HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

35 Hudson Yards in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 12:51 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New Renderings Debut For 35 Hudson Yards, Neighborhood’s First Residential Supertall

Quote:
New renderings have been released for the 92-story Skidmore Owings & Merrill (SOM)-designed 35 Hudson Yards, the second tallest structure underway in the overall mega-development. Along with the new renderings, images of construction reveal that the façade has shot up to just a few stories under the parapet. Once fully installed, all five of the Hudson Yards towers currently in the skyline will be near completely clad.

AD100-awarded designer Tony Ingrao will be responsible for the interior designs of the apartments and amenity lounges. David Childs of SOM is responsible for the architecture, notable for its limestone and curtain wall façade.

The 1,009-foot tall building will yield over one million square feet within, creating 143 condominiums, a 217-key Equinox hotel between floors 15-29, and retail on the first and second floors.
=====================
NYY

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 5:24 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I recall seeing that tower render with Vessel once before.

The stone element and horizontal bands above the last setback don't look as pronounced in reality IMO.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 6:55 PM
Ω

I'd love to live here. You'd get some amazing views especially in the curved units.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 2:24 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 12:52 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 30, 2018 at 1:16 AM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 1:03 AM

This a fine building. Very fine indeed. I just love what SOM NY has done these last ten years.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 2:10 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
This a fine building. Very fine indeed. I just love what SOM NY has done these last ten years.
It really is a nice building. I imagine it would be appreciated more if it were rising in another location in the city. I think it would make a nice companion to 9 Dekalb in Brooklyn.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 3:21 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 12:34 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Pic by me. From today.

c.estevez nyc - Union city (3) by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 12, 2018, 1:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 4:12 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 1:50 AM
New Yorker for life

With the skin reaching the tops of these buildings, it's easier now to appreciate the scale...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKIQMFh...by=little.juka

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 12:13 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 12:46 AM

Great podium. I love the aesthetics of stone and glass as I also respond very positively to 99 Hudson St.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 2:39 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 3:59 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 3:24 PM

35 Hudson has really stolen the show for me for the Hudson Yards so far. I think it fits well into the vernacular of some of the striking 'neo-art deco' (or whatever people want to call it) towers going up almost entirely in NYC including 111 W 57, 53W53, 9 Dekalb, 45 Broad St, and even 1 Vanderbilt (and maybe even 432 park to some degree). I wonder if anyone has read anything about these commonalities in the design of these highrises because they are all Class A and I am extremely jealous of NYC.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 3:24 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Boston View Post
35 Hudson has really stolen the show for me for the Hudson Yards so far. I think it fits well into the vernacular of some of the striking 'neo-art deco' (or whatever people want to call it) towers going up almost entirely in NYC including 111 W 57, 53W53, 9 Dekalb, 45 Broad St, and even 1 Vanderbilt
Good observation. It's not usually mention on the conversation with those other towers, but I think it can be.

Michael Lee

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 2, 2018 at 4:35 AM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 3:57 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Boston View Post
35 Hudson has really stolen the show for me for the Hudson Yards so far. I think it fits well into the vernacular of some of the striking 'neo-art deco' (or whatever people want to call it) towers going up almost entirely in NYC including 111 W 57, 53W53, 9 Dekalb, 45 Broad St, and even 1 Vanderbilt (and maybe even 432 park to some degree). I wonder if anyone has read anything about these commonalities in the design of these highrises because they are all Class A and I am extremely jealous of NYC.
I wouldn't come close to comparing 1Vandy to 'neo-art deco.' That's a bit of a stretch. Looks more related to the international style.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 2:37 PM

This is a beautiful building. Crazy it'll likely be overlooked. Only in New York City...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive