HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 7:38 PM
Exiled Hamiltonian

He got chased out of Toronto for a reason.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2017, 5:27 PM

Stinson Mansion at 109 Ontario is sold as of today for $765,000. A big drop from the initial asking of almost $900,000.

One more step towards completion of the Gibson and Beasely Lofts I suppose.

Stinson gets some well deserved criticism, but I really do hope to see all his projects succeed. He does a good job at incorporating the character of these heritage properties into his units, and even if some of the final finishes such as flooring and cabinets are nothing special he at least deserves commendation for preserving these heritage buildings. The kitchens can and will always be replaced eventually, it's the brickwork and such that will last. We have too few developers dedicated to adaptive re-use to chase any of them out of town.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconPoutine View Post
Stinson Mansion at 109 Ontario is sold as of today for $765,000. A big drop from the initial asking of almost $900,000.

Stinson gets some well deserved criticism, but I really do hope to see all his projects succeed. He does a good job at incorporating the character of these heritage properties into his units, and even if some of the final finishes such as flooring and cabinets are nothing special he at least deserves commendation for preserving these heritage buildings. The kitchens can and will always be replaced eventually, it's the brickwork and such that will last. We have too few developers dedicated to adaptive re-use to chase any of them out of town.
Wow, I know he got offered more than that some time ago and turned it down. Guess he is realizing the market isn't quite there yet. Plus the layout is beyond terrible. It's essentially a 2 bedroom with an attic.

I know his main sales agent Daniel, I actually think he is very good, he pushes back to Harry to help him see the actual market.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconPoutine View Post

That is actually much more than I thought it was going to do. It is such an odd layout inside, that won't work for families.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton