HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 12, 2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
Fantastic update Vanman. A very comprehensive set of photos.

I'm still rather amazed that the commercial portion of Plaza 88 went ahead so soon after the completion of the towers, not to mention without any apparent downsizing from the original scope. I certainly hope that Translink is successful in its efforts to secure its funding plan that includes station renovations, since there otherwise is no money to integrate the New Westminster station into the Plaza 88 project. I would hate to see a scene not too different from the one below remain in place for years to come.
I think the scope wasn't cut down because of the tenants they have lined up. The major locations in the mall seem to be taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Nice, thanks.
Still not keen on the big blank wall (ditto for Marine Gateway too).
Without seeing the blueprints, I would wager the wall might have something to do with the theater? It will probably be covered with signs anyway.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley