HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 7:05 PM
Funkytown's finest

New building

Aloft Hotel of Fort Worth
436 ft.
24 stories

Looking up from Lancaster

Main entrance

Elevation

comparison with Burnett

This is a modern building (duh) and it's yet another mixed use building. The bottom half of this building is hotel space, while the top is condo/appartment space, like the DoubleTree.
That big silver shape in the front can be seen as two things: a longhorn's head, or a tornado. Either way, it represents the city.
This building would replace this...

...the Texas Workforce Commission Building (I'll remodel a new one.... one that's less ugly).

This mixed use building would help redevelop and revitalize Lancaster even further.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2009, 3:56 PM
Funkytown's finest

New Building

Pecan Pyramid
755 ft.
35 stories

Residential pool

Looking up from street level

Entrance and "Eastside Market", along with space for more retail

Pyramid Top

Elevation

Comparison with Burnett

This is another mixed-use tower with retail space on the first floor, office space for the next 6, and residential for the next 28 floors. I wanted the design to be modern but come from an ancient design, as you can see it resembles both the Egyptian and Aztec pyramids combined. Also, there's San Francisco's Transamerica Pyramid in there as well.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2009, 1:33 AM
Funky Urbanist

I would put some cool night time lighting on both buildings. The Pecan Pyramid is quite different I must say.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2009, 3:30 PM
Funkytown's finest

New Building:

Lancaster Arch Twin Towers
397 ft.
23 stories

Residential towers located right next to the Omni.

Walkway with the main entrances to both towers. The Base of the towers feature retail space. There are four red-orange cylinders used for lighting.

The two interlocking arches connecting the buildings.

Elevation

Comparison

This would be a major area for human activity along the Lancaster Corridor.
As you can see, it's the shortest of all the buildings I've done. And this is intentional, because I wanted this to be more a more human-scale towers (if that makes sense). The arches are what make the towers more unique than any other. It's symbolic of networking and neighborhood interaction that makes Downtown Fort Worth what it is.

BTW, the arches don't look exactly what I want them to look like and the brown part of the buildings aren't all brick, but you get the idea.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 2:57 PM
Funkytown's finest

Last Building

Sony Tower of Fort Worth
800 ft.
41 stories

It's sleek, all black, and it resmbles a Playstation 3 (just look at it). At the base, it's a garage, with a Sony Megastore on one side and retail space on the other.

Looking at it from street level

Here it is from the top (as you can see the PS3 shape)

Elevation

Comparison

Located on the W. 1st, W. 2nd, and Florence block, this 800 footer is the last of my tallest buildings for Fort Worth (for now anyway...).

It would complete the western part of the skyline. You already know where the inspiration came from. And even if Sony never comes to Fort Worth, I'd still use this design if the chance ever came.

Well, that's it for now.

I'm moving to my next projects (PVAMU's new Football Stadium, and New Buildings for Fort Worth that are 20 floors or less).
Thanks for looking.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2009, 6:57 PM

JJG , I am speechless, you are way so talented.

WE need a whole new city with a downtown/skyline in which most of your designs are represented along with parks, concert halls, etc.

That will be a major tourist hub and I am sure an eclectic place to hang around. Keep up the good work you young man.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 2:52 AM
Funkytown's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
JJG , I am speechless, you are way so talented.

WE need a whole new city with a downtown/skyline in which most of your designs are represented along with parks, concert halls, etc.

That will be a major tourist hub and I am sure an eclectic place to hang around. Keep up the good work you young man.
Thank you.

I hope to one day help develop downtown Fort Worth even more. I want the city to grow the smart way, so I don't want TOO many big skyscrapers. At least, not in the near future.

I'm done with the skyscrapers for now, but I will make more mid rise buildings later.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 6:42 PM
Funky Urbanist

Fantastic work as always! I love the twin towers and the Sony Bldg especially. I look forward to seing the new PV stadium.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 11:51 PM
Funkytown's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinmiles View Post
Fantastic work as always! I love the twin towers and the Sony Bldg especially. I look forward to seing the new PV stadium.
Thanks again. And I'm actually almost done with the stadium. I started making it 8 months ago....

Old Posted Nov 15, 2011, 3:08 PM

For a city of 750,000, FW certainly has a dearth of skyscrapers. XTO's back-burner plans for a 50+ story building are no doubt dead now that Exxon has taken them over. I'd love to see an eye-popping, architectural gem go up, but by whom, and when? I do like some of the concepts shown on these pages!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2017, 7:15 PM

WOW! These highrises are amazing! The XTO HQ reminds me of Houston's BOA tower with a Chicago's John Hancock tower twist, very cool! Did you make any renderings of how the skyline would look with all your skyscrapers and the existing Ft Worth towers skyline?

Old Posted Dec 25, 2017, 1:02 AM
Funkytown's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbyRyan View Post
WOW! These highrises are amazing! The XTO HQ reminds me of Houston's BOA tower with a Chicago's John Hancock tower twist, very cool! Did you make any renderings of how the skyline would look with all your skyscrapers and the existing Ft Worth towers skyline?
I did... some years back. But now they've all been erased.

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 3:39 AM
クラブトクヨ

Fort Worth needs a signature tower!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral