HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 2:15 AM

Is there anyone on here who can draw a quick diagram on what the North Terminal will look like with 42 gates? If it's expandable to 42, where's any blueprint or drawing of it? It would be great to see what 42 gates will look like.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 2:33 AM

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_Forte View Post
That's an old rendering of a completely different design than the one they ended up going with. That was by Manning Architects and then Cesar Pelli came in with the design they ended up using. There's been no official word that I know of on how further expansion would end up happening. I think it would have to happen on the west side if it were to be another concourse going north to south.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 6:30 PM

If you actually look at the east side of the North Terminal, there’s a clear & visible short NECK sticking out from the main terminal & concourse. I think the next expansion will happen there to look exactly like the opposite side of the terminal.

Last edited by RickyJ; May 10, 2018 at 7:11 PM.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
Is there anyone on here who can draw a quick diagram on what the North Terminal will look like with 42 gates? If it's expandable to 42, where's any blueprint or drawing of it? It would be great to see what 42 gates will look like.
I swear I had seen a site plan once (with the current design) that showed 4 concourse arms coming off the main terminal body, but here's what I can find right now. The first image shows the expansion that was added to the original construction. The second shows a third concourse coming off that expansion. Perhaps I just imagined there being 4, because with the B and C concourses currently holding 15 gates, a third, slightly smaller concourse off that new extension could certainly hold 12.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
I swear I had seen a site plan once (with the current design) that showed 4 concourse arms coming off the main terminal body, but here's what I can find right now. The first image shows the expansion that was added to the original construction. The second shows a third concourse coming off that expansion. Perhaps I just imagined there being 4, because with the B and C concourses currently holding 15 gates, a third, slightly smaller concourse off that new extension could certainly hold 12.

That second picture is a good find. If they went with a third Concourse on the west side I'm really not sure how many gates would have. They might have to block off one or two to allow clearance to the horizontal concourse but in that picture it certainly looks like it could hold another 15 so maybe a total of around 50 (after the 35 we have now). For comparison, ATL has a little more than 200 gates and serves more than a hundred million passengers a year.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
The Rendon Apartment project is a historic renovation to a 1900’s school building located on North Rendon Street in the New Orleans Garden District. The renovation will produced 26 apartment units ranging in size from 600 SF to 1,200 SF. The historic rehab includes exterior and interior masonry restoration, wood window restoration, wood flooring restoration, a swimming pool, and new sprinkler, mechanical, electrical, and special systems.

😃 " Love THIS! "

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 1:27 AM

I know this isn't a tourism site, but the following, from UNO, makes me proud of my former home city.

Based on various rating sites and magazines, New Orleans is:

#1 Brain magnet in U.S.
#1 Most economical city in U.S.
#1 Business climate in U.S.
#1 Healthcare job growth in U.S.
#1 New York Times place to go in the U.S. for 2018
#2 Women's share of technology jobs in U.S.
#2 Favorite city in American travel
#3 City winning IT jobs battles in U.S.
#3 City to which millennials are moving in the U.S.
#4 "Coolest" city in America
#8 Happiest employees in the U.S.

Even though I haven't lived in NO for many years, I'm thankful you all take the time to keep us up-to-date on the great things happening there. Great pictures!

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 2:29 AM

If MSY wanted to expand directly to the north across from the new parking garage to build another connecting parking garage and rental car facility in the light industrial area, is this possible in the future for the North Terminal? It’s absolutely the PERFECT spot for this expansion. That whole industrial area across from the North Terminal looks like a disaster zone. So for now, passengers arriving that want a car rental have to leave the North Terminal, travel back to I-10 or Veterans, then down Airport Road to the South Terminal just to rent a car? The North Terminal absolutely needs a connecting rental car facility for easy access.

Last edited by RickyJ; May 11, 2018 at 4:47 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 4:50 AM

Nice find broadmoor. Good to see that a new CONRAC is planned to the west of the existing terminal, and that the FBO for general aviation will be moved to where the existing terminal is after demolition. Also good to see that a new taxiway is planned as that was a concern for the FAA tower guys, and that an intermodal complex is also envisioned.

Old Posted May 11, 2018, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Nice find broadmoor. Good to see that a new CONRAC is planned to the west of the existing terminal, and that the FBO for general aviation will be moved to where the existing terminal is after demolition. Also good to see that a new taxiway is planned as that was a concern for the FAA tower guys, and that an intermodal complex is also envisioned.
Thanks. I do want to point out that the image I found is by no means official. It's a lot of proposed stuff aggregated together, and it didn't come from the airport itself, so it's possible some of this went by the wayside while other parts are actually happening. For instance, there have been no announced plans to build another new rental car facility on the north side. Perhaps in a later phase, but the current one is brand new, so they'll probably be shuttling from the terminal to the rental car facility like at many airports around the country. Mainly I think it just shows us how the expansion of the terminal itself might look. I do know though that demolishing everything but the current Concourse D has been talked about at length and is likely happening.

To someone's point above, if they were to add this 3rd concourse, it would replace some of the gates they've added in the current expansion, so I think it would at most be able to handle 45 gates (15 each).

Old Posted May 12, 2018, 1:30 AM

Can someone please explain what this means. This is from the New Orleans Aviation Board meeting from April: Resolution Increasing the Not to Exceed Principal Amount of Special Facility Revenue Bonds (Consolidated PFC Garage Facility) Series 2018 to be Designated Special Facility Revenue Bonds Under the General Revenue Bond Trust Indenture form One Hundred Thirty-Five Million Dollars ($135,000,000) to Two Hundred Ten Million Dollars ($210,000,000); and Providing for Other Matters in Connection Therewith

Old Posted May 12, 2018, 5:18 AM

The first bond approval was in March, and then they upped it to 210 million in April. The current parking structures are all already paid for including the parking for the north terminal, and the wording would suggest that this could be the new consolidated rental car garage.

Old Posted May 12, 2018, 12:59 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
The first bond approval was in March, and then they upped it to 210 million in April. The current parking structures are all already paid for including the parking for the north terminal, and the wording would suggest that this could be the new consolidated rental car garage.
210 million just for a conrac? That seems pricey doesnt it... the current one cost $75million

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
210 million just for a conrac? That seems pricey doesnt it... the current one cost $75million
No, I’m sad to report it’s for a 7-story parking garage directly east of the new terminal. So with all the new glass facade that’s what you’ll be looking at. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just build the north garage bigger to preserve the elegance and views. It was a major lack of planning.

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
No, I’m sad to report it’s for a 7-story parking garage directly east of the new terminal. So with all the new glass facade that’s what you’ll be looking at. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just build the north garage bigger to preserve the elegance and views. It was a major lack of planning.
Thanks for the update...I would have preferred this be for a new CONRAC. Going to be a long shuttle ride for anyone renting a car. At least parking won't be an issue at the new terminal with two huge garages and a surface lot in place.

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 8:03 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Ok that garage must be enormous then ...like 4000 spots if its going to cost 210 million ... i never understood how they thought the new one was going to have enough parking as planned ... wendesday i had to park top floor in long term garage... there were hardly any spots in the garages ... so im glad to see they are doing a new garage... are they putting that out for bid and starting on it before the terminal opens?

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 8:46 PM

Here's a rendering of Canal Crossing / "Canal 1535" that I had not seen before:

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 10:21 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoupitoulas View Post
here's a rendering of canal crossing / "canal 1535" that i had not seen before:

nice... I like the color choices

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:16 AM

If you go onto Google & type ‘MSY New Terminal’ (or something like that) and go to images, you’ll see all the designs of the NT. If you click on enough pics, one will pop up with a GOOD rendering of the parking garage on the East side of the terminal. The pic is from a few years ago. Maybe someone could post it.

Last edited by RickyJ; May 14, 2018 at 4:33 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations