HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I believe this is just a drawing that the developer is using to market the site but something like this on the corner of 4th street would be really welcome infill.

Intown could use more infill like this. I like the scale, how its' right out to the lot line and how it fits in with the other adjacent buildings. Too bad it's only a preliminary drawing...

Old Posted May 7, 2011, 12:34 PM

Previously proposed site for Fountains on Ponce is set for a short sale

Old Posted May 7, 2011, 5:59 PM

Changes to Streets of Buckhead

The Biz Chronicle reports that there will be big changes to SOB including the name of the development. The new owner intends focus the design of the project more on walkability and making it an urban part of Buckhead rather than the "Rodeo Drive of Atlanta" and includes two 20-story apartment buildings but no hotels. No specific retailers were mentioned but unlike Carter, they intend to focus on local restaurants. Construction could begin later this year.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; May 7, 2011 at 8:53 PM.

Old Posted May 8, 2011, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin22 View Post

I'm so glad they look to keep the I.M. Pei building intact on that lot. That really is a nice little building. I wonder if that would ever get a historic designation - I hate to see ATL loose all their mid-century buildings.

Old Posted May 8, 2011, 2:31 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Saw this at the Coke event in Centennial Park today along with Ryan Seacrest, Natasha Bedingfield, Neyo and KELLY CLARKSON!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJCdYiQeSl8

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 10:04 PM

Buckhead Atlanta

The development formerly known as Streets of Buckhead

Renderings

Old Posted May 27, 2011, 7:24 PM

Medical innovation R&D center to open in Midtown

The Global Center for Medical Innovation — billed as the Southeast’s first medical device innovation center — has been awarded $3.6 million.

The money, from the U.S. Economic Development Administration and the Georgia Research Alliance (GRA), will be used to build and equip a prototyping design and development facility that aims to accelerate commercialization of new medical devices and technology. The funding will also support establishment of approaches for commercializing medical devices developed in universities, hospitals, companies and other organizations.

The Global Center for Medical Innovation (GCMI) will be housed in a 12,000-square-foot facility being renovated in Midtown.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p....html?page=all

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 7:04 PM

12th and Midtown Growing?

I came across something very interesting about 12th and Midtown on Selig's website today. The site plan for the project now shows it as an 8-block development bounded by Juniper, 13th, 11th, and SPRING STREET. The last I ever heard anything about the project, it only went as far west as Peachtree Walk. The site plan can be found here. Anyone here any updates on this project regarding all these newly added city blocks?

A different site plan on their website shows Phase 4a (half of the block behind 1010 Midtown fronting Crescent Avenue) delivering in Spring 2013 as a residential tower named 77 12th Street. This site plan is shown here. Anyone know anything about this particular phase of the project?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokezero View Post
I came across something very interesting about 12th and Midtown on Selig's website today. The site plan for the project now shows it as an 8-block development bounded by Juniper, 13th, 11th, and SPRING STREET. The last I ever heard anything about the project, it only went as far west as Peachtree Walk. The site plan can be found here. Anyone here any updates on this project regarding all these newly added city blocks?

A different site plan on their website shows Phase 4a (half of the block behind 1010 Midtown fronting Crescent Avenue) delivering in Spring 2013 as a residential tower named 77 12th Street. This site plan is shown here. Anyone know anything about this particular phase of the project?
The plan shows the cancelled Mandarin Hotel so I suspect it's old and outdated.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2011, 5:48 PM

Here is the site plan next to the existing google earth aerial:

Lots of crazy stuff there. Razing a ton of existing, and in some cases historic, buildings; putting a park where a post office is--the list goes on.

But it can't be that outdated. It shows Noon's space as being available, and they only closed down a few months ago.

The most interesting thing to me is definitely the phase 4a building. Seems hard to believe anything would be getting off the ground with prices this low, but they might be anticipating that nearly all of the nearby luxury buildings will be full by 2013.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 1:07 PM

Interesting pick-up. Today's Business Chronicle says they're breaking ground on a 22-story apartment complex this fall--at 12th and Crescent.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...high-rise.html

After several years we might finally see a crane in the skyline!

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 2:33 PM

Regions bank moving to Midtown tower

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 4:27 PM

Rendering of 77 12th Street from Patch Midtown

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 6:59 PM

More 77 12th Street Details

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropundit View Post
Wait, so this would get rid of the drive in bank on the corner? If that's true and they put retail on the first floor facing Crescent.... it's going to be absolutely cool. Fingers crossed

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 10:06 PM

And even more good news re 12th& Midtown:
http://whatnowatlanta.com/2011/06/10...town/#comments

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 10:45 PM

I'm impressed with the street level treatment. This will be a slam dunk for Midtown.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokezero View Post

Actually this photo surfaced a couple of years ago suggesting plans that could include several more phases in the long term. I recall it being discussed at the time that the 12th &Midtown developers didn't own any sites other than the 4 phases.

You did break the news about Phase 4A delivering in 2013 even before it was in the news outlets.

Apparently Phase 4B is the other building in the bottom half of this pic. Phase 3 is the building on top.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jun 12, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
Wait, so this would get rid of the drive in bank on the corner? If that's true and they put retail on the first floor facing Crescent.... it's going to be absolutely cool. Fingers crossed
Glad to see the project.

Though I'm not crazy about "ye olde shoppe facade". I never understood arc-welding a strip mall to the bottom of a skyscraper.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2011, 4:26 PM

I'm pleased to see that this new phase doesn't preclude the oft-discussed urban Whole Foods at Crescent and 11th. It looks like it could still happen as a second phase on that block.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta