HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 6:43 PM

Astra

Too soon?

New tallest for Phoenix!!! (Hoping a new thread helps to push it to reality!)

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...ostcount=16065

Last edited by combusean; Jan 16, 2020 at 7:46 PM. Reason: fixed yer link

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Too soon?

New tallest for Phoenix!!! (Hoping a new thread helps to push it to reality!)

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...ostcount=16065
I think it's more real now than ever. Aspirant is proving to be a formidable developer for Phoenix. That with the fairly detailed renderings we've seen this early into the development process, FAA height evaluations submitted and word-of-mouth (from someone that appears to know someone on the inside) that Aspirant is just waiting for approvals from Phoenix, I'm really excited that this may indeed happen.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 3:42 PM

Posting these renderings Ronnie obtained for the sake of having them in the Astra thread and because they're getting buried in the other thread.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 11:45 PM

Phoenix will truly be a different city when these go up. The center of gravity downtown shifting a bit to the west with development accelerating in all directions. Really hope to hear about a groundbreaking soon!

Old Posted Jan 20, 2020, 8:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Phoenix will truly be a different city when these go up. The center of gravity downtown shifting a bit to the west with development accelerating in all directions. Really hope to hear about a groundbreaking soon!
I'm also looking forward to this project becoming a reality. It would be nice to see some development on the west side once these are up 🤞

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:32 PM

Looks like this is incorporating a paseo -- is this aligned with the Taylor Mall, will it be open to traffic, pedestrian-only, or is it basically a driveway?

For such a large property, I was pleasantly surprised to see the design as I 100% expected to see a megaproject with a massive base vs. 2 totally separated towers. Unfortunate that it is being phased, but not surprising given the heights and uses.

Doesn't the number of entrances/exits dedicated to parking seem high, or no? Regardless, it would be great if this had been how its western neighbor had been developed vs. the ASU dorm project. And, hopefully, at some point, blights like that garage on VB/1st Ave will be redeveloped in a similar fashion and lead to a WVB corridor of high rises, large floorplate retail, and a canyon-like boulevard of multiple uses as had been intended by early planning/zoning docs for downtown.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
Looks like this is incorporating a paseo -- is this aligned with the Taylor Mall, will it be open to traffic, pedestrian-only, or is it basically a driveway?

For such a large property, I was pleasantly surprised to see the design as I 100% expected to see a megaproject with a massive base vs. 2 totally separated towers. Unfortunate that it is being phased, but not surprising given the heights and uses.

Doesn't the number of entrances/exits dedicated to parking seem high, or no? Regardless, it would be great if this had been how its western neighbor had been developed vs. the ASU dorm project. And, hopefully, at some point, blights like that garage on VB/1st Ave will be redeveloped in a similar fashion and lead to a WVB corridor of high rises, large floorplate retail, and a canyon-like boulevard of multiple uses as had been intended by early planning/zoning docs for downtown.
Well, it's too early in the game to really say. I'm not sure these are the final designs or if changes will be made to satisfy the City of Phoenix. Hopefully, we will see more in the next couple months as to the specific details.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest