

Looks like Rio Nuevo will be talking about getting Hotel Arizona to re-open at their next meeting. What's the over/under on amount of public money Lopez wants?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Looks like Rio Nuevo will be talking about getting Hotel Arizona to re-open at their next meeting. What's the over/under on amount of public money Lopez wants?
Having stayed there a couple years before it closed, I gotta figure they're looking at $50+ million to renovate it. At that figure, I'm sure they'd ask for $48 or $49 million in RN investment and other subsidies.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Think Humberto will want every Tucsonan's first born ahaha. Seriously though, Ted is probably about right. Man, if only he was willing to create a single development combining the Hotel and in place of La Placita doing something like a small indoor shopping center w/ restaurants and maybe apartments above that. Have the Hotel and the shopping center connected and flow into the convention center and the other TCC venues. Anyways, thank god it's back on the table again because give that structure a few more years of neglect, it wont even be salvageable.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 10:28 PM

Buckmaster Show

http://www.buckmastershow.com/2017/0...wntown-tucson/

Here is a recent interview about downtown with Fletcher McCusker.

btw I had to click on download to listen to it.

Some interesting things to note but nothing new or shocking.

-It will take four months to clean old landfill out for future site of Caterpiller.

-Rio Nuevo modeled their business model after a trip to San Diego a few years ago in which downtown development is being done through partnerships.

-Rio nuevo is putting one million dollars a month towards paying off old rio nuevo borrowed bonds.

-Fletcher says we will most likely not see a new arena instead they are focusing on renovations for TCC citing that we will always be mid tier city for concerts and entertainment.

-Hotel Arizona is on the agenda for next meeting as mentioned before.

-Rio Nuevo is acquiring around 50 properties on Broadway to repurpose them instead of demolishing them for widening.

-There is not much interest in retail downtown. (which I think could change when we see more people relocate there).

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 6:30 PM

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3...izona-downtown

Bud Foster mentions the Convention Center hotel has hit a "speed bump". Any ideas what he is referring to? Also sounds like it has gone from 120 rooms down to 80.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 5:33 PM

Albq Sol FC Stadium Feasibility Study

I really hope the City/County, especially the County, are seeing this. Phoenix is planning on building a MLS stadium, now Albq is strongly pushing for a USL (2nd tier to MLS) stadium. FC Tucson and the community really need to get something done with their stadium/soccer field plans because other jurisdictions in AZ will be looking to take our MLS training away...and teams can/will be sold on better accommodations and facilities. A stadium and additional fields will 1) assist FC Tucson in being promoted to the USL and 2) secure our stronghold of MLS teams training here, and 3) bring youth soccer tournaments to S. AZ. Money, jobs, pride, tourism. Hockey is not S. AZ. Soccer is S. AZ. Invest in the right sport. UofA does not have a men's soccer team.

Last point, our potential stadium does not need to be located with the practice fields. Albq is smart for looking to place their stadium close to downtown. (Learn from the past!)

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 8:18 PM

Hub 3 renderings:

Lots of other renderings on PRO.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
Albq Sol FC Stadium Feasibility Study

I really hope the City/County, especially the County, are seeing this. Phoenix is planning on building a MLS stadium, now Albq is strongly pushing for a USL (2nd tier to MLS) stadium. FC Tucson and the community really need to get something done with their stadium/soccer field plans because other jurisdictions in AZ will be looking to take our MLS training away...and teams can/will be sold on better accommodations and facilities. A stadium and additional fields will 1) assist FC Tucson in being promoted to the USL and 2) secure our stronghold of MLS teams training here, and 3) bring youth soccer tournaments to S. AZ. Money, jobs, pride, tourism. Hockey is not S. AZ. Soccer is S. AZ. Invest in the right sport. UofA does not have a men's soccer team.

Last point, our potential stadium does not need to be located with the practice fields. Albq is smart for looking to place their stadium close to downtown. (Learn from the past!)
Obviously I agree, look at my picture

Las Vegas is in the process of getting a USL team as well and has MLS aspirations. If we don't do something to improve our facilities soon Phoenix will probably take the MLS Spring Training. That is until they move up to MLS themselves.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2017, 3:27 PM

Vector Launch Facility RFP Hits the Street

Pretty interesting approach...glad to see Vector moving forward.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 4:53 AM

In extremely surprising news, Projects International submitted a Rezoning Pre-Submittal Conference Request this week for their project at Speedway and Campbell. So, it's not dead after all.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 5:00 AM

Also, drove by Culinary Dropout today and the carwash on the northeast corner of Grant and Tucson is almost completely demolished. Looked up that lot on PRO and it's slated to be approximately 7,500 square feet of retail mixed between food service and a gym.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 11:35 PM

Does anyone have more information on the possible CVS Drug Store in the Chicago Building? An announcement was made 2 months ago that a letter of intent had been signed, but there's no activity at the building and no announcement that it will be opening.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest