HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Jan 23, 2010, 2:54 AM
Hello World

Ok so I had Nat's NY Pizza the other day. It's ok but nothing to write home about. On the other hand, I also recently was introduced to Ocean Park Village and Pub and they make MUCH BETTER pizza. Given that our region is fairly small, I say this is worth the travel

Old Posted Jan 23, 2010, 5:50 AM
Site 8 Lives

For cheap slices, I used to be a big fan of Johnny's on Granville Street (and West Broadway)... but I don't think it's as good as it used to be.

On the higher end, I love DJJs in North Van, and a place called Pony in Pemberton.

Oh, and Steamworks thin crust pizza is actually very good.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2010, 6:08 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

The pizza at the Shangri-la's Urban Fare is pretty great, they have one with artichoke hearts that is really tasty.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 11:04 AM
recession proof

What do you locals think of Goldies? I found it quite decent for the price. (Not in the same league as Terroni in Toronto of course.)

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
The pizza at the Shangri-la's Urban Fare is pretty great, they have one with artichoke hearts that is really tasty.
For pizza by weight, like in Rome, I prefer Sciue's on Pender over Urban.

http://www.sciue.ca/home.php

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 10:18 PM

there was an awesome pizza place off robson on bute, I think it's the bread garden now, but it was great at 3 am!!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_from_kamakura View Post
nat's the best pizza? hm, i'm not sure if that's a stronger indictment of vancouver pizza or the people who responded to the "survey".

cipriano's isn't all that bad, but still. a lesson to any entrepreneurial forumers: open a good high temp (maybe wood fired) oven pizza joint, go with a milk crust, use good ingredients (like prosciutto and real reggiano cheese), go liberal with the olive oil, stick with boccocini or whatever, and serve it up at a reasonable price - and you're a mere hop, skip and nytimes article away from pattison luncheons and soirees at the segals' and so forth.
I've heard that Vancouver has outlawed new wood fired pizza ovens, but has allowed existing restaurants using wood ovens to keep using them. Not sure why they've banned new wood ovens. Too much smoke and CO2 for the neighbours?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2010, 12:04 AM

Whole Foods pizza is where it's at. Any toppings you could ever want with any sauce and whole wheat or white base. Thin crust. But it's not the cheapest around, although getting a quarter of a pizza for $3.49 is ok with me...

The spinach, mushroom, tomato, pesto, blue cheese pizza is super popular there.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining