HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #10761  
Old Posted Yesterday, 6:32 PM
soled soled is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
That would actually be a great place for a basketball arena if it did move, though I hope it doesn't move.
It is a rough area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10762  
Old Posted Yesterday, 6:49 PM
azsunsurfer azsunsurfer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 430
The area is very rough. However, I have noticed a lot of home flipping and infill starting to happen south of Thomas and 36th St. It's interesting to see since they are asking a lot for these houses vs what rents or sells in properties that are not flipped. I wonder how far south it will move?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10763  
Old Posted Yesterday, 6:54 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 714
Downtown was a rough area back in 1992.

That area has easy access from all parts of the valley, plenty of area for parking, and lots of room to build amenities like practice facility, offices, etc. Look at how well it worked for United Center. I'd rather Suns be downtown but that location would be a good second option.
__________________
Please excuse the brevity, auto corrected words, and occasionally incoherent sentences as I'm usually posting from my phone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10764  
Old Posted Yesterday, 6:55 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
The area is very rough. However, I have noticed a lot of home flipping and infill starting to happen south of Thomas and 36th St. It's interesting to see since they are asking a lot for these houses vs what rents or sells in properties that are not flipped. I wonder how far south it will move?
My building at Thomas and 36th is a disaster, it makes money and will eventually be in an area of gentrification but holy moly the crack dealing and petty crime there... wow.
__________________
Please excuse the brevity, auto corrected words, and occasionally incoherent sentences as I'm usually posting from my phone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10765  
Old Posted Yesterday, 9:39 PM
soled soled is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Downtown was a rough area back in 1992.

That area has easy access from all parts of the valley, plenty of area for parking, and lots of room to build amenities like practice facility, offices, etc. Look at how well it worked for United Center. I'd rather Suns be downtown but that location would be a good second option.
I hear what you are saying, and I apologize in advance for being vague, but there's a much different element around 40th St and McDowell than there was in downtown at any period. I can say that having worked in public safety downtown for almost a decade from the very early 90's to the late 90's, I knew that area at that time intimately. And I've also spent quite a bit more of my decades-long career covering 40th St and McDowell and its surrounding areas.

I'm not saying it can't or won't someday get cleaned up, but it's gonna take a completely different type of tool set to stabilize some of the pockets around there. Especially some very close to that particular lot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10766  
Old Posted Yesterday, 10:04 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 714
Of course it's the hood, I don't think anyone is going to deny that, but geographically the location is great for access no matter what part of the valley you're traveling from.
__________________
Please excuse the brevity, auto corrected words, and occasionally incoherent sentences as I'm usually posting from my phone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10767  
Old Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM
ASUSunDevil ASUSunDevil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Of course it's the hood, I don't think anyone is going to deny that, but geographically the location is great for access no matter what part of the valley you're traveling from.
Absolutely. Coronado is also still pretty hood. That land has the potential to be great.

Is it officially going to be a data center?

I always hoped it would be developed as a 'new Haver community' like the stuff they're building in Palm Springs. Nice remodels are going for $200 per sf just north of 40th St. & McDowell - something like these could command $250-$300 per sf. in that location:

http://kudproperties.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10768  
Old Posted Yesterday, 10:34 PM
muertecaza muertecaza is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Absolutely. Coronado is also still pretty hood. That land has the potential to be great.

Is it officially going to be a data center?

I always hoped it would be developed as a 'new Haver community' like the stuff they're building in Palm Springs. Nice remodels are going for $200 per sf just north of 40th St. & McDowell - something like these could command $250-$300 per sf. in that location:

http://kudproperties.com

Nothing official I've seen about the planned use of the land.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10769  
Old Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 714
I assume you're talking about Rancho Ventura, I know a couple of people who have tried to make things work in there, very difficult because by the time you get the house on the market you're at a price that people can get a Town and Country Paradise or Orchid Park Haver.
__________________
Please excuse the brevity, auto corrected words, and occasionally incoherent sentences as I'm usually posting from my phone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10770  
Old Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM
soled soled is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Of course it's the hood, I don't think anyone is going to deny that, but geographically the location is great for access no matter what part of the valley you're traveling from.
But the hood is not what I'm saying. I've been in countless homes across the Valley dealing directly with the underbelly of society. What I'm talking about is different than a hood or transients or zombies tripping on spice or bath salts. And again, sorry for being vague, but there's an element there that's beyond that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10771  
Old Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 714
I'm entertained trying to figure out what you're referring to, my only guess is the massive refugee population centered at the 202 and 40th. There seems to be a total feeling of desperation in that community and I can imagine that leads to really unhappy things.

Since I bought my building at 36th and Thomas I've had to deal with (not just) the following:

*transsexual prostitution going on in vacant units, storage rooms, and the back yards.
*the usual crack dealings and herion shooting
*homeless stealing people's cats and (probably while high) killing and eating them.
*people setting fire to random trees and objects.

If you've seen stranger things then God bless you, I thought I'd seen it all dealing with that neighborhood.
__________________
Please excuse the brevity, auto corrected words, and occasionally incoherent sentences as I'm usually posting from my phone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10772  
Old Posted Today, 12:25 AM
FN2187 FN2187 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 3
So either the land by 40th street and McDowell is turned into a new suns arena or a new data center? If a new data center is built there, wouldn't it be good for downtown Phoenix? Since the current building is a deadzone. Just curious 🤔
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:43 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.