HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 9:31 PM
Meh

East 6th & Chicon Hotel site plan. Elevations start on page 29. It's at 1817 East 6th Street - 6th & Chicon.

ftp://ftp.ci.austin.tx.us/ATD_AULCC/...otel_PLANS.pdf

63 feet with 5 floors.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Jan 28, 2016 at 12:36 AM.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 10:24 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
East Austin Hotel site plan. Elevations start on page 29. It's at 1817 East 6th Street - 6th & Chicon.

63 feet with 5 floors.
I thought "East Austin Hotel" was at 1108 E 6th? How can 2 projects have the same name?

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=11427896

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=11402741

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 10:28 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Kevin, the plans you posted call it "East Sixth and Chicon Hotel." Do you have a link to its permit page? I can't find it by searching its address.

The "East Austin Hotel" that I remember can still be found by searching the 1108 address. It's closer to I35.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 10:34 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
Do you have a link to its permit page?
Found it: https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=11475428

Old Posted Oct 16, 2016, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
East 6th & Chicon Hotel site plan. Elevations start on page 29. It's at 1817 East 6th Street - 6th & Chicon.

63 feet with 5 floors.
I think this is a revision of the hotel that was originally planned for E. Cesar Chavez. The original hotel was going to be 3 stories and 65 rooms, but the neighbors protested it and the Planning Commission nixed it, IIRC.

Plans for controversial East Austin hotel withdrawn

Quote:
The developers behind the controversial East Side Hotel proposed for East Cesar Chavez Street have withdrawn their appeal for a permit and plan to propose their project at another site, Council Member Sabino "Pio" Renteria's office said Friday.

John Donisi, an attorney for Brian and Bree Carrico, the couple who proposed the hotel, wasn't available for comment.

The proposal for a $19 million, 65-room hotel wasn't approved by the city's planning commission in June but was pending an appeal to City Council.

On Friday, Renteria met with the Carricos, who formally submitted a letter to withdraw the appeal, the council member's office said. The Carricos plan to come back with a proposal that better fits the East Cesar Chavez neighborhood plan, a Renteria spokesman said.
Back in June of 2015 (before the Planning Commission denied approval for the project) KXAN ran a story on it.

Video Link

At 0:32 in the story, they showed a couple of renderings of the original 3-story concept from Baldridge Architects.

I went over to Baldridge Architects website and found a page for an untitled hotel

Based on the elvations shown in Kevin's link and the renderings shown on Baldridge Architect's website, it appears to be the same project.

Renderings:

The man on the balcony in the below rendering appears to be looking west up Sixth Street because you can see The Austonian and the JW Marriott on his left and One American Center and the Omni Hotel on his right.

There's a couple of other interior renderings on that page as well.

Quote:
I thought "East Austin Hotel" was at 1108 E 6th? How can 2 projects have the same name?

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=11427896

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=11402741
Quote:
This is the one I'm confused about. Is this one the one designed by Rhode Partners?

Or is this one a different "East Austin Hotel" that's shown on Bercy Chen Studios website

I'm confused. There's too many "East Austin Hotels" to keep track of.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin