HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 4:12 AM

Absolutely outstanding, Cirrus! Thanks for taking us along on your stroll.

I used to stay at the Hotel on P Street where the ESPN truck was parked all the time - back then it was a Radisson. This is my favorite neighborhood in D.C., and one of my favorite places was Kramerbooks & Afterwords. Love that place. Hope it's still there...

Old Posted Sep 11, 2013, 11:55 PM

Great photos!

Just last month I was eating at La tomate (I think it was) right on the corner of your street.

I love the Dupont neighborhood and as I go to DC for business or to visit my brother and his family often and I always stay at the Dupont right on Dupont circle.

It is without a doubt one of the best neighborhoods in the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
I really enjoy seeing everyday DC. My memories of Dupont park include Vietnam vet-looking homeless dude outside the pharmacy asking me to get him some cold medicine, the mistake of eating at California Pizza Kitchen, and that the park was absolutely packed. DC has so many little interesting "villages" that you can get lost in. There is really a vibe there (sometimes good, sometimes not-so-good) that no other city in the country approximates.
Dupont park can bring out quite the interesting crowd especially at night but my usually experience is as I pass through the park at night quite often sketchy looking guys walk by me fast saying "coke, weed?"

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos