HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #601  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 6:36 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
my wife and I coming down to Regina this weekend for some sports action....but, of course she will want to do some shopping too! Is Cornwall basically full of tenants as I am sure that is where she will go.
Cornwall Centre Regina

Women's Apparel
Ardene
Cleo
Dynamite
Garage
Rickis

Men's Apparel
Tip Top Tailors

Other Apparel
American Eagle Outfitters
Below The Belt
Bench
Boathouse
Eddie Bauer
Foot Locker
Gap
H&M (opens March 29th)
Jersey City
La Senza
La Vie En Rose
Le Chateau
Lululemon Athletica
Roots
RW & Co.
Volcom
West 49
Zumiez

Children's Apparel
Children's Place
Gap Kids

Footwear
Aldo
Call It Spring
Payless Shoesource
Quarks
Soft Moc

Jewelry & Fashion Accessories
Claire's
Culture Craze
Hillberg & Berk
Pandora
Peoples
Solar X Eyewear

Home Furnishing & Décor
Stokes

Electronics/Photo/Music & Video
Bell
Cell Style
Cellicon
EB Games
Iworld Connect
Jump.ca
Koodo Mobile
Rogers
Sunrise Records
Telus
Virgin Mobile
Wirelesswave
Wow Mobile Boutique

Food Court
A&W
Cookies By George
Dairy Queen/Orange Julius
Edo Japan
Extreme Pita
Freshii
Kung Pao Wok
New York Fries
Opa! Of Greece
Subway
Taco Time
Thai Express
Trifon's Pizza
Umi Sushi Express

Specialty Foods
Booster Juice
DAVIDsTEA
Laura Secord
Tim Hortons
Zam Zam Wraps

Health & Beauty Stores/Services
Bath & Body Works
Beauty Plus Brow Studio
Chatters Hair Salon
General Nutrition Centres (GNC)
Saje Natural Wellness
Sephora
Shoppers Drug Mart
The Body Shop

Other Services
Saskatchewan Lotteries
Entertainment & Recreation
Marlin Travel

Large Format Users
Dollarama
Hudson's Bay
H&M (Opens March 29th)

Other Tenants
Ehealth Saskatchewan
Guest Services Kiosk
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #602  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 6:43 PM
prairieguy prairieguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 929
Thank you....she will be disappointed H & M not open, but probably will save me money...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #603  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 1:47 AM
Tyler19944 Tyler19944 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Regina
Posts: 73
Is the main floor entrance of the new entrance at the old Smittys entrance?

Also, is old Bryans now a Starbucks? Or did that not go through?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #604  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 1:52 AM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
Is the main floor entrance of the new entrance at the old Smittys entrance?

Also, is old Bryans now a Starbucks? Or did that not go through?
The entrance is the same. It just now has Timmies where Second Cup used to be and H&M where Havik, Smitty's, and that one jewellery story used to be.

And yes, Starbucks is now where Bryan's used to be.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #605  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 5:15 AM
Tyler19944 Tyler19944 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Regina
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
The entrance is the same. It just now has Timmies where Second Cup used to be and H&M where Havik, Smitty's, and that one jewellery story used to be.

And yes, Starbucks is now where Bryan's used to be.

Oh gosh, I am just looking at my last message... I was on mobile as well as a little preoccupied. But thanks for a response anyway

What I meant to ask was is the new entrance of H&M where the old entrance of Smitty's was?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #606  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 7:48 AM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
Oh gosh, I am just looking at my last message... I was on mobile as well as a little preoccupied. But thanks for a response anyway

What I meant to ask was is the new entrance of H&M where the old entrance of Smitty's was?
I was trying to figure out what you were asking...

It looks like both the old entrances to Havik and Smitty's will lead into the new H&M.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #607  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 3:38 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I was trying to figure out what you were asking...

It looks like both the old entrances to Havik and Smitty's will lead into the new H&M.
I’m guessing 2 entrances main floor and one on the second floor.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #608  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 4:19 PM
ceedub1170's Avatar
ceedub1170 ceedub1170 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I’m guessing 2 entrances main floor and one on the second floor.
I would guess there would be 4 entrances.
1. Main floor inside the mall
2. Second floor from inside the mall.
3. Outside Entrance on 11th
4. Second Floor at the back, where the Galleria Skywalk is located.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #609  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 4:33 PM
ceedub1170's Avatar
ceedub1170 ceedub1170 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 397
^^
On second glance...I saw this map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzO...IwMS1VM00/view

The skywalk looks to have a path going behind the store.

So, I think there will be 3 entrances.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #610  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 6:41 PM
HomeInMyShoes's Avatar
HomeInMyShoes HomeInMyShoes is offline
arf
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pile 'O Bones
Posts: 11,422
And here's the outside one. They are putting up a sign today. It is looking quite shiny. I'm guessing it should be up by within a couple of hours.


2018-03-06_12-39-26 by (HomeInMyShoes), on Flickr
__________________

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #611  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 8:11 PM
CoryB CoryB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,174
Re Sears replacement in Cornwall timing. Consider these for perspective. In Winnipeg Polo Park took a pre-bankruptcy buyout for their Sears location and it was among the first to close post-bankruptcy. No plans are announced and it seems to be trending to Holiday 2018 or later.

St Vital Centre had at least one tenant lined up for the former Sears space before it closed. After closing construction crews were in the space doing some structural related work, thought to be in preparation for the new tenants as the space, like most Sears spaces, will need to be split into smaller units. More recently the stores are started that the space will be a complete demo and rebuild. The space is somewhat awkward as it is a two story store with a basement on a single story mall with only a central escalator.

Another point of reference would be to look at the time from the announcement for the Cornwall H&M to opening.

On broader terms I expect Sears replacements to still be rolling out well into 2020. Heck one of the last Target spaces is still being worked on in Winnipeg and that has been several years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #612  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 8:11 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
And here's the outside one. They are putting up a sign today. It is looking quite shiny. I'm guessing it should be up by within a couple of hours.


2018-03-06_12-39-26 by (HomeInMyShoes), on Flickr
Yaaas! Can’t wait for the final look!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #613  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 8:13 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Re Sears replacement in Cornwall timing. Consider these for perspective. In Winnipeg Polo Park took a pre-bankruptcy buyout for their Sears location and it was among the first to close post-bankruptcy. No plans are announced and it seems to be trending to Holiday 2018 or later.

St Vital Centre had at least one tenant lined up for the former Sears space before it closed. After closing construction crews were in the space doing some structural related work, thought to be in preparation for the new tenants as the space, like most Sears spaces, will need to be split into smaller units. More recently the stores are started that the space will be a complete demo and rebuild. The space is somewhat awkward as it is a two story store with a basement on a single story mall with only a central escalator.

Another point of reference would be to look at the time from the announcement for the Cornwall H&M to opening.

On broader terms I expect Sears replacements to still be rolling out well into 2020. Heck one of the last Target spaces is still being worked on in Winnipeg and that has been several years.
Hopefully Sears Cornwall Centre redevelopment will be a different story.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #614  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:26 PM
CoryB CoryB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,174
^^ I know it is only March but if you figure a six month process from permitting through building to opening we are already sliding well into fall 2018. As there doesn't seem to be anything solid on what is replacing Sears at Cornwall I would suspect it is sliding into the 18-24 month window before something opens to replace it.

For what it is worth Polo Park seems to be sitting idle too even though there are lots of rumors about what might happen including Hudson Bay relocating for the space at the other end of the mall. Consider the other end of the mall went from Eaton's to Eatons to Sears to Hudson Bay it has a really odd mix of design styles. Also the Sears space at Polo Park is a little odd as it is a two-story (and basement) space on a two story mall but has limited access to the second floor as the floor height is significantly lower than the rest of the mall. Having a single retailer like Hudson Bay move it would also the space on the other end to be split and it is slightly easier to do.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #615  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:52 PM
DandyUnderworld's Avatar
DandyUnderworld DandyUnderworld is offline
Downtown Dweller
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 18
I'm not a fan, but a Winners/Home Sense would make sense for 1 floor of the old Sears space, maybe a Chapters/Indigo for the other floor? Sorry, idle speculation...it's just getting harder to envision big retailers moving into urban core malls.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #616  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 5:00 PM
Kegger Kegger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyUnderworld View Post
I'm not a fan, but a Winners/Home Sense would make sense for 1 floor of the old Sears space, maybe a Chapters/Indigo for the other floor? Sorry, idle speculation...it's just getting harder to envision big retailers moving into urban core malls.
I could imagine Shoppers needing a larger footprint. It seems to be very busy as it is now. More space might even allow for an expanded grocery section. Wouldn't that be nice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #617  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 5:13 PM
jigglysquishy's Avatar
jigglysquishy jigglysquishy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,649
Shoppers is a nightmare at lunch. Long lines, skinny aisles, and impatient people makes for a very stressful experience
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #618  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 5:32 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Shoppers is a nightmare at lunch. Long lines, skinny aisles, and impatient people makes for a very stressful experience
The Shoppers current location could be a prime location for a fashion retailer too. The old Sears chunk to include for a larger Shoppers would be nice. Concerning Chapters, even an IndigoSpirit (smaller size Indigo/Chapters) would be a nice option for the mall. Maybe a Rainbow Cinemas offshoot too? If anything I could see them moving some retailers into Sears, to open up more prime spots in the current mall concourse. I remember rumour of Forever21 and Victoria’s Secret floating around, which both would need Shoppers floor plan size for sure ($10,000sqft at least).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #619  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 5:38 PM
Tyler19944 Tyler19944 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Regina
Posts: 73
A Whole Foods would be great (but a pipe dream?)! A grocery store would be a piece of the puzzle downtown is missing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #620  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 6:04 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
A Whole Foods would be great (but a pipe dream?)! A grocery store would be a piece of the puzzle downtown is missing.
A grocery store is needed, yes. But to take up a large chunk of that mall for it, naw. The would be the biggest waste of prime retail space. Maybe first floor of the SaskTel building converted to a grocery store.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:15 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.