HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 9:30 AM
EdInVan

What's up with the Microsoft sign on Robson Street? Doesn't seem like it has ever been lit.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 2:50 PM
life in the present

So happy to see this finally being done!! That triangular entry with the horrible awning makes no sense now architecturally, this will certainly complement the original design of the TD Tower far more.

Last edited by connect2source; Dec 23, 2016 at 5:36 PM.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Doubt it - as it generates revenue for CF.
But the bulletin doesn't say anything about access to the Fido (off the hoarding corridor), so maybe it is moving.
The area will remain tenanted but it is known the space is not used to its highest and best use as a telecom kiosk...

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
The area will remain tenanted but it is known the space is not used to its highest and best use as a telecom kiosk...
Well, whaddaynow, the Fido kiosk disappeared overnight (at least I thought I saw it yesterday).
It's gone today.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 8:51 AM

Jan.10 '17, my pics

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Depends on the context; that Fido location is/was one of their best performing store locations.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox View Post
Depends on the context; that Fido location is/was one of their best performing store locations.
Good point. From everyone but Fido's point of view that is not the best use for that location.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Good point. From everyone but Fido's point of view that is not the best use for that location.
What would you suggest? Bubble Tea stand? Lotto Kiosk?

Ron.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 9:23 PM

I noticed today that the 725 sign out front now has "Mobify" on it
- so they must be th last office tenant.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 9:28 PM

Yep, thought I mentioned that a while ago, though a quick search brings up nothing. I guess I forgot. They've been in there for several months now, took the remaining 25,00 sq ft on the 4th floor. Great local success story so far.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfBC View Post
What would you suggest? Bubble Tea stand? Lotto Kiosk?

Ron.
It's business so therefore rent per square foot is the true determinant of value. Do you think they are moving down market from Fido to lotto kiosk?

Hopefully you are making a joke, however.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Well, whaddaynow, the Fido kiosk disappeared overnight (at least I thought I saw it yesterday).
It's gone today.
Relocated across the street to the rotunda.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 11:52 AM

Thanks!

Quote:
Yep, thought I mentioned that a while ago, though a quick search brings up nothing. I guess I forgot. They've been in there for several months now, took the remaining 25,00 sq ft on the 4th floor. Great local success story so far.
I think you hinted at it but no one guessed correctly.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 7:09 AM

Jan.18 '17, my pic

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 1:07 AM

With the pending Rotunda development and another pretty interesting project upcoming at Pacific Centre , would people like to see this renamed as a Pacific Centre updates thread?

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 1:18 AM

That makes sense.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 2:53 AM

Yes

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 11:37 PM

So this isn't one of the projects I was hinting at, but confirmation of one of the largest real estate transactions in Canadian history was just released today:

Quote:
CADILLAC FAIRVIEW, ONTARIO PENSION BOARD AND THE WORKPLACE SAFETY AND INSURANCE BOARD ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP IN VANCOUVER PROPERTIES
Jan 20, 2017

January 20, 2017, Toronto – Cadillac Fairview (CF) is pleased to announce it has reached an agreement to sell a 50% interest in its Vancouver Portfolio to Ontario Pension Board (OPB) and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), who have each acquired a 25% interest.

Representing approximately 4.0 million square feet of leasable space, the CF Vancouver portfolio, which includes CF Pacific Centre, one of North America’s top performing shopping centres, and 12 best-in-class office properties, is a rare collection of trophy assets situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver.

“As a proud owner and developer of commercial real estate in Vancouver for more than 40 years, it was critical for Cadillac Fairview to find like-minded partners who share in our long-term vision,” said John Sullivan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cadillac Fairview.

“This deal gives us the rare opportunity to gain direct exposure to the tightly held Vancouver real estate market. As the economic and financial centre for Western Canada and the primary access point to Asian markets, Vancouver is expected to outperform other major Canadian cities going forward,” said Mark Fuller, President and CEO of the Ontario Pension Board. “It is also a great example of how asset pooling and scale help us gain direct access to high-quality assets that will help us generate strong returns over the long term.”

“Today's announcement proves the value of pooled asset management and its tremendous potential for the economy of Ontario,” said Tom Teahen, WSIB President and CEO. “This aligns with the WSIB's commitment to protect the interests of those we serve.”

These transactions build on a strong partnership between CF and OPB, who currently co-own four properties in downtown Toronto: RBC Centre, Toronto-Dominion Centre and two development properties at 16 York Street & 160 Front Street West. CF and WSIB also have an existing partnership as co-owners of Simcoe Place in downtown Toronto, which recently achieved LEED Platinum-EB certification.

About Cadillac Fairview

Cadillac Fairview is one of the largest owners, operators and developers of best-in-class office, retail and mixed-use properties in North America. The company also invests in retail, mixed-use and industrial real estate in Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.

Cadillac Fairview and its affiliates own over 38 million square feet of leasable space at 73 properties in Canada, which is valued at more than $29 billion, including landmark developments, such as Toronto-Dominion Centre, CF Toronto Eaton Centre, CF Pacific Centre and CF Chinook Centre.

Cadillac Fairview has been wholly owned by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan since 2000. Ontario Teachers’ is a diversified global investor and administers the pensions of more than 300,000 active and retired school teachers.

About OPB

Ontario Pension Board administers Ontario’s Public Service Pension Plan, a defined benefit pension plan serving approximately 82,000 active, retired and deferred members and their employers. With more than $23 billion in assets, it is one of Canada’s largest pension plans. Over the last 20 years, Ontario Pension Board has become one of Canada's leading direct owners of high quality commercial real estate.

About WSIB

The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board is an independent trust agency that administers compensation and no-fault insurance for Ontario workplaces.
We are committed to delivering what matters to the workers and employers of Ontario: fast, accessible service and fair benefits at a fair price.
https://www.cadillacfairview.com/en_...roperties.html

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 12:36 AM

What does this actually mean for "projects?"

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 1:53 AM
retro_orange

Quote:
With the pending Rotunda development and another pretty interesting project upcoming at Pacific Centre , would people like to see this renamed as a Pacific Centre updates thread?
Good plan.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver