HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 2:01 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
yeah, the problem with facists advocating for genocide is people aren't articulate enough in explaining why it's bad..
And certain people jump to conclusion that are way off base.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
Agreed.

As a Canadian citizen with no legal status in the US and no (close, anyway) relatives in the US it's not really my place to have opinions on American elections.

For me, my main concern with the US president is what his/her policies are with respect to my country. And so far Trump hasn't given me much to worry about in that regard.
This is why I became more and more pro-Trump as the election came down to him vs Clinton. One of the biggest parts of his platform was his anti-TPP stance, and it's taken him, what, 3 days to already act upon it? The other was his harsh words to other NATO countries to pull their weight in military funding. Our government needs to prioritize increasing funding particularly in our navy, and really protect our arctic among other things.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 2:12 AM

I'm pretty sure your doctor misdiagnosed your autism. You're just a misanthrope.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 2:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
I'm pretty sure your doctor misdiagnosed your autism. You're just a misanthrope.
I'm not the one panicking that half the US has gone mentally insane.

I have faith in most people, and I think many american's feel the same way I do.

One of the advantages of my autism is that I have to actually work at understanding people. Normal people can do it by instinct sometimes its a curse sometimes its the way to be.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
The american's didn't want to attack actual germany until 44, they did this because they wanted the nazis and the commies to exterminate each other.

I feel like I should have a longer explanation but that really is all their is to it.

No really this is as complex as it gets, sometimes a cigar is a cigar, sometimes it's just a door jam.

EDIT: It was a direct comment about the rise of the extreme left and populist right in western politics, chill out people.

I really thought the cleverness and obvious of what I was saying spoke for it self.
I think the irony was lost on many people... Actually, the bigger problem is that your comment (and the subsequent reaction) demonstrates how Trump has so changed the game that any ridiculous or unsubstantiated comment or idea can gain traction. In Trump's case:

- Multiple women come out accusing him of sexual assault? It's a lie. They're gold-digging hags.

- Less people come out for Trump's inauguration ceremony compared to 2009 (as indicated by most objective measures)? No! We had the largest crowd in history. The media is lying!

- Trump didn't win the popular vote? No! Voter fraud on a massive scale!

The jury is out on whether Trump will be good for Canada. Keystone is a positive. Renegotiating NAFTA on terms Trump is happy with? Likely not so good -- Trump seems to play win-lose. Cosying up to Russia or dissing NATO? Definitely not good for Canada.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:06 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
The american's didn't want to attack actual germany until 44, they did this because they wanted the nazis and the commies to exterminate each other.
omgomgomgomg

Quote:
I feel like I should have a longer explanation but that really is all their is to it.

Quote:
No really this is as complex as it gets, sometimes a cigar is a cigar, sometimes it's just a door jam.

Quote:
EDIT: It was a direct comment about the rise of the extreme left and populist right in western politics, chill out people.

I really thought the cleverness and obvious of what I was saying spoke for it self.
Cleverness!

Quote:
I was refering to the SJW's, and the lazy fair conservatives.
LAZY FAIR!!!

Quote:
I.e. trump winning is exposing the absurd site of the social marxist, while at the same time exposing the establishment for what it is.
*stamps social marxist square*

Hooray! I just won alt-right bingo! I win a thousand cucks!

Quote:
When I say social marxist, I literally mean a very active movement who really have a philosophical viewpoint different from most people over the age of 30.
a philosophical viewpoint different from most people over the age of 30

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:21 AM

Yeah, there's a lot of knee-slapping rot in this thread, but the OP's autism obviates ridicule.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:22 AM

Trump became a big name because of fake news. I'm old enough to remember back in the 1980s and 1990s when he would often be on the cover of the tabloids (National Enquirer, Examiner, Globe, etc.) He has been on them recently and many of those "newspapers" gave him big endorsements.

There was normally not a lot of truth about him from the beginning so he's obviously not comfortable with those who question him and want facts instead of fantasy.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
My attitude is that it is now interesting to watch what the president does, but that there's not much point in non-voters paying attention to election campaigns.
Doubly so since those "election campaigns" seem to last over 2 years in a media cycle. So really, Americans lately seem to be spending more time talking about politics "in the midst of an election" than not.

I think Colbert had it right, when after this most recent election, he settled down and said the founding fathers made politics very complex, because they wanted it to be boring, and for people to go with their daily lives.

Politics as a topic has this artificially inflated sense of importance, whereby it easily sucks people in to thinking this is the most important thing in the world and we need to talk about it constantly, but it's really not. Having super long campaign cycles with super sensationalist news is just causing deeper and deeper divisions, and everybody to be distracted by what amounts to a largely vacuous exercise in inflated importance.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:47 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:

The trouble with that kind of thinking is that whoever the winner is may gain strength and then will come after you.

Quote:
... the lazy fair conservatives.

LOL

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 3:56 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
I'm not the one panicking that half the US has gone mentally insane.

It isn't that in particular; social media and what it facilitates is more the real cause of events.

Alternative reality lends itself to alternative facts.

We now may actually need Orwell's Ministry of Truth.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 4:05 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doady View Post
I totally agree with Stryker. If people destroy each other and world's population declines or stops growing, then the human footprint on the planet will be lessened. Trump presidency could be very good for the environment, especially for stopping climate change.
Yeah armament, war and, death doesn't have any lasting impact on the environment.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 4:24 AM

What a surprise that the hands-down most racist and misogynistic person on this board needed to make a thread about how he likes Trump.

Keep working at trying to understand people, Stryker. You don't have a clue.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 4:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
The trouble with that kind of thinking is that whoever the winner is may gain strength and then will come after you.

LOL
I honestly believe this is total paranoia.

The demographics, the law, the economics, and even trump himself are not truly on the side of the Alt right.

In contrast all of the above are trying to align itselves with social marxist nonsense.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 4:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
What a surprise that the hands-down most racist and misogynistic person on this board needed to make a thread about how he likes Trump.

Keep working at trying to understand people, Stryker. You don't have a clue.
Lol only on this website would I not think this is a complete joke.

I'm honest and I don't hold people to some imagery standard.

This new religion of token alturism is a joke.

I'm the first to admit I have the communication skills of 3 year old.

But if you think I don't understand people better than say 70 of the population you really don't know me.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 4:56 AM
I am a typical

If you understand people better than 70% of the population, then either you don't show it here, or you don't understand people better than 70% of the population.

Both of these points are true because we now live in a post-fact reality.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 5:00 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
Doubly so since those "election campaigns" seem to last over 2 years in a media cycle. So really, Americans lately seem to be spending more time talking about politics "in the midst of an election" than not.

I think Colbert had it right, when after this most recent election, he settled down and said the founding fathers made politics very complex, because they wanted it to be boring, and for people to go with their daily lives.

Politics as a topic has this artificially inflated sense of importance, whereby it easily sucks people in to thinking this is the most important thing in the world and we need to talk about it constantly, but it's really not. Having super long campaign cycles with super sensationalist news is just causing deeper and deeper divisions, and everybody to be distracted by what amounts to a largely vacuous exercise in inflated importance.
Normally I would agree, I decided to have nothing to do with american politics back when bush was reelected.

However I love science fiction, and I've pretty much had to give up on the genre, as everything has to be a platform for political agenda this and that.

One of my favourite alien series is alien(s), at its time it was see as being a feminist titled film.

Nowadays it represents the good old misogynistic days/

Robots regardless of the context have to be about slavery, sexism, or how obectification is wrong.

Gonna watch an action sci fi, wait for it there's gonna be a 100 pound chick running around like she's brock lesnar.

The force awakens establishes a defacto rape allegory and its afucking kids film.

Star trek(a show that always been ahead of the curb has to go on some parade about diversity) as if the interspecies sex, religions, diplomacy etc weren't blatant enough where the medium sits.

Even the movie Arrival which is my absolute favourite of the decade, has a tilt about how the only linguist on the planet is a women.(granted I love the film cover to cover)

Fucking westworld is apparently how men just want to treat women like fuck toys, despite people of every gender and orientation getting in on the fun.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 5:05 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
If you understand people better than 70% of the population, then either you don't show it here, or you don't understand people better than 70% of the population.

Both of these points are true because we now live in a post-fact reality.
Lets be clear what I mean.

I'm not some social mastermind.

I look at people in big numbers because that's where we can actually quantify things.

I'm curious about human behaviour and its limits.

For example your post fact reality nonsense is a joke.

The idea that most republicans buy into trump in the way you are suggesting is a complete joke.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 5:14 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Lets be clear what I mean.

I'm not some social mastermind.
That's very clear. Thank you!

Quote:
I'm curious about human behaviour and its limits.
Human behaviour doesn't necessarily have limits aside from those imposed on us by physics. You're thinking of morals.

It's a dangerous path to walk down when you start contemplating what the limits of human morals might be.

Quote:
The idea that most republicans buy into trump in the way you are suggesting is a complete joke.
When did I say most Republicans buy into him? He has a lower favourably rating than Bush did most of the time. I've repeatedly pointed out that a fifth of those who voted for Trump think he is failing!

Five days in office (two by his count) and he's already signed orders to reduce health care access, abortion, muzzle scientists à la Harper, and repeatedly disputed objective reality with alternate "facts". By "post-fact" I refer to the idea the Trump camp seems to have, that actual facts can be disputed with what Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer call "alternative facts". They think that their "alternative facts" are like anti-hydrogen coming into contact with hydrogen—the instant they touch, both cease to exist and it's time to move on to the next talking point to distract us from Trump's fascism.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 5:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post

Human behaviour doesn't necessarily have limits aside from those imposed on us by physics. You're thinking of morals.

It's a dangerous path to walk down when you start contemplating what the limits of human morals might be.
What your thinking about is moral relativism and it's a complete(alright partially) a big load of horseshit.

Humans are relatively predictable in what they will do in the extremes.

The fact that your suggesting its dangerous, to me sounds like your someone who prefers to pretend it doesn't exist.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada