HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 2:13 AM

you guys are crazy very nice pics!!! keep them coming dave I love it so do my kiddos they get to see what there daddy does haha i know i will be sure to tell my hubby about mario (ps. i dont like the football team choice either haha)

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 3:05 AM
North Beach

Mario is a star!!

Your husband must be standing back from the edge, I haven't seen him recently.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 12:54 AM

there is two crews working now and mario is not getting any help thats why he has that look hubby must be on other side of building. hope to see sunny days soon city looking a little gray any ways love you all (ps. not to many hard hats fit mario's head, so he is stuck ha ha)

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 1:01 AM
North Beach

That's hilarious! Poor Mario....

I'll look more carefully for your husband next time.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 12:33 AM
North Beach

I really like the watery look of the glass:

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 1:07 AM

I also really love the variation on the glass. Can't wait till all the exterior cladding is installed!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 5:32 AM

Thumbs up

hey dave nice pic i really like they way it looks also very nice cant wait to see other pics........

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 5:50 AM
North Beach

As they get up higher it gets harder for me to get good pics without bringing a heavy telephoto lens. You can see them today:

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 9:28 PM
Only Mostly Dead

A whole lot of glass was just delivered, so Mr. Jaime and crew won't be getting a break anytime soon.

I also just noticed that they've completed the 5 or 6 story brick wall where the building buts up to its neighbor. Not sure when that was done as I hadn't looked closely at that side in a while.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 10:58 PM
North Beach

Did you ever wonder where construction workers keep their cell phones? Wonder no more!!!!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 11:30 PM
millard fillmore

i hate being one of those people that just drops a "great project" post in a thread with nothing really to contribute, but i have to say it.

what a great project. sure its fairly conservative, but it looks to have really appealing massing, an exceptional facade, and boy did it seem to go up fast. for one reason or another i find this to be such a stand out in aesthetic quality, even when it's hardly a significant development.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 6:48 PM

My gosh! It's like the paparatzi are now capturing Mario's every move!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 7:01 PM

I really like the look of this building - Much better then 80% of the things they were constructing in Atlanta when I left in December

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 8:44 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
My gosh! It's like the paparatzi are now capturing Mario's every move!
When we start posting updates of how long he was in the porta-potty, we'll know we've gone too far.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
When we start posting updates of how long he was in the porta-potty, we'll know we've gone too far.
Actually, I find it rather entertaining to connect real personalities to a construction thread. I don't know if it's done before, but I find it refreshingly unique. ...Thanks to Downtown Dave's keen photographic eye, and his powerful telephoto lens equiped camera!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 9:59 PM
North Beach

Heh. I just find it a bit sterile after a while to see photos of buildings alone, and really nothing about who is building them or how they are built.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2008, 11:18 PM
BANNED

If I could play devils advocate for a moment, the closeups of workers and building panels are all fine, but as someone who can't see the building for myself at the moment, what I'd really like is a few shots showing me the big picture: what the thing looks like on the skyline, how far up the glazing has got, what Mission St. looks like with it in place.

In the 301 Mission thread, for example, several people have now commented it's as tall as 50 Fremont but no photos to show it.

Do you all realize we haven't really had any such shots of any of the major projects in sometime now--just tons of closeups.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 12:07 AM
North Beach

I guess I don't realize that.... every major project seems to have had overall shots taken in the past week or so. At a micro level there is always something to see different each day, but not so much at a macro level. What kinds of photos do you want to see that you don't now? The whole skyline from Mission bay?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 12:14 AM
Waiting for what's next..

Thumbs up

Downtown Dave,

That would be a great start (I agree with BTinSF). While your photos are great, as are all who provide same, it would provide a "total picture" if we could see just how the buildings are fitting-in to the overall topography of San Francisco.

(BT... I told you to get back here and bring your camera! )

Old Posted Jan 18, 2008, 1:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dave View Post
I guess I don't realize that.... every major project seems to have had overall shots taken in the past week or so. At a micro level there is always something to see different each day, but not so much at a macro level. What kinds of photos do you want to see that you don't now? The whole skyline from Mission bay?
You have a perfect right to photograph what you want and I, too, appreciate the artistry of some of the shots (like the fog effects on the Infinity). And it's possible that what I want to see is not what you are interested in photographing so I'm not necessarily asking YOU to do it.

But nowhere have I been able to find, just for example, a shot telling me how high the second Infinity tower has got or how much glazing is in place. Similarly, no shots allowing someone to judge the comparative height of the Millenium or its glory on the skyline (as described in words by a couple of posters). And if there's a recent top to bottom shot of 555 or one showing how it affects the Mission streetwall, I can't find it.

I'm asking somebody with a camera to do those kinds of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
BT... I told you to get back here and bring your camera!
My camera and I have just got back to AZ from New York and Florida. I've got plenty here to do. I'll be back to SF where I won't need other people's photographic help to keep up in a couple of months, but not until then. Sorry.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive