HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:33 PM

well, I managed to find a spot where you can buy a 5 game pack but it was near impossible to find.

Their digital presence is a disaster. If you go to this site:

http://ottsenators.com/seasonseats/

You still can't get to a buy page for season, half season or 10 packs.

I bought the 5 game pack to support the team and its the most one seems to be able to purchase online. I contend their biggest issue is fan experience coupled with location but their digital ecommerce is a disaster.

They've got a lot of work to do to clean up the digital side of their sales in these package categories and if I were them, I'd work on the things they can control instead of making the fans feel like second class citizens.

Edit: I should add that when I created an account at oss.ticketmaster.com they have a link to buy 5 and 10 game packs. You click it and it says...Unfortunately there are no items for sale at this time. Please check back later as items may become available to purchase. Click "home" to return to the homepage.

Just awful

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daud View Post
There's yet another article about the senators attendance:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hock...a-e7f0cda423e0

Simple question. Can I buy a ticket package online?

I can buy a $8000 vacation package on Expedia, pay with visa.
I can buy a $6000 TV at best buy online, pay with visa.

Can I, as a new client, go to the sens website and buy a seasons ticket package.

I tried last night, either I am an idiot or they are.
Not disagreeing that it should be possible to buy online, but I'm skeptical that a significant number of fans are foregoing season tickets for this reason.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnixon View Post
Not disagreeing that it should be possible to buy online, but I'm skeptical that a significant number of fans are foregoing season tickets for this reason.
respectfully and completely disagree. I work in tech, ecommerce actually and frankly, filling a form and having some sales guy call me to try and upsell is not what I as a buyer want. Buying habits have changed immensely in the digital age. If you can't convert a sale when the emotion is there, you stand to lose it.

As it stands, I almost bought a half season package last night yet settled for a 5 game pack. they lost 15 games off me because they were not available online.

You have to understand, the decision to spend money on something extravagant like vacations, entertainment including hockey tickets is emotionally based. As a seller the worst thing you can do is give buyers time to think it over, the emotion will be gone. And that is exactly what they are doing. How many people read that article at night, said they should buy some tickets, then in the morning changed their mind?

In this day and age, I am certain they are losing sales due to poor marketing overall, especially digital marketing and sales.

Have a look at these stats:

51% of Americans prefer to shop online
96% of Americans with internet access have made an online purchase in their life, 80% in the past month alone
Ecommerce is growing 23% year-over-year
67% of Millennials and 56% of Gen Xers prefer to shop on online rather than in-store.
Nearly half (49%) of parents stated that they cannot live without online shopping.
51% of Americans think shopping online is the best way to shop, with 49% preferring shopping in-store.
43% of online shoppers have made a purchase while in bed!
Millennials and Gen Xers are nearly 3x as likely as Baby Boomers and Seniors to have made an online purchase from bed (59% v 21%).
23% of online shoppers have made an online purchase at the office.
Nearly 3 in 10 (29%) of Millennials and Gen Xers have made a purchase from the office.

My question is why would you want to cut yourself from this exploding market channel? The sens have identified seasons tickets and packages as their weak spot and it is the one product segment of their offerings that is not available online!

Not offering the purchase is a ridiculous mistake-they can still upsell after purchase if thats so important to them-but get them in before they change their mind.

I don't mean to be excessively thorough in my analysis, but I really like having NHL hockey and when I discovered this last night, I couldn't believe it.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 7:52 PM

^Hmmm interesting story. And I completely agree, they need to make sure everything is accessible and 100% easy and quick online in order to maximize season ticket sales.

I work in grocery retailing and even something as simple as glass doors in the freezer aisles at the grocery store are often considered hurtful for business as it creates a "barrier" or an "extra step" to convert the browser to a shopper (even though something as opening a door is sooooooo easy, quick and simple)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation