HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 2:59 AM

XFL Football Team

With the XFL returning in 2020, rumor has it they are looking for some new cities to house new teams?

Would you guys like to see an XFL team in Milwaukee?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanPlotkin_MKE View Post
With the XFL returning in 2020, rumor has it they are looking for some new cities to house new teams?

Would you guys like to see an XFL team in Milwaukee?
Eh, I would much rather have an NHL or MLS team.

I personally wouldn't watch it but I know nothing about viewership or XFL attendance or the league in general. How big of a stadium or arena does the XFL need? Where would they play in Milwaukee? Milwaukee surely wouldn't build a stadium for the XFL.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Eh, I would much rather have an NHL or MLS team.

I personally wouldn't watch it but I know nothing about viewership or XFL attendance or the league in general. How big of a stadium or arena does the XFL need? Where would they play in Milwaukee? Milwaukee surely wouldn't build a stadium for the XFL.
I was thinking, if they were to build a stadium, the Menominee Valley would be the perfect place to put it.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 3:01 PM

Quote:
I was thinking, if they were to build a stadium, the Menominee Valley would be the perfect place to put it.
It would be. I just don't see Milwaukee dishing out funds for an XFL stadium. Even if we did have the funds, I would rather them be used for a soccer specific stadium (also in the valley as you suggested) in hopes of attracting an MLS team. Can the XFL play at a soccer stadium? Or do they need a football-specific stadium?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
It would be. I just don't see Milwaukee dishing out funds for an XFL stadium. Even if we did have the funds, I would rather them be used for a soccer specific stadium (also in the valley as you suggested) in hopes of attracting an MLS team. Can the XFL play at a soccer stadium? Or do they need a football-specific stadium?
I'd say, make one that can be interchangeable. And if the stadium is big enough... perhaps the Packers could make a return how they used to back in the days of County Stadium?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 8:42 PM

Quote:
I'd say, make one that can be interchangeable. And if the stadium is big enough... perhaps the Packers could make a return how they used to back in the days of County Stadium?
That revenue is too important for Green Bay. They won't give up any home games to Milwaukee, especially with the Title Town District currently being built. Don't get me wrong, I would love it, as a majority of their fans come from Milwaukee anyways, but it just isn't going to happen. They keep those former Milwaukee season ticket holders happy with the Milwaukee ticket package which I believe is the Gold Package.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 3:57 PM

Large suburban project moving forward....

Independent minor league pro baseball team coming to The Rock

Quote:
Zim-Mark Properties LLC, which is developing the Ballpark Commons project, purchased the last piece of the property for the project at 8200 W. Old Loomis Road on Feb. 14 from Milwaukee County for $1 million according to state real estate records and plans to break ground on construction of a 4,000-seat ballpark for the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball team this spring.

Ballpark Commons, a $130 million mixed-use development featuring the 4,000-seat ballpark, commercial and retail businesses, restaurants, residential apartments, and various entertainment and active lifestyle features.
I play baseball here in summer so expect lots of picture updates on this one. Should be a cool project to watch rise. 4,000 seat stadium, Top Golf complex, Apartments, Office, Retail, and additional sports-related developments such as an all-purpose indoor sports facility.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 4:03 PM

Small but important infill development for the booming Fifth Ward neighborhood.

Apartment project pitched for Reed Street Yards in Walker’s Point
Linden Street Partners currently constructing another Walker's Point development

Quote:
A five-story apartment building is being proposed for Milwaukee’s Reed Street Yards, where the city and General Capital Group have spent the last three years working to develop a water technology business park.

Brookfield-based Fiserv Inc. is considering moving its corporate headquarters to Reed Street Yards or The Corridor development in Brookfield. The firm has not publicly commented for several months on its intention.

“We think Fiserv would be a plus and are hoping that it happens, but we did not base our decision on that,” Richardson said. “We are just pleased to be part of the overall Reed Street Yards project and want to be involved in the overall development.”
This project is right across the train tracks from the firms other project, The Quin. Let's hope Fiserv makes the move from Brookfield to downtown, specifically Reed Street Yards.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 10:52 PM

Got a tower crane going up for the Poto Hotel.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:55 AM

i took a new consulting job, and am in town this week meeting the team. (HQ's in old 3rd ward) this city is cool as hell - totally flies under the radar b/c of chicago, but i'm looking forward to coming back for future trips already. everyone keeps saying gotta come back for summerfest.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
i took a new consulting job, and am in town this week meeting the team. (HQ's in old 3rd ward) this city is cool as hell - totally flies under the radar b/c of chicago, but i'm looking forward to coming back for future trips already. everyone keeps saying gotta come back for summerfest.
Glad you enjoyed our city. Definitely a hidden gem overshadowed by Chicago. If you like the 3rd Ward check out the 5th Ward/Walkers Point, it's the "new 3rd Ward".

Milwaukee is a whole different beast in summer. The city really comes alive. Summerfest is a good time. Milwaukee has some surprisingly great beaches like Bradford. Brewer's games are a blast (even if you aren't a fan of the team, the tailgating/party atmosphere make it enjoyable for all). This year Harley also has their big anniversary to close out summer and those bike rallies take over the entire city, it's pretty crazy to see. There are big ethnic festivals on the lakefront every weekend from German Fest and Italian Fest to Mexican Fiesta and Asian Moon. There's something for everyone. Best yet, since this is a skyscraper forum, there should be plenty of towers going up in summer for you to feast your eyes on; Goll Mansion, Farwell Tower, Poto, BMO, 777, Masonic Hotel, and possibly the Couture.

Enjoy the city man! We're happy to have ya.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2018, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
Welcome to Milwaukee, Cabasse.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 7:38 PM

Looks like the Couture is in for another lengthy “delay”

Personally I think this project is dead and I will continue with that mindset going forward. It’s too bad because I was really looking forward to watching Milwaukee’s tallest apartment building rise.

We should have seen this coming years ago.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 9:10 PM

Fencing is up around the site of the new Buck’s apartment building. I think it’s some decent infill and will be the first residential project of the arena district.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 5:08 PM

Just curious where did you hear this is delayed? I have been looking for articles about it but so far I have not seen anything official. So disappointing if its true since we were looking forward to an anchor and the height on that corner! Also a big loss for the street car and brining life to the street all year long. Sad since it all seemed to have been a win win for the city! What a shame if this does not go up! I am generally a quiet observer here but this
really sucks if true!

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofman15 View Post
Just curious where did you hear this is delayed? I have been looking for articles about it but so far I have not seen anything official. So disappointing if its true since we were looking forward to an anchor and the height on that corner! Also a big loss for the street car and brining life to the street all year long. Sad since it all seemed to have been a win win for the city! What a shame if this does not go up! I am generally a quiet observer here but this
really sucks if true!
One of the guys over on SSC e-mailed the JS and his response did not sound optimistic hinting at a lengthy delay. Not sure what what that means for the Green Line running to the lakefront.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 1:15 AM

The Fresh Coast by bucksfan86, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 1:26 PM

Thanks for the information.
Lets hope its a delay and not the end of the project!
I have faith in Rick Barrett he was able to get the Modern out of the ground during the down turn not an easy task!
This is a huge project for that corner of downtown and the city! I would think it will enliven the entire lakefront for work and play! The light rail will also benefit dramatically from the connection.
Let’s hope it is simply a temporary delay!

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 3:04 PM

St. John’s to hold groundbreaking ceremony for 22-story tower on April 13

Quote:
Saint John’s on the Lake on Milwaukee’s East Side will hold a groundbreaking ceremony on Friday, April 13, to celebrate the start of construction of a 22-story residential tower.

The campus is currently made up of a 22-story tower that opened in 2011 on the south end with a one-story building connecting it to the campus’ original 10-story building.

The new tower will be built on the north parking lot of Saint John’s at Kane Place and Prospect Avenue.
Also....

A new tower crane just went up for BMO's new tower.

BMO Harris office building ready to rise after tower crane erected

Quote:
Contractors on the BMO Tower in downtown Milwaukee are approaching the turning point where instead of digging and tearing things down, they’ll be building structures up.

The project to build a 25-story office tower started in November, as crews began tearing down BMO Harris’ parking structure on Water and Wells streets in Milwaukee. Workers have since dug a hole that is about 30 feet down at its deepest point to make room for the new tower’s basement.
And....

Potawatomi's new hotel tower is already growing vertically. I believe they are on the 2nd or 3rd floor by now.

I will try and get out soon to take a bunch of pics to give people who don't live in the city a better feel for all the projects U/C right now.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 10:54 PM

Fund-raising for $30 million Lakefront Gateway Plaza will begin later this year

Quote:
Marcoux also told the committee that Chris Houden, with Palisade Properties Management LLC., plans to break ground on the 28-story Goll Mansion apartment tower project at 1550 N. Prospect Ave. in August.
Goll Mansion Tower to begin in August.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations