HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 6:39 PM

Ottawa will be the first in Canada to have this kind of technology? It's not everyday we're ahead of the curve.

Looking at the rendering though, I'm not impressed yet. As someone else said, the only amazing feature is the roof. The TV screen looks small.

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
I'm hoping it will be something similar to FlamesCentral in Calgary.
I looked up FlamesCentral just now for the first time. Looks like an amazing place. It even looks a bit better than Real Sports in my opinion. I don't think the Sens will pull off anything close to that.

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 10:50 PM

The 'giant' TV screen will measure 16ft by 9ft.

According to Real Sports' website their "giant" TV is 27ft. They also have 99 TVs spread across 12,000sqft of space on two floors. Any idea how much sqft this location is since it is only the upper floor. Seems to me it would be kind of small. Nevertheless, I hope they play other sports even if the Sens Game is on. That way they will target a broader amount of people. Obviously have most of the TVs on the Sens game but not everything on it!

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 11:31 PM

Last edited by Harley613; May 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM. Reason: resolution change

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 3:14 AM

To Harley613:

Not sure which section is the right section to say this to you (because I don't want to repeat myself and technically there is no proper page for it but...)

THANK YOU for all the wonderful picture updates you've been taking over the last few days! It's been great!!

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 3:25 AM

Hey you're welcome! I enjoy taking them and sharing them, I'm glad you guys appreciate it!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 9:37 PM

Hard Rock Café

Sens House/Lowertown Bruwery

http://www.thesenshouse.ca/

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 9:53 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Senators stake out new turf with ByWard Market sports bar

Vito Pilieci, Ottawa Citizen
Published on: July 25, 2014, Last Updated: July 25, 2014 12:35 PM EDT

Guest enjoy the big screen during a ceremonial grand opening of Sens House, the official sports bar of the Ottawa Senators, in the Byward Mark at 73 York St. Thursday, July 24, 2014.

With the official opening of the Sens House bar on Thursday, the rivalry between Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs fans has gained a new battleground: the ByWard Market.

The new bar, which has a retractable roof and an 18-foot high-definition screen for watching games, aims to give fans of the hometown Senators a game-night place in the market to call their own.

The site located on York Street — a block north of the posh Real Sports Bar & Grill, which is owned by Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE).

Sens House promises 250 seats for die-hard fans of the red-and-black. The wood-panelled second-floor pub was packed with invited guests and dignitaries for its opening Thursday, including Mayor Jim Watson and Senators president Cyril Leeder. The event was kicked off by the opening of the roof and the release of red, black and gold balloons.

“We really wanted to find and create something that Senators fans can call home. This (is) a bar built for Sens fans,” said Mike Wallace, senior director of marketing for the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club. “This is something we wanted to do for a number of years. It’s one of things that over a number of years has been developed and refined.”

Wallace said Sens House will be the place to be for Sens fans who can’t attend the game live, but it won’t turn away any other teams’ fans, including those wearing blue and white, who might wander in looking for a place to watch hockey.

“The great thing about hockey is competition,” said Wallace. “We know there are other fans in the market that want to come out and watch their teams as well.”

There are few sports towns like Ottawa where the relatively young Senators franchise must compete with long-standing allegiances to such hockey rivals as the Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins. Seeing a Senators home game with the Canadian Tire Centre packed to the rafters with blue and white Leafs jerseys, largely due to the availability and price of tickets, has become a bit of a thorn in the side of Senators fans across the capital.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...ket-sports-bar

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 8:52 PM

Thats what the Sens House looks like? I would love to sit on one of those stools by the wall under the big screen, that would be so AWESOME!

How sad! Who did the interior design? BRUTAL

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radster View Post
Thats what the Sens House looks like? I would love to sit on one of those stools by the wall under the big screen, that would be so AWESOME!

How sad! Who did the interior design? BRUTAL
I have not been inside but from the pictures I tend to agree. It reminds me of Berts bar at the arena...and not in a good way.

Just a really bad overly corporate place.

I love the way they tried to describe the screen and being brighter after it became clear the one at real sports is bigger...plus the place is nicer. Not cheap but some people like that sort of thing and will pay.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 3:24 AM

Visited the place yesterday. The place looks nice you can tell they put a lot of focus on the retractable roof. Some of the seating doesn't make sense there a lot of stools that face a wall. if this is a response to real sports bar it falls short. basically feel like a moxie's with sens branding.

Food is good though.

The copper ice channel on the main bar is a nice touch.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation