HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 7:41 PM

Eat Drink Local Week - Gastown

Did anyone check this out last week? Kind of a "Dine Out" $20 main course & drink set menu at 5 gastown/east side restaurants - Cork & Fin, Boneta, Diamond, 2 Chefs and a Table & Au Petit Chavignol.

This is into week two now. Yestarday through this Wednesday. There seems to be some pretty good deals to be had:

http://www.eatdrinklocalweek.com/

Gonna check out 2 Chefs at some point this week. Have heard good things.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2010, 8:43 PM
Dérive-r

Thanks for the info! I wish I'd heard about this earlier. I think I might try Boneta tonight.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 2:11 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Not usally a fan of these promotions, as many times you don't get a true taste of what the restaurant is really about. Hopefully that's not the case with this one, (Dine out Vancouver is famous for being dissappointing). Out of that list I'd recommend Boneta, 2 Chefs and a Table & Au Petit Chavignol. Diamond is more of a drink joint although there snackfood is pretty good. Cork and Fin was very disappointing we were served a couple of bad clams and they were also cross contaminated with shellfish which my wife is allergic to.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2010, 4:18 AM
In Love With YVRthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedy13 View Post
Thanks for the info! I wish I'd heard about this earlier. I think I might try Boneta tonight.
Boneta's my favourite in Van - great food, fun environment. Little loud if you go regular dining hours but hit it at 6:45 and it's perfect.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining