HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
thanks for the excellent clarification!

Just a question - in that last picture - that arch has clearly been sheared off - any chance in future with enough money something like that could be restored fully? I really love to see architectural restorations

also for everyone here I notified the people at kings and queens about this forum post as I figured it would be nice for them to answer the questions directly - it's always nice to hear the answers "straight from the horses mouth' so to speak instead of just speculating!
I don't think we could restore it properly. If at some time we own the building it may be considered. At the moment it is a testament to all the historic demolition of Hamilton's character. So many lost buildings.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 103KingStEast View Post
I don't think we could restore it properly. If at some time we own the building it may be considered. At the moment it is a testament to all the historic demolition of Hamilton's character. So many lost buildings.
Good to know - I know the city offers grants I believe for outer restoration of historical elements on the buildings, do they do anything for interior ones?

Also another question - I have been looking EEEEVERYWHERE but I cannot for the life of me find an interior shot of this building of how it originally looked. I can find exterior ones and ones of the atrium and theatre section - but nothing for the main foyer - I would love to see what this building ORIGINALLY looked like inside in its prime!

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:50 PM

Our First Art Show "Oniomania"

Had a fantastic first art show. 150 people 13 artists and 8 sales.
Here is the main bar set up for the show. Still under construction but it looks nice.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Had a fantastic first art show. 150 people 13 artists and 8 sales.
Here is the main bar set up for the show. Still under construction but it looks nice.
Looks great so far! It'll be so nice to have that warm light glowing through the windows onto King Street soon

Old Posted Today, 4:26 PM

Sadly it will fail, along with all the other businesses along King because of LRT.
(SARC)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton